U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 06:50 AM

8,830 posts, read 10,016,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I can't understand why some people think it is only MEN that are "visually stimulated". Or is that just to appease the fragile male ego, so that they don't think "their" woman might be turned on by a buff, muscular, sexy young man?
Sorry, guys, but this is a total myth. Women are VERY "visual", too. Nothing "sinful" about it, unless you choose it to be. For the most part, women are usually better able to control their sexual urges, but not as a rule.
That's exactly right!! Men are not the only ones who are "visual" and it's up to the individual to not turn what they see as pleasing into some sort of sexual sin. Why is that so stinking hard? Just enjoy the view!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 07:02 AM

13,856 posts, read 22,979,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I can't understand why some people think it is only MEN that are "visually stimulated". Or is that just to appease the fragile male ego, so that they don't think "their" woman might be turned on by a buff, muscular, sexy young man?
Sorry, guys, but this is a total myth. Women are VERY "visual", too. Nothing "sinful" about it, unless you choose it to be. For the most part, women are usually better able to control their sexual urges, but not as a rule.
I think I had a post where I did mention something on this. About how, by the logic used here, men shouldn't where tight pants or whatever.

Still I think there are studies that indicate women really are less visual in their attractions. (Although glutes/buttocks is an appearance attractant to women) Does this mean women don't lust or lust over superficial qualities? Not at all. However I think women are said to be attracted more by smell and signs of outward success. Things I've heard from women in different shows, and in real life, is the kind of shoes a guy wears can be attractive. So men should wear bland shoes, avoid anything that highlights the butt-area, and avoid smelling good when in church. (Not saying they should stink, just use some bland smelling non-deodorant soap or something) As well as my earlier ideas of avoiding should pads or tight pants.

(I should be okay as I never wear any cologne or after-shave, can't wear shoes due to deformed feet, and wear rather bland clothing in general)

Old 07-20-2010, 07:09 AM

848 posts, read 1,681,102 times
Mandating, dictating, or "suggesting" clothing for women is simply another tool of control for organized religion and a pathetic attempt to blame women for mens character weakness.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:24 AM

16,300 posts, read 24,972,538 times
So let's see if I have this straight.

According to your Moderator cut: deleted, your god created women as man's companion. He also, according to Moderator cut: deleted had a lot of design input, i.e. to cause an attraction by the man I assume.

So when the design works, i.e. the man appreciates what he sees when looking at a woman, then it is a sin.

Yea, that makes sense, well at least as much sense as anything about living life based on Moderator cut: deleted does.

Last edited by june 7th; 07-20-2010 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: It's the Christianity subforum....

Old 07-20-2010, 08:14 AM

25,393 posts, read 30,754,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Hollow View Post
Mandating, dictating, or "suggesting" clothing for women is simply another tool of control for organized religion and a pathetic attempt to blame women for mens character weakness.
Yup. The devil made me do it. It's not MY fault.

I don't care if a woman goes to the store naked. It's up to men to figure out how to control their urges. I find it funny that my OB/GYN has no issue with this and he sees parts of women you'd never see in public. How DOES he manage?

Old 07-20-2010, 04:23 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,576,196 times
Default The fall blamed on the woman!

Quote:
It has always been so!
Genesis 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom thou (GOD) gavest to be with me...she gave me of the tree, and I did eat...

Not only that Adam blamed the woman for his fall, he also blamed GOD for giving him her...

Old 07-20-2010, 04:41 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,675,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
It has always been so!
Genesis 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom thou (GOD) gavest to be with me...she gave me of the tree, and I did eat...

Not only that Adam blamed the woman for his fall, he also blamed GOD for giving him her...
I believe he was supposed to tell the woman the rules but conveniently forgot..

Old 07-20-2010, 04:49 PM

848 posts, read 1,681,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
It has always been so!

I wouldn't rely on a manipulated book of fiction as my life's blueprint. But that's just me.......

Old 07-20-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't rely on a manipulated book of fiction as my life's blueprint. But that's just me.......
To each his own...as the saying goes...?

Old 07-20-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I believe he was supposed to tell the woman the rules but conveniently forgot..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or