Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 10:39 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Men would lust after a girl in a snowsuit covered in a burlap sack. JMO
Lol. I've shared many times about going to a 'holiness pentecostal' school when I was 16. Dresses down to the shoes and sleeves down to the wrists etc.

Us guys had to spend about 3 times as much time trying to figure out exactly what was going on under there - so it just made the 'problem' worse.

Lust is in the mind of the be-luster.

Think about the African tribes which go topless, and because they do - a peek at the breast means nothing. Here in the states its a big deal because it's forbidden in public. See how that works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Should I just wear a trash bag over my entire face and body? Would that be better???
Sounds like you should. Saaaaave us by doing this!!! Please! (don't forget to cut some breathing holes so you won't die. Maybe on the top of the head so not too much beauty will get through and you won't "cause" us guys to sin).

Old 07-15-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

Just keep your nipples and your butt crack to yourself.
No problem. I ALWAYS do that!

Old 07-15-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

~And all June wants to know is whether it's okay that she's sitting here moderating this thread in short shorts and a tank top!
See what you just "MADE" me do???!!!

Old 07-15-2010, 10:49 PM

839 posts, read 2,416,157 times
I've come to a certain understanding in my life:

I am a man. I will make no apologies for being a man.

I have news for this whack job pastor, men think about sex constantly from the day we hit puberty until the day we die. It doesn't matter what a woman wears or doesn't wear. If a guy can't see a woman's body, he'll just imagine it in his mind.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I think our society is a little too sexed up, personally.
Agreed. I don't think it's becoming for humans to act like dogs. Not good for individuals - not good for society.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I've been subject to this kind of "it's your fault" thinking before and it's not fun, especially when you are a young attractive teen. Today, any man who suggests such a thing would get an ear full, and maybe just for kicks an EYE FULL, from me.
Or maybe just a powerful kick to the crotch. Then look innocent and explain: "I'm just helping you not to lust too much"

Old 07-15-2010, 10:58 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I agree. I dress modestly, but men are responsible for their own sin. They should do a video about how men shouldn't do housework in the presence of a woman who is not his wife. That could wreak all kinds of havoc!
Or mow the lawn... and take care of the kids.... Just saying.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:32 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Burqua: Too extreme.

Running around practically naked: Too extreme.

Just keep your nipples and your butt crack to yourself.

Other than that........Shrug.

I suspected...June had orchestrated this domino effect...so I back-tracked a few pages...sure nough...

We may make a joke...but it's too real for most women in the middle east. Have you read "Not Without My Daughter"...I was

Old 07-16-2010, 12:38 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post

I suspected...June had orchestrated this domino effect...so I back-tracked a few pages...sure nough...

We may make a joke...but it's too real for most women in the middle east. Have you read "Not Without My Daughter"...I was
I've heard of the book, but haven't read it. I try to stay away from anything that gets me too riled up these days. Taking a break from the heartache, confusion, and madness I guess you could say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity