U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-15-2010, 07:08 PM
 
Location: New England
32,224 posts, read 21,101,518 times
Reputation: 2274

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
WE IMPLORE YOU? TO BE RECONCILED?? So that in Him we MIGHT BECOME???

Sounds like it is never a done deal, doesn't it? It is OUR choice to be reconciled to God, otherwise they would not implore us on behalf of Christ. And even then it is a maybe that we MIGHT become the righteousness of God through Him.

Interesting you would choose this passage...

You keep shooting yourself in the foot.

And the reason you cannot see it, is that Christianity as a whole has married herself to the beast. This is why there are FEW that find it. They are the ones who are clean, and spotless. Virgins prepared for the Bride-groom.
Actually unlike yourself i believe God is able to accomplish all that He sets out to do .

You really believe that you found the Lord don't you , it depended on you finding Him , unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.

The only reason you believe is because God in His mercy opened your eyes to see His Salvation.

For God has shut up all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-15-2010, 07:23 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,471,008 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Actually unlike yourself i believe God is able to accomplish all that He sets out to do .
As do I. This is why Jesus was sent. To be the Savior of the world, to ALL who believe.

Quote:
You really believe that you found the Lord don't you , it depended on you finding Him , unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
No, I sought Him out and He FOUND ME. IOW, I LISTENED, unlike what you do. You take the kingdom by force. Although you do not see it, you do.

Quote:
So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.
God has mercy upon ALL men. This is why there is NO EXCEPTIONS to those that seek Him. He isn't some racist god. Jesus is the Savior of ALL who believe. PERIOD.

Quote:
The only reason you believe is because God in His mercy opened your eyes to see His Salvation.
The only reason I believe is I found the Savior, and He found me. I heard, i listened, I follow. Simple formula ANYONE CAN DO.

Quote:
For God has shut up all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all.
Round and round....

The Mercy shown to ALL is named Jesus Christ. That is as close to Mercy you are going to get, so you better get right with Him. Without Him, you are dead, dead, dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 07:33 PM
 
Location: New England
32,224 posts, read 21,101,518 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
As do I. This is why Jesus was sent. To be the Savior of the world, to ALL who believe.

No you don't



No, I sought Him out and He FOUND ME. IOW, I LISTENED, unlike what you do. You take the kingdom by force. Although you do not see it, you do.

No you didn't "There is no one righteous, not even one;
11there is no one who understands,
no one who seeks God




God has mercy upon ALL men. This is why there is NO EXCEPTIONS to those that seek Him. He isn't some racist god. Jesus is the Savior of ALL who believe. PERIOD.


no one who seeks God



The only reason I believe is I found the Savior, and He found me. I heard, i listened, I follow. Simple formula ANYONE CAN DO.


no one who seeks God

Round and round....

The Mercy shown to ALL is named Jesus Christ. That is as close to Mercy you are going to get, so you better get right with Him. Without Him, you are dead, dead, dead.

HotinAZ my faith is in Him .Why are you threatening me ?

8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Your posts are a mild versions of Verna Perry's , very self righteous and bordering on hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 07:47 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,471,008 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Your posts are a mild versions of Verna Perry's , very self righteous and bordering on hate.
You know, that is so hypocritical of you to say such a thing.

You UR folk gang up on people who disagree with you. Call them names. Claim your God is not their God.

I know I am not righteous by myself. It is Christ within me that makes me righteous. If you do not have Christ within you, then PRAY TELL ME, how do you stand in front of God claiming righteousness?? You know this answer, yet you refuse to believe it, so you would rather believe a LIE. Same lie since Genesis. Same lie, from the same source.

You claim what you do is out of love, and then throw the stones. How quaint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 08:01 PM
 
Location: New England
32,224 posts, read 21,101,518 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
You know, that is so hypocritical of you to say such a thing.

You UR folk gang up on people who disagree with you. Call them names. Claim your God is not their God.

I know I am not righteous by myself. It is Christ within me that makes me righteous. If you do not have Christ within you, then PRAY TELL ME, how do you stand in front of God claiming righteousness?? You know this answer, yet you refuse to believe it, so you would rather believe a LIE. Same lie since Genesis. Same lie, from the same source.

You claim what you do is out of love, and then throw the stones. How quaint.
You never responded to any of my answers highlighted in blue . You claim you sought and found God , which is contrary to scripture i quoted .
You cannot accept that God cannot accomplish His will of saving all , purely because you believe it depends on him that wills and runs , rather than on Him who shows mercy.

As for calling me an hypocrite , you are fighting with all your might to prove that God is not only willing but able to accomplish His will , which is nothing short of which Verna is doing . I stand by my comment.

You can fight me as much as you won't . God will have all men to be saved , you can spin this any way you want , it will not change a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 08:03 PM
 
697 posts, read 913,378 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Also being lost means not being able to find ones way

Thus the reason Jesus came, to show us the way.
Wow, that is really good!

Last edited by SmalltownKSgirl; 07-15-2010 at 08:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 08:08 PM
 
1,711 posts, read 1,608,411 times
Reputation: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
The prodical son did NOT die a spiritual death. I disagree. He may have been dead to his father, but he was alive in the flesh and the spirit, although not with his father.

Spiritual death cannot happen until judgment day. Even though they may be like the walking dead, they are not dead. There is always the hope of salvation while they have the breath of life remaining in them.
I'm not going to argue about a phrase such as "spiritual death" that is not in the scriptures, at least not to my knowledge. My definition was anyone who is not alive in Christ is spiritually dead.

The prodigal son was dead in trespasses and sins. He typifies people like the publicans and sinners coming to Christ. The lost being found. People who rise from the dead, spiritually speaking, in Christ.

While he was doing the opposite of the Father's will he was not yet a child of Abraham. The children of Abraham do the works of Abraham. He was doing riotous living, disregarding the Father's will.

The elder son was still a child of the devil by the end of the parable. He typified the pharisees who hate the idea of their brother being saved. And like the elder son, they think that they always did the Father's will.

Quote:
Same as the days of Noah. They had opportuniy, UNTIL the ark was shut and the floods came.
Same as the days of Lot. They had opportunity, UNTIL it rained fire and brimstone.

The opportunity is lost once you are dead. There is no OTHER life to be had to repent, for this flesh is all you get.
1. It's a circular argument to claim that for those in the days of Lot and those in the flood their "opportunity" is lost. That is what we are debating in the first place.

2. Something is a bit akilter in your analogy, since for these two groups the judgment came while they were physically alive but after they were spiritually dead in trespasses and sins.

Quote:
And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die ONCE and after this comes judgment, so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of MANY, will appear a second time for salvation without sin, to THOSE who eagerly await Him.

How many times??????
Where did I say men die more than once? And judgment is already upon the household of faith, so perhaps they have already died per this verse. Is it right to just assume this speaks of physical death?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 08:11 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,471,008 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
Wow, that is really good!
But we are not talking English here. We are talking Greek.

Lost= Strong's G622 ἀπόλλυμι apollymi

1) to destroy
a) to put out of the way entirely, abolish, put an end to ruin
b) render useless
c) to kill
d) to declare that one must be put to death
e) metaph. to devote or give over to eternal misery in hell
f) to perish, to be lost, ruined, destroyed
2) to destroy
a) to lose

So, IOW, these are the ones who being prepared for destruction, are called forth by the Son of God. His Sheep hear His Voice. They follow Him, where-ever He goes.

The goats, the tares, the bad fruit,,,are all destroyed. Abolished. Put out of the way. Rendered useless. Killed. Declared dead. Perished. Lost. Ruined.

GONE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 08:14 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,471,008 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You never responded to any of my answers highlighted in blue . You claim you sought and found God , which is contrary to scripture i quoted .
You cannot accept that God cannot accomplish His will of saving all , purely because you believe it depends on him that wills and runs , rather than on Him who shows mercy.

As for calling me an hypocrite , you are fighting with all your might to prove that God is not only willing but able to accomplish His will , which is nothing short of which Verna is doing . I stand by my comment.

You can fight me as much as you won't . God will have all men to be saved , you can spin this any way you want , it will not change a thing.
Sorry, I don't respond to "No you won't"s.

God's will was found in Jesus. That is as FAR as the will goes. The rest is left completely up to us to follow. If all, then great. If not all, then not so great. Either way, His Will be done, on EARTH, as it IS in heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 08:25 PM
 
697 posts, read 913,378 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

So, IOW, these are the ones who being prepared for destruction, are called forth by the Son of God. His Sheep hear His Voice. They follow Him, where-ever He goes.

The goats, the tares, the bad fruit,,,are all destroyed. Abolished. Put out of the way. Rendered useless. Killed. Declared dead. Perished. Lost. Ruined.

GONE!

What does IOW mean?

Anyway, I am open to the idea that there could be some scenario in which a soul could be destroyed. It is not incompatible with my reading of the Bible. Like you, I don't believe in a literal hell.

Where we differ, I think, is in our definition of goats, tares, and bad fruit. I think really aren't any, not really, even though the scenario is certainly presented, and you think there are a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top