U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 08:23 PM

697 posts, read 913,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Absolutely!

The goats, tares and bad fruit that is within ME.... yep... on the wide path to destruction.

This is GOOD news. GREAT news!

And I'm not about to fool myself in thinking that I don't have goats and tares and bad fruit inside. It's there all right. And God is the one DESTROYING all those things. Do you know why? Because I am His child and HE is a GOOD FATHER. He is doing this for ALL of us.

peace,
sparrow
That is a really good way to look at it sparrow, thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 10:17 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,472,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
That is a really good way to look at it sparrow, thank you!
But it is the wrong way to look at it.

So, how does one become a goat and sheep together? You are either one or the other, not both at the same time.

Talk about pulling a rabbit out of the hat.

So, picture this in your mind.

You stand in front of God the Father.

You stand condemned, a sinner.

But, God is going blast you with the Consuming Fire, to purify you, and all the little goats go running from your being, into where-ever, leaving only the little sheep left??

Sounds a little reaching.....

Jesus tells the goats to depart form Him. So, they can hear Him? So each little sin whoo you are calliing goats can have seperate personalities?

Again, sounds reaching.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

But, God is going blast you with the Consuming Fire, to purify you, and all the little goats go running from your being, into where-ever, leaving only the little sheep left??

Um, yeah, actually.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
Um, yeah, actually.
LOL, ok.

If it sounds good to you then, so be it.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
LOL, ok.

If it sounds good to you then, so be it.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me.
That's ok!

Old 07-16-2010, 11:05 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,491,854 times
Quote:
But it is the wrong way to look at it.

So, how does one become a goat and sheep together? You are either one or the other, not both at the same time.

Talk about pulling a rabbit out of the hat.

So, picture this in your mind.

Sounds a little reaching.....

Jesus tells the goats to depart form Him. So, they can hear Him? So each little sin whoo you are calliing goats can have seperate personalities?

Again, sounds reaching.
That's pretty much what happened to Saul/Paul. He saw the light; it ran into him full force. I'm sure it wasn't a pleasant experience.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:32 AM

6,913 posts, read 4,234,125 times
Hotin,

still waiting to see why you beleive apollumi means something different after death than while living.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
That's pretty much what happened to Saul/Paul. He saw the light; it ran into him full force. I'm sure it wasn't a pleasant experience.
Saul was quite AWARE of what was happening while it took place. Jesus revealed Himself to Saul. Saul had every choice to walk away if he so choosed to. But Saul did love God. It was why he was chosen. Once he understood the mysteries concerning Jesus he accepted Jesus completely.

But like most Pharisees of the day, they knew the law, but didn't understand it. Like most Christians today, they read the book, but lack understanding. They don't let the Spirit lead.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Hotin,

still waiting to see why you beleive apollumi means something different after death than while living.
I believe it means prepared or preparing for destruction. Like the act of, or the process of destruction.

This is why we MUST be born again of the Spirit before entering the Kingdom of Heaven. Transformed, made into a 'new creation'.

ALL men are prepared for destruction. This is the punishment that befell Adam being removed from the 'garden' and his offspring. We shall SURELY DIE.

Only through Christ can we attain life, the TOL, and that is only through His Life.

When a person 'dies' physically having never received the promise, they are dead.
When a person 'dies' physicaly having received the promise, they are alive, and never 'taste' death. Though their body returns to the dust, their spirit goes to God. There is no death 'process'. There is no lingering in the grave. It is life, unto Life.

This is why what Jesus did was so remarkable. He DIED, taking the punishment of death for those who are His. The second man, who should have never died, died. He took the humilitation, punishment, and was crushed by the Father unto death,,for you and me and the world.

But, there is only 1 condition. You must be HIS, and be found IN Him. There is NO OTHER WAY into His Kingdom.

Otherwise, the destruction you were prepared for becomes a reality, and you die. Not just in this vessel we call bodies, but also the energy called the spirit. Fear Him, who is able to kill not only the body, but the soul. It is removed from existence, by the One who created it.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:08 AM

6,913 posts, read 4,234,125 times
Quote:
I believe it means prepared or preparing for destruction. Like the act of, or the process of destruction.

Apollumi does not mean being prepared for destruction, katartizo/fitted is. Read post 60

Even the definition you used does not support apollumi meaning being prepared.

Quote:
This is why we MUST be born again of the Spirit before entering the Kingdom of Heaven. Transformed, made into a 'new creation'.

I agree we must be transformed in order to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Quote:
ALL men are prepared for destruction. This is the punishment that befell Adam being removed from the 'garden' and his offspring. We shall SURELY DIE.

Again I agree for the most part, but being prepared for destruction is katartizo/fitted not apollumi.

Quote:
Only through Christ can we attain life, the TOL, and that is only through His Life.

I agree it is only through Christ that we attain aionious life. What does TOL mean?

Quote:
When a person 'dies' physically having never received the promise, they are dead.
When a person 'dies' physicaly having received the promise, they are alive, and never 'taste' death. Though their body returns to the dust, their spirit goes to God. There is no death 'process'. There is no lingering in the grave. It is life, unto Life.

This is why what Jesus did was so remarkable. He DIED, taking the punishment of death for those who are His. The second man, who should have never died, died. He took the humilitation, punishment, and was crushed by the Father unto death,,for you and me and the world.

Jesus did not only die for those who are His, he died for ALL.

1 John 2:2
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Hotin, it was WHILE we were ENEMIES of God that Jesus died for us, He did not die for us AFTER we believed in Him but BEFORE we believed in Him.

Jesus broke down the wall of partition, making those who were NOT His people His people, giving them the same hope as Israel.

Quote:
But, there is only 1 condition. You must be HIS, and be found IN Him. There is NO OTHER WAY into His Kingdom.

I agree that we must be His and be found in Him to enter into His kingdom.

But what does it say about those without the gates of the city?

Revelation 22:14-17
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Who are these people outside the gates of the city?

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

What right do those people have that are outside the gates of the city?

They have the right to the tree of life

They have the right to enter into the city via the gates.

What gives them these rights?

The keeping of His commandments

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. 17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come.

Whom are the spirit and the bride saying come to?

Whosoever will

What do whosoever get?

And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

The water of life freely.

Who is the whosoever in reference to?
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

When does all this take place?

After the judgment of the great white throne.

These scriptures show most emphatically that WHOSOEVER will is in relation to those in DEATH and that those in DEATH still have the right to the tree of life and can enter into the gates of the city when they learn to keep His commandments.

Quote:
Otherwise, the destruction you were prepared for becomes a reality, and you die. Not just in this vessel we call bodies, but also the energy called the spirit. Fear Him, who is able to kill not only the body, but the soul. It is removed from existence, by the One who created it.

Hotin if people cease to exist after a physical death, how is it that they are raised up to stand before the great white throne?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity