Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 03:23 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Yes, that's what JESUS HIMSELF TEACHES! Yet, it's okay to UR'll, who's teachings bypasses JESUS HIMSELF!!

Yesss.....the pot is indeed black.
Jesus spoke in parables, yet fundamentalists interpret his words literally. And it has been proven time and again the aion and aionios at least do not necessarily always mean everlasting(and in my understanding never do).

Who believes evil is everlasting and who believes it will cease to exist? Who believes the power of evil is greater than the power of Good to influence creation? Who believes Satan will have a greater victory in deceiving the world than Christ will in saving it?

What are the fruits of the leaders of the church who taught ET, but imprisoning others who disagreed with their teachings and tortured and murdered them, burning them alive? What are the fruits of them but war in the name of Christ?

If you ask me, fundamentalists misunderstand Jesus teachings just like the pharisees did, because of the hardness of their hearts and because they are blinded by the veil of the old testament ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 07-20-2010 at 03:31 PM..

Old 07-20-2010, 03:24 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
But Jesus Himself did, how many times? How much is YOUR enough?
In Mt. 5.21-22, Jesus used Gehenna (translated Hell) for the first time in inspired speech:

"Don't you know that hell is just something the Catholic Church invented to scare people into obedience?"

I was righteously indignant when, a number of years ago, a caller uttered these words on a call-in radio show I was conducting. Perturbed by his haphazard use of Scripture, I pointed out to him and the audience, that hell couldn't possibly be something invented by Catholic theologians because Jesus talked about it. I forcefully read some of the passages where Jesus did, and concluded that hell couldn't possibly be the invention of an apostate church.

The above from Jesus' Teaching on Hell

Jesus spoke of hell (Gehenna 12 times), and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE TIMES he was speaking to the JEWS about a future, 70 A.D. judgment!!!!!

Hell translated from:

Gehenna: 12 times
Hades: 10 times (the translators should NEVER have brought Greek mythology into the scriptures. I would go with Sheol (grave), the Hebrew word for unseen and the place where Job wanted to get away from God)
Tartarus: ONCE!
Sheol: 31 times

Old 07-20-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Just admit it.....JESUS SAVES! AND, He SAVE us from something. AND, that "something" has a name. And, it's name is HELL! Eternal separation from His presence....PERIOD!!
Betsey, Jesus RESURRECTED! He saved us from DEATH!!!

Doesn't that mean ANYTHING to you???

We are without HOPE if he did not RISE!

Last edited by herefornow; 07-20-2010 at 03:37 PM..

Old 07-20-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Yes, that's what JESUS HIMSELF TEACHES! Yet, it's okay to UR'll, who's teachings bypasses JESUS HIMSELF!!

Yesss.....the pot is indeed black.

The wages of Sin is death, not hell ... We are saved from sin and death, not everlasting torment. If the wages of sin was everlasting torment in eternal hell, i am pretty sure that is what the scriptures would have said.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:44 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
There is a way you can find out.....if JESUS really means what He says! How you say? Just keep it up, just keep on telling people that Hells not real! You'll find out for sure! Careful.....

Old 07-20-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
There is a way you can find out.....if JESUS really means what He says! How you say? Just keep it up, just keep on telling people that Hells not real! You'll find out for sure! Careful.....
Please Betsy, your warnings are empty threats and vain imaginings ... Hollow words ...

I prayed to God about the meaning of hell and why he would allow most of his creation to be tormented for ever for many months ... I Prayed and asked God because the fundamentalist traditions and teachings of men, such as the one to which you subscribe, had no answer ...

After many months of tears and prayer, God finally led me to the truth of UR, and since then i have had the peace that surpasses all understanding and all the fear and loss and hate i had been feeling for so many years washed away.

I rejoice in the living God, who is the savior of all people. Death and Hell will have no victory, not even over one person. Death and hell will lose their sting for ever ... One day you and everyone else will come to understand this.

If i am wrong so be it ... In my heart i know that i would rather err on the side of compassion and mercy and love, than on the side of wrath and fear and hate ...

Selah ...

Old 07-20-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:

You be careful as well. Following men instead of studying and rightly dividing scripture can be hazardous to your health. Seriously.

Fearing death, fearing where you will end up, fearing where your loved ones will end up does not bring peace, love, patience, and joy into your life.

It brings anxiety, frustration, impatience, anger, hopelessness, paranoia, and more.

Check fruit often.........

And STUDY!

You were given the Holy Spirit just like any other follower of Christ out there.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:16 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Please Betsy, your warnings are empty threats and vain imaginings ... Hollow words ...

I prayed to God about the meaning of hell and why he would allow most of his creation to be tormented for ever for many months ... I Prayed and asked God because the fundamentalist traditions and teachings of men, such as the one to which you subscribe, had no answer ...

After many months of tears and prayer, God finally led me to the truth of UR, and since then i have had the peace that surpasses all understanding and all the fear and loss and hate i had been feeling for so many years washed away.

I rejoice in the living God, who is the savior of all people. Death and Hell will have no victory, not even over one person. Death and hell will lose their sting for ever ... One day you and everyone else will come to understand this.

If i am wrong so be it ... In my heart i know that i would rather err on the side of compassion and mercy and love, than on the side of wrath and fear and hate ...

Selah ...

No threats, just warnings my friend. One word of advice though (grain of salt or not,..) For everything that God does, Satan has a counterfeit!

You said: "If i am wrong so be it ... In my heart i know that i would rather err on the side of compassion and mercy and love, than on the side of wrath and fear and hate" ...

Question: Why worry about being wrong? Why worry about "erring" on the side of compassion and mercy and love, rather than on the side of wrath and fear and hate? Is there some sort of "compensation" to erring on the "compassion's" side than on the side of "wrath" and "fear"? All saved remember? There's no wrath to come according to UR'll. Why the "concern"? Or, deep down inside of you, you know there is a real cause for concern? That God's gonna reward all they DESERVE?

You need not be concern.....ALL SAVED!! Remember?

Old 07-20-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
No threats, just warnings my friend. One word of advice though (grain of salt or not,..) For everything that God does, Satan has a counterfeit!

You said: "If i am wrong so be it ... In my heart i know that i would rather err on the side of compassion and mercy and love, than on the side of wrath and fear and hate" ...

Question: Why worry about being wrong? Why worry about "erring" on the side of compassion and mercy and love, rather than on the side of wrath and fear and hate? Is there some sort of "compensation" to erring on the "compassion's" side than on the side of "wrath" and "fear"? All saved remember? There's no wrath to come according to UR'll. Why the "concern"? Or, deep down inside of you, you know there is a real cause for concern? That God's gonna reward all they DESERVE?

WHO is running this planet right now? What kind of spirit is in control?

Yes, Satan does indeed have a counterfeit. Please do some study on the Catholic church, Augustine, and the doctrine of endless torment.

It is NOT found in the Bible.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:

I am not concerned, i let go of my fear of death and hell years ago ...

However i am willing to admit that i MIGHT be wrong(unlike many here) ... Anyone who thinks that they know for certain the complete truth, has an unteachable spirit.

I believe what my conscience bears witness too ... I listen to my my heart and what i hear the spirit saying to me through my conscience and my heart. And neither my conscience or my heart agrees with torture or everlasting condemnation of anyone or anything. After all if you cant be true to yourself, then you cant be true to anyone else either ...

Jesus said it plainly, "if you do not condemn others, you will not be condemned" and "you will be judged in the manner that ye judge others", and i trust Jesus at his word ...

Ill believe and hope and pray that God has mercy on all people, and you can continue to hope and believe and pray that he will not ... We will all know the truth for certain in the end, one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity