Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 09:13 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

No one believes in Christ (places their faith in Christ) for salvation after they have died. Nor can they.

Heb. 9:27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment.

Luke 16:19-31 teaches that at death the unsaved go to the compartment of Hades known as torments.

Daniel 12:2 contrasts those who are resurrected to everlasting life and those who are resurrected to everlasting disgrace and contempt. ''And many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, those to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.'

Revelation 20:11-15 shows those unbelievers who will be resurrected out of Hades at the end of the Millennium to stand before Christ at the Great White Throne judgment only to be thrown into the lake of fire.

It is a common tactic of universalists to say 'show me a verse that says this or that,' in an attempt to refute the fact that those who die without Christ are eternally lost. There are no second chances after death.

Some will be resurrected to everlasting life BUT some WILL be resurrected to everlasting disgrace and contempt in the lake of fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 09:13 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Yes I am serious...are you serious in your belief that David wrote the Psalms for himself? They are songs of the spirit...and not made by one for himself...if I follow your inference...it would make David the most self-absorbed person in the bible...

And I'm not even UR? just leaning toward it... Gads...

Peace!
*sigh* What can I say? You proof text was less than convincing to be polite. Kinda bringin' a knife to a gun fight.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:16 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
*sigh* What can I say? You proof text was less than convincing to be polite. Kinda bringin' a knife to a gun fight.
David only brought 5 stones...and one was enough to kill Goliath...

Old 07-15-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
According to your interpretation and the interpretation of the traditions you subscribe to.

Again i will repeat what i noted above ...

The word here translated as "was preached" is "euEggelisthE" and according to the greek interlinear it should be translated as "IS preached" ...

This translation does not support your interpretation.
Gee..... I guess every other Bible scholar except the one that agrees with your doctrine is wrong.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
David only brought 5 stones...and one was enough to kill Goliath...
The sling was the gun of David's time.

I guess my analogy went over your head.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:23 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:

So what was Goliath's spear and stature? I think your own analogy went right over you head!

Old 07-15-2010, 09:30 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:

My sentiments exactly... Yep...the two edge sword...

Peace!

Old 07-15-2010, 09:31 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,753 times
Quote:
Speculation. I would never build a system of belief on what is not said in the Bible.
Neither would I.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:31 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,799,240 times
I shall have to refer to the Emphatic Diaglot before getting in over my head. I think that John 3:15 is the entire theological basis for being "born again".
All ya gotta do is declare your belief, no need to be saved by works or deeds, no need to have a Godly heart condition, just the "fast food" approach of
the simple declaration of belief. It's the main reason that there are so many recidivist prisoners in the jails of America. It's really the 7/11 of scripture,
simply an utterance and declaration of salvation that, upon making , seems to entitle the errant believer that it doesn't really matter how many sins and
transgressions one has, or how many cheeseburgers they've gulped down, it's the solitary scriptual basis for their fervent belief that they'll either be
raptured or that they'll have no problem fitting their fat butts through that narrow gate. Saved by works? That's for the true believer.

and, the dish ran away with the spoon...

Old 07-15-2010, 09:38 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,753 times
Quote:
Speculation. I would never build a system of belief on what is not said in the Bible.
You speculate that Jesus either can't or won't preach to the dead again. Since I KNOW that "All things are possible with God," I speculate that since He can preach to the dead again, he might. First of all, I certainly never built a system of belief on that, and it's silly for you to suggest that. And secondly, I would also never build a system of belief on what someone else thinks God can't or won't do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity