Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:52 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times

Advertisements

Jesus said go forth and multiply....so get real with this sin buisness attached to being moved by a womens figure or dress.
What are you people thinking anyway..? God didn't make the sexy componants or something?

Most healthy men like young women....16-25....after that age theres no point in looking.
So for most of the female population theres really nothing to get in a huff about !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 07:54 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post

I suspected...June had orchestrated this domino effect...so I back-tracked a few pages...sure nough...

We may make a joke...but it's too real for most women in the middle east. Have you read "Not Without My Daughter"...I was
No - but I saw the movie in the theatres when it came out. I was only a teenager but I was crying so hard that people were looking at me! Actually, that happens to me a lot...

Time to go to rehearsal - I need to find a trash bag that I can dance in...
Oh - and can't forget the breathing holes!

Old 07-16-2010, 08:04 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Jesus said go forth and multiply....so get real with this sin buisness attached to being moved by a womens figure or dress.
What are you people thinking anyway..? God didn't make the sexy componants or something?

Most healthy men like young women....16-25....after that age theres no point in looking.
So for most of the female population theres really nothing to get in a huff about !
Excuse me!!! Well, I guess, since I'm 34 now, I should just stop trying to dress nice or wear makeup or do my hair since I obviously turned hideous on my 26th bday!!!

Old 07-16-2010, 08:57 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,976 times
Guess it is time for this story once again.

I grew up in a Pentecostal Holiness Church. I actually started going there when things were much milder. Anyway, each year our church held their annual beach picnic on the weekend of our annual Carnival (the island of St. Thomas shuts down) because we were told that we had to separate ourselves from those sinners. Now, because the church was obsessed with what women wear or what they did not wear, the females were reminded the week before that NO bathing suits were allowed because, well, "they caused men to sin."

So here was the solution. The women were instructed to wear big t-shirts and an optional skirt beneath it or they could wear dresses to go into the water. Now at this point, I would like ALL of you to take a moment to get a visual of church women coming out of the water in wet t-shirts and dresses and then reflect for another moment on the complete ASSNESS (yes, we use that word back home) of the situation as it creates something completely PLEASINGINLY counter-productive!

The funny thing was, some of the younger girls, in protest, would go to the far end of the beach and wear bikinis instead. The guys who knew they were over there would barely pay attention to them because the ones in the church sanctioned wear got all of it AND the attention too.

Last edited by InsaneInDaMembrane; 07-16-2010 at 09:10 AM..

Old 07-16-2010, 12:05 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airō View Post
Although this message is one that would usually be given from the older, wiser women of the church, this pastor stepped in and addressed the issue of immodest dress of women in the church. Far from legalism, he addresses the church in a biblical and loving way with great humility. This is a must listen for women and men to examine themselves.

YouTube - Ladies, Does How You Dress Cause Men to Lust? - Al Martin (Spanish Captions)

Men lust no matter what women wear.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:08 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,788,118 times
Generally speaking, I do think women are very immodest nowadays. However, that does not "cause" a man to sin. It does expose him to something that may cause him to lust - but if he follows through, then it is his own responsibility.

I'm amazed at what I see in public nowadays....whatever happened to feminine modesty?

No I don't think women need to wear veils or anything that covers them like a sheet, but back in the day, women dressed well and conducted themselves like LADIES.

A woman doesn't have to expose herself, to be attractive.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:01 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Commentary:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
See what you just "MADE" me do???!!!
Response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
To anyone who truly cares, June is ALWAYS "appropriately dressed" when moderating.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:51 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,208,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Excuse me!!! Well, I guess, since I'm 34 now, I should just stop trying to dress nice or wear makeup or do my hair since I obviously turned hideous on my 26th bday!!!
Hot is hot, age is not an issue.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:14 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:

Quote:
No - but I saw the movie in the theatres when it came out. I was only a teenager but I was crying so hard that people were looking at me! Actually, that happens to me a lot...

Time to go to rehearsal - I need to find a trash bag that I can dance in...
Oh - and can't forget the breathing holes!
You and me both......LOL!

Quote:
...Forgive him for he knows not what he's saying...just wait when and if he sees you...you're at your prime!

Talk about someone eating his own words...hmmmm...

Old 07-16-2010, 11:21 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:

Hmmm. I'm 35. My husband, a very healthy manly man, strongly disagrees with you. He'd like to meet you out back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity