Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 01:42 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
a recent post by Ironmaw1776, making the observation that the word "hate" was used in reference to "workers of iniquity" only in OT writings, not in the NT, sparked a thought in me: is it true that the NT scriptures never mention hate towards sinners?

Here's what I found out (KJV used below):

1) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
2) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
3) No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
4) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
5) Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
6) And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
7) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
8) That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
9) Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
10) But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
11) If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
12) No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
13) But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
14) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
15) For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
16) The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
17) He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
18) If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19) If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20) He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
21) If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
22) But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
23) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
24) Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
25) For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
26) As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
27) For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
28) For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
29) Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
30) He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
31) But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
32) Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
33) Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
34) If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
35) But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.
36) So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.
37) And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the *****, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
38) And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

So there it is. No scripture in the NT which tells us that God hates sinners. Nor that we should hate them, either.

More lies from the ET pulpit...

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 03:08 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
It's rebelliion born through jealousy that God loves sinners . They will deny it to death , but their faith is not in Jesus , but in doctrine(which they call sound) and their own self righteousness , this is why they are aghast that God loves sinners , how can He love someone who does not believe all the right doctrine and not earn His love by believing like me .

If their light be dark how great is their darkness.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:58 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi all,
a recent post by Ironmaw1776, making the observation that the word "hate" was used in reference to "workers of iniquity" only in OT writings, not in the NT, sparked a thought in me: is it true that the NT scriptures never mention hate towards sinners?

Here's what I found out (KJV used below):

1) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
2) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
3) No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
4) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
5) Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
6) And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
7) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
8) That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
9) Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
10) But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
11) If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
12) No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
13) But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
14) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
15) For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
16) The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
17) He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
18) If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19) If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20) He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
21) If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
22) But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
23) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
24) Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
25) For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
26) As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
27) For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
28) For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
29) Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
30) He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
31) But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
32) Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
33) Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
34) If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
35) But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.
36) So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.
37) And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the *****, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
38) And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

So there it is. No scripture in the NT which tells us that God hates sinners. Nor that we should hate them, either.

More lies from the ET pulpit...

Blessings,
brian
Not true. The Bible, and Christians clearly teach that God loves everyone, but hates sin. However, according to God's own rules sin cannot go unpunished.

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him," (John 3:36).

God is not a liar, so he WILL do as he says.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:07 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
God is not a liar, so he WILL do as he says.
except of course save the whole world

Old 07-16-2010, 09:24 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
No, LOVE the world, and save those who believe.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
lol and who is it that beleives?

EVERY knee bowing

Old 07-16-2010, 09:29 AM

23,010 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
He never said the whole world would be saved

Old 07-16-2010, 09:39 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
He never said the whole world would be saved
Is Confessing Jesus as Lord something you want people to do and is it a trustworthy thing to do?

Old 07-16-2010, 09:40 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Amen,

Confessing Jesus as Lord is trustworthy to do.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:42 AM

1 John 2:2
[LEFT]2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
[/LEFT]
John 1:29
29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John 4:42
[LEFT]42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.
[/LEFT]
John 6:33
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

John 6:51
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Last edited by june 7th; 07-16-2010 at 11:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity