U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-15-2010, 06:21 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,491,299 times
Reputation: 580

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
So not having God as your Father does not mean you are not going to be saved.
Umm, yes it does. Read John 3:3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-15-2010, 06:28 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,491,299 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
I agree. But you are mistaken if you think spiritual death means everlasting death. The prodigal son died a spiritual death. It says he was DEAD while he was eating and sleeping and pondering. The prodigal son was NOT born again until he returned. He was a child of the devil. The father in the house was NOT his Spiritual Father per the verses you quoted.
The prodical son did NOT die a spiritual death. I disagree. He may have been dead to his father, but he was alive in the flesh and the spirit, although not with his father.

Spiritual death cannot happen until judgment day. Even though they may be like the walking dead, they are not dead. There is always the hope of salvation while they have the breath of life remaining in them.

Same as the days of Noah. They had opportuniy, UNTIL the ark was shut and the floods came.
Same as the days of Lot. They had opportunity, UNTIL it rained fire and bimstone.

The opportunity is lost once you are dead. There is no OTHER life to be had to repent, for this flesh is all you get.

And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die ONCE and after this comes judgment, so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of MANY, will appear a second time for salvation without sin, to THOSE who eagerly await Him.


How many times??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 06:30 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,491,299 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
We all like sheep have gone astray , each to their own way . What happens to sheep that go astray ?, yes you've got it they become lost . Who did Jesus say He came to seek and Save ? , yes you've got it , the lost .

You just happen to be found by Him before many others , if you really believe in Him .

Or do you believe even though you were lost you found your way back to God yourself ?
And to answer this easy question...

You HAVE TO FOLLOW His voice. Even a believer can fall from grace. Many are CALLED, FEW CHOSEN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 06:35 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,491,299 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
UM... if sinners are PUNISHED for NOT doing the commands of God and they are not part of God's kingdom but that of another then WHY are they obligated to keep God's kingdom's commands?
Since you repeated yourself over and over,,,I will answer this one.

They are NOT punished.

They are DEAD.

Only the believer who turns their back on the saving Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, having known Him, and been known by Him,,will face a punishment for what they have done.

And then they, too, will join those have previously died, and DIE the 'Second Death'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 06:35 PM
 
Location: New England
32,495 posts, read 21,322,228 times
Reputation: 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
And to answer this easy question...

You HAVE TO FOLLOW His voice. Even a believer can fall from grace. Many are CALLED, FEW CHOSEN.
But Jesus said He came to seek and save the lost . Who are the lost ? .

Did/does Jesus accomplish this mission of His to seek and save the lost ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,726,936 times
Reputation: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Since you repeated yourself over and over,,,I will answer this one.

They are NOT punished.

They are DEAD.

Only the believer who turns their back on the saving Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, having known Him, and been known by Him,,will face a punishment for what they have done.

And then they, too, will join those have previously died, and DIE the 'Second Death'.
Ok so the wages of sin is NOT death?

Is a sin defined by the Kingdom or not? I would imagine that in the devil's kingdom sins would not be sins... right?

So you don't believe Hitler was punished, just dead. But a former believer dies, is punished, and then dead?

I guess I don't understand the negative effect of unbelief from you perspective then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,491,299 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
And Jesus came to restore man back to Himself

6So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

I see no evidence from fundamental christianity that it has taken on a role has an ambassador , i also see no evidence of it imploring on His behalf to be reconciled.
WE IMPLORE YOU? TO BE RECONCILED?? So that in Him we MIGHT BECOME???

Sounds like it is never a done deal, doesn't it? It is OUR choice to be reconciled to God, otherwise they would not implore us on behalf of Christ. And even then it is a maybe that we MIGHT become the righteousness of God through Him.

Interesting you would choose this passage...

You keep shooting yourself in the foot.

And the reason you cannot see it, is that Christianity as a whole has married herself to the beast. This is why there are FEW that find it. They are the ones who are clean, and spotless. Virgins prepared for the Bride-groom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 06:47 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,491,299 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But Jesus said He came to seek and save the lost . Who are the lost ? .

Did/does Jesus accomplish this mission of His to seek and save the lost ?
Did Jesus accomplish this mission of His to seek the lost. Answer=Yes. Evidence= The continuing growth of the message being spread.

Does Jesus accomplish this mission to save the lost? Answer=Yes. He died for this purpose, to save EVERYONE.
Evidence= The Word of God and me. He offered salvation even to me. I accepted. Does everyone? He says no. You say yes. I will stick with Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 06:49 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,491,299 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Ok so the wages of sin is NOT death?

Is a sin defined by the Kingdom or not? I would imagine that in the devil's kingdom sins would not be sins... right?

So you don't believe Hitler was punished, just dead. But a former believer dies, is punished, and then dead?

I guess I don't understand the negative effect of unbelief from you perspective then.
Hitler was a believer, or so claimed to be. If he wasn't, then no. He would just remain dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 07:03 PM
 
Location: New England
32,495 posts, read 21,322,228 times
Reputation: 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Did Jesus accomplish this mission of His to seek the lost. Answer=Yes. Evidence= The continuing growth of the message being spread.

Does Jesus accomplish this mission to save the lost? Answer=Yes. He died for this purpose, to save EVERYONE.
Evidence= The Word of God and me. He offered salvation even to me. I accepted. Does everyone? He says no. You say yes. I will stick with Jesus.
So i guess Jesus didn't accomplish His mission , some of the lost were just that good at hiding that Jesus couldn't find them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:59 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top