U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2010, 02:51 PM
 
Location: New England
32,285 posts, read 21,136,395 times
Reputation: 2287

Advertisements

I can't believe those who believe eternal torment awaits unbelievers that they are not pleading at the very least that with their own family members and close friends , rather than arguing it out on here whether there is even such a place or not.

It seems to me what is important to them is that they believe the right thing rather than reaching out to the lost
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2010, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,493,941 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Saul was quite AWARE of what was happening while it took place. Jesus revealed Himself to Saul. Saul had every choice to walk away if he so choosed to. But Saul did love God. It was why he was chosen. Once he understood the mysteries concerning Jesus he accepted Jesus completely.

But like most Pharisees of the day, they knew the law, but didn't understand it. Like most Christians today, they read the book, but lack understanding. They don't let the Spirit lead.
I don't believe Saul could have chosen any other path than the one God CHOSE FOR HIM.

Saul did not love God. He loved following rules so he could be a winner, just like all the other Pharisees, and the rest of those Pharisees did not get hit over the head, now did they? Saul/Paul was absolutely no different than anybody else he was hanging out with. That is why he wished himself cursed for his brethren. He was HIT by a light that no-one else saw and he could not go back, but he KNEW that all would be well in the end.

Loving God means loving your neighbor, loving your enemies, loving like GOD LOVES! Loving, period.

What would have happened if Saul had been blinded and then said, "Nope, I'm just gonna keep on doing what I want?" God is then left standing there wringing his hands. "Dang it, now what am I going to do?" No, He uses the lost and hopeless all the time. But, not all of them.

God does what he wants when he wants and nobody can stop him. If we could stop him then we would be pretty powerful, eh?

Last edited by herefornow; 07-17-2010 at 03:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2010, 04:51 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,474,139 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I don't believe Saul could have chosen any other path than the one God CHOSE FOR HIM.

Umm, ok. So much for free will then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2010, 04:52 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,474,139 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I can't believe those who believe eternal torment awaits unbelievers that they are not pleading at the very least that with their own family members and close friends , rather than arguing it out on here whether there is even such a place or not.

It seems to me what is important to them is that they believe the right thing rather than reaching out to the lost
I can't believe people can't get straight what others believe.

Ok, here it goes for you

I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ET, NOR UR. I believe what the Bible says. The soul that sins, dies. Simple enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2010, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,493,941 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Umm, ok. So much for free will then.
Yep. So much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2010, 05:08 PM
 
1,883 posts, read 2,560,083 times
Reputation: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I can't believe people can't get straight what others believe.

Ok, here it goes for you

I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ET, NOR UR. I believe what the Bible says. The soul that sins, dies. Simple enough?

I can't believe someone gets PO'd and shouts when a post is obviously NOT directed at them.What part of those who believe in eternal torment slipped past you?If this does not describe you,then it should be obvious it isn't directed at you.

Simple enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2010, 08:31 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,474,139 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
I can't believe someone gets PO'd and shouts when a post is obviously NOT directed at them.What part of those who believe in eternal torment slipped past you?If this does not describe you,then it should be obvious it isn't directed at you.

Simple enough?
Boy Lord give me the patience.

Once you have been here a while, then you would understand. I cap when I am making a point. It isn't shouting, LIKE THIS IS!!!!!! Get it?

Simple enough????

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2010, 08:34 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,493,941 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Boy Lord give me the patience.

Once you have been here a while, then you would understand. I cap when I am making a point. It isn't shouting, LIKE THIS IS!!!!!! Get it?

Simple enough????

I cap to make a point, too, or in a long post so as to catch somebody's eye if they are just scanning for highlights. I HOPE nobody thinks I'm shouting at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2010, 08:41 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,474,139 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I cap to make a point, too, or in a long post so as to catch somebody's eye if they are just scanning for highlights. I HOPE nobody thinks I'm shouting at them.
I don't. It is just the trollers and non responders who do, looking for something to critique, instead of the message. They see caps and get all wadded up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2010, 09:00 PM
 
Location: New England
32,285 posts, read 21,136,395 times
Reputation: 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I can't believe people can't get straight what others believe.

Ok, here it goes for you

I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ET, NOR UR. I believe what the Bible says. The soul that sins, dies. Simple enough?
Hot in AZ i know you do not believe in ET,i don't believe annihilation ,just the the thought of it makes me weep .If i believed in it the way you do , i would plead 24/7 with my family and friends to accept what you believe to be the truth to keep them from it , rather than debating on here with people you do not know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top