U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 11:35 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,572,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Hmmm. I'm 35. My husband, a very healthy manly man, strongly disagrees with you. He'd like to meet you out back.
Tell him my friend...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 01:52 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,906,280 times
The story in post #44 I told got me to thinking about something else. These views, wrapped up in religion, plays on the complete false and misguided ideas that women are somehow LESS sexual than men or that sex is less important to them than men or that for some reason, they just don't think about it like men do. I say this because at those same beach picnics, us guys were allowed to prance around in swimming shorts and go topless. Were we to believe that there were NO women lusting at some of the men?

Women will often tell you that they lust just as much or think about sex just as much with the key difference being that they can do a better job of hiding it without all the overt ogling that men are more likely to do. Okay, they may not go ga ga over every guy at the beach or in a gym, but they might set their sights on one or two and ALREADY know in their minds who can "get it" and who won't. Men just think that EVERY woman wants them as my girlfriend likes to point out.

I personally believe men are scared of women's sexuality. They know it is often THEIR weakness and the very thing women can use to manipulate them and use as leverage. As a result, over the ages, men have tried to neutralize this power with one asinine rule after another that either places the woman in a personal prison (like the Muslim women I see around Central Park here in the city in 103 degree heat wearing ALL black from head to toe while their partners are in t-shirts and shorts) or keeps them lost in times long past. So, since men supposedly can't discipline themselves, make the woman pay for it is often the thinking!

Old 07-17-2010, 01:54 AM

3,448 posts, read 2,677,910 times
Quote:
Hmmm. I'm 35. My husband, a very healthy manly man, strongly disagrees with you. He'd like to meet you out back.
whats out back...? Duh,

Old 07-17-2010, 02:14 AM

229 posts, read 286,843 times
My own personal opinion, what a highly offensive thread, if a man can't keep it in his pants, then why is it always the woman's fault, what it implies is that if a woman gets raped, it's her fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
The reality of the situation as June sees it is this: The video is decisively misogynous, as it places the full extent of blame on the ways in which women dress. While June is hardly one to condone women dressing provocatively in places such as a church where one would hopefully know better out of respect, along with knowing the customs of what is "appropriate dress" or not, there still remains a very biased message to the video.

The reality, as June sees it, is this: A very attractive woman can be dressed appropriately, but her "attractiveness" will still attract the eye of most men. June has the feeling that "a pretty girl is a pretty girl" no matter how she is dressed. Men notice. Period. As such, why are women the exclusive focus of a religious message that in truth, should in all likelihood be directed towards men?

In other words: If June is attractive, then don't blame her for your lust. Address those issues as a Christian man, yourself.

Please note, for the record: June is neither a Christian woman, or a woman who is saying that men lust over her. (Well, maybe some do...But June wouldn't know that directly at the moment!) "Just June" is a modest "just June." When she needs to be.

P.S. But she is always 'appropriately' dressed!

Take gentle misogynous care.
I haven't seen the video, but if you say it's the byproduct of a misogynistic mind then I'll take your word for it, you don't make sweeping statements without a good reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Jesus said go forth and multiply....so get real with this sin business attached to being moved by a woman's figure or dress.
What are you people thinking anyway..? God didn't make the sexy components or something?

Most healthy men like young women....16-25....after that age there's no point in looking.
So for most of the female population there's really nothing to get in a huff about !
I've never been attractive anyway, even as a young woman, I'm over 40 now, but what you've posted is highly offensive and typical of the mindset of so many men these days, always lusting after a sexy young thing, even although you may be no oil painting yourself, wrinkled to hell and with a pot belly to boot (and people wonder why the divorce rate is so high, as a person is judged solely on their looks, once that's gone there is nothing left)

One more reason I prefer animals to people, animals don't judge someone one their physical appearance, they accept people for what they are, not what they look like

And BTW even as a young woman in my 20's I would have chosen a gentlemanly much older man who wasn't good looking, to a handsome chauvinistic young man with an inflated ego the size of mount Everest that thought he was God's gift to women

Old 07-17-2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Excuse me!!! Well, I guess, since I'm 34 now, I should just stop trying to dress nice or wear makeup or do my hair since I obviously turned hideous on my 26th bday!!!
Hey its not my fault...most women loose their appeal before 25 , I was being easy on you ole gal's.

Men, being men will always say "Oh your the fairest in the land"

Wake up and smell the coffee, it isn't a little voice that beckons from the
mirror...its a b i g r e a l i t y voice.

You gal's are supposed to feel warm and virtuous with this info, I mean
just think your definitely NOT responsible for causing the boys and hardy men sinful thoughts are you..?

Of course not.

As a matter of fact, its the innocence and raw beauty of young girls that turn mens heads and it always will be.
Its the promise of untainted health from wear and tear in life that
suggests a healthy continuance in the human race....being a healthy newbie.
Nothing anyone can do about the natural attractiveness of a young women.

Kick and scream all you like, why , even dream up stories like...".better not dress too sexy as to stir up a mans frightful sinning lust". oh my !
Ah ha ha ha

For most its curtains after 23.5....just wanted to be fair about things.
Advertising generally reflects the magnet attractions. (white young male &female period) The magnet attraction is , in all choice , youth.
Given a "choice" men will "not" be distracted by older women....no way. Not even in the slightest way. Period.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:31 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,489,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Tell him my friend...

Apparently stargazzer doesn't understand that while men may like to LOOK at a younger female, they would much rather, ummm, KNOW a more experienced woman who is confident, revved up in the hormone department (30s and 40s), and ready to conquer, no matter the clothing or lack thereof.

I'm not even going to bother to respond to his latest post. Foolishness, it is.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonminnie View Post
My own personal opinion, what a highly offensive thread, if a man can't keep it in his pants, then why is it always the woman's fault, what it implies is that if a woman gets raped, it's her fault

I haven't seen the video, but if you say it's the byproduct of a misogynistic mind then I'll take your word for it, you don't make sweeping statements without a good reason

I've never been attractive anyway, even as a young woman, I'm over 40 now, but what you've posted is highly offensive and typical of the mindset of so many men these days, always lusting after a sexy young thing, even although you may be no oil painting yourself, wrinkled to hell and with a pot belly to boot (and people wonder why the divorce rate is so high, as a person is judged solely on their looks, once that's gone there is nothing left)

One more reason I prefer animals to people, animals don't judge someone one their physical appearance, they accept people for what they are, not what they look like

And BTW even as a young woman in my 20's I would have chosen a gentlemanly much older man who wasn't good looking, to a handsome chauvinistic young man with an inflated ego the size of mount Everest that thought he was God's gift to women
I'm touched by the humbleness in this posting. In many ways it is an attractive feature missing in the contemporary society we endure.
Yes , life is only persevered with courage, the courage to face truth. Theres more to a human being than the suggested involvement in the onset of this thread.
That being of course the query..."are you causing men to sin"

Ive argued, well how could you , unless between the ages of 16-23.5

Theres nothing self telling about that arguemet is there? its simply fact.

Yet.....it would seem almost impossible "not" to take a personal shot at me....!
Thats ok....fire away, Ive gotta get some beauty sleep...hoping for a good 10hrs tonight !

Old 07-17-2010, 02:42 AM

229 posts, read 286,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
I'm touched by the humbleness in this posting. In many ways it is an attractive feature missing in the contemporary society we endure.
Yes , life is only persevered with courage, the courage to face truth. Theres more to a human being than the suggested involvement in the onset of this thread.
That being of course the query..."are you causing men to sin"

Ive argued, well how could you , unless between the ages of 16-23.5

Theres nothing self telling about that arguemet is there? its simply fact.

Yet.....it would seem almost impossible "not" to take a personal shot at me....!
Thats ok....fire away, Ive gotta get some beauty sleep...hoping for a good 10hrs tonight !
As to your post about what you or others think about my post, my answer to you is the same as Rhett Butler to Scarlett O Hara in "Gone with the wind"

Quite frankly, I just don't give a damn!!!!!

As you said I've never caused a man to lust, Imagine that

I'm sure when you wake up after your beauty sleep, you'll be of the same opinion still

Good luck to you, in hoping to find a woman who will stay 23.5 years or younger, hey I supposed we all have to have dreams, even although they may totally be divorced from reality

Old 07-17-2010, 02:45 AM

13,856 posts, read 22,958,982 times
I think you have to take some responsibility for your own actions. When Jesus discussed lust he said "I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." So far as I can tell he said nothing there on how the woman dressed.

Although I somewhat believe in modest dress (as a choice) I dislike this idea, in non-Christian culture too, that men are weak lustful idiots. Also I think a study said that many men find long flowing dresses kind of sexy on a woman and Paul opposed women showing their hair as their culture deemed showing hair to be sexy. So should women go to church in a suit and hat? (Some men find women sexy in male suits, but ya know best I could think of) And what of the other side on modesty? Shouldn't men be admonished to avoid wearing tight pants or anything that accentuates their shoulders as women are reportedly attracted by rumps and broad shoulders? Also we should perhaps speak in high-voices or falsetto in churches as I believe a high percentage of women see a deep voice as sexy. (Although I'm basically joking if a church or religion was equal on this I could respect that. Like I think I read of a Muslim tribe in Africa where both the men and the women wear veils. Also I remember them saying during the Olympics there was like some country that did not show the diving events or something because they see it as immodest for men to be topless.)

Old 07-17-2010, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Apparently stargazzer doesn't understand that while men may like to LOOK at a younger female, they would much rather, ummm, KNOW a more experienced woman who is confident, revved up in the hormone department (30s and 40s), and ready to conquer, no matter the clothing or lack thereof.

I'm not even going to bother to respond to his latest post. Foolishness, it is.
My goodness , was just about to call it a day and read above interesting and fun post.

A leap forward ?

The exposure of high end young dream girls virtually every where from magazines to television, are stirring the pot.......

Don't kid yourself.

As society may suggest whats required , settlement forwards consolation.

Settlement.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or