U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 09:35 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,177,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
In other words: If June is attractive, then don't blame her for your lust. ...

P.S. But she is always 'appropriately' dressed!
Ahhh...but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and so far my eye hasn't seen....

So it's still June's fault .....

http://http.cdnlayer.com/cf/images/smilies/onion/comeon.gif (broken link) "come on...talk is cheap, it's takes money to buy whiskey"

http://http.cdnlayer.com/cf/images/smilies/onion/asd.gif (broken link) ha, ha!

Twin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,435 posts, read 8,677,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I agree COMPLETELY! But, there are plenty of people out there who love to prey on the weak and vulnerable (children and adults), so tempting an already weak and fouled up mind with a lot of skin is probably not such a good idea. If someone were already stimulated and on edge a lot of the time and they were surrounded by half-naked people, it could be a problem. I think our society is a little too sexed up, personally. Kids at school are wearing less and less these days.

Having said that, I grew up in a school that demanded the guys cut their hair a certain way and the girls wear dresses below the knees, etc. I DO NOT want to go back to that kind of legalism. Not at all.
Good point.

BTW - I NEVER blame the buff guy running on the side of the road with sweat glistening off his upper body for causing my not-so-pure thoughts!

Can I?

We are all responsible for how we dress and the last sermon you will hear is the one on how men dress causing women to sin... Why is that?

7,813 posts, read 10,709,719 times
To anyone who truly cares, June is ALWAYS "appropriately dressed" when moderating.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:39 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,677,516 times
Quote:
To anyone truly concerned, June is ALWAYS "appropriately dressed" when moderating.

It's hot.

Speaking of what you do in your own home (and appropriately dressed people), I heard there was a guy who got outta bed (slept naked and during the day), made coffee, grabbed a cup and stood in front of his picture window. A woman and her child walked by... Well he was naked and she called the police.

Whatever you wear... close the blinds.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:47 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,493,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Good point.

BTW - I NEVER blame the buff guy running on the side of the road with sweat glistening off his upper body for causing my not-so-pure thoughts!

Can I?

We are all responsible for how we dress and the last sermon you will hear is the one on how men dress causing women to sin... Why is that?
I hear men are more visually stimulated. I dunno. Probably because we have men preachers, or because men can't be blamed for looking good. Just women. It's always those danged wily women.

Quote:
To anyone who truly cares, June is ALWAYS "appropriately dressed" when moderating.

Whew! Wiping sweat from brow.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:55 PM

Default June: Your Always (Appropriately) Covered Up Heathen:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

So it's still June's fault .....

Twin, give June a break! She's clad, head to toe, totally covered up, in her "moderator nightie" comprised of: a turtle neck, long johns, with a full length flannel night gown over that, which includes ankle booties, all encased in a full length fleece robe! --And we're having a heatwave up here in the northeast, so at least give good ole "just June" a few "atheist brownie points" for her demure demeanor and pure spirit!

~Yeah, right!

Old 07-15-2010, 10:23 PM

30,707 posts, read 33,507,042 times
I've been subject to this kind of "it's your fault" thinking before and it's not fun, especially when you are a young attractive teen. Today, any man who suggests such a thing would get an ear full, and maybe just for kicks an EYE FULL, from me.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:26 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,772,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Seriously though...
The whole thought process is not a good one.
It leads to the kind of thinking that has people blaming rape victims for getting raped. (based on their dress, or their occupation, or what have you.) It's just not a good road to go down.

Now personally for me, I will say there is nothing wrong with talking about modesty and modest dress, etc. But NOT when it's prefaced with "you are causing men to sin". NO. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.
I agree. I dress modestly, but men are responsible for their own sin. They should do a video about how men shouldn't do housework in the presence of a woman who is not his wife. That could wreak all kinds of havoc!

Old 07-15-2010, 10:27 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,577,152 times
Quote:
Twin, give June a break! She's clad, head to toe, totally covered up, in her "moderator nightie" comprised of: a turtle neck, long johns, with a full length flannel night gown over that, which includes ankle booties, all encased in a full length fleece robe! --And we're having a heatwave up here in the northeast, so at least give good ole "just June" a few "atheist brownie points" for her demure demeanor and pure spirit!

~Yeah, right!
See what I mean...the poor unsuspecting victims...

Old 07-15-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
See what I mean...the poor unsuspecting victims...
--And the nightcap!

Did June forget to mention the nightcap!?

Oh, such a temptress sinner am I!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or