Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 09:55 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You know, many sincere folks cannot comprehend the idea of a Loving God sending anyone to an eternal place of fire and doom. People don't like to hear about hell. Yet, it's the truth of God Himself.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it" (Matthew 7:13-14).

But I'm here to tell you that if Jesus is not your personal Savior, you are on your way to hell my friend.

He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:18)

Did you know that if you do not belong to Jesus Christ you belong to Satan? You don't have to be a card carrying Satanist to serve Satan. You don't have to be a murderer, drunkard or drug addict either. All you have to do is ignore Jesus Christ. If you don't have Jesus today, you are deceived and hell bound, though this may sound harsh, it is true friend. God loves you and wants to save you; He asks nothing in return.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

How many times have I heard someone say, "A loving God wouldn't put His creation in hell." I have news for you, friend; God doesn't put anyone in hell--their sin of unbelief puts them there! Hell was created for the devil and his angels.....

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS. (Matthew 25:41)

Men and women go to hell because they choose the devil's way and reject the Lord Jesus Christ! God is holy and cannot allow any sin into His kingdom. As a result, when people die in their sins they are forever banished from the presence of God to a place called hell.

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. (Rev. 20:10)

God does not want you in hell! Jesus came to save you from that horrible place! Don't lie and say God puts people in hell! Repent, confess, believe, get right with Jesus and you won't go there!

"As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die." (Ezekiel 33:11)

The Lord is...not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)

The Bible says that hell is never full. Friends, either you will repent from your unbelief by turning in faith to the Lord Jesus Christ; or you will burn in hell-fire for all eternity for your sins. No, this is not a popular teaching; but, it is Biblical. Regardless of whether you believe it or not, hell exists!

God does not want this to happen. You say, "But I don't believe in hell." Unbelievers are condemned already, "He that believeth not is condemned already..." (John 3:36). No need to argue about this. God said hell is real, your argument is with Him and you won't win. Won't you turn, before it too late?

Your sister in Christ Jesus

Betsey
There are quite a lot of people who are going to enter into the Kingdom of God who don't profess that Jesus is our Father or God.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:57 AM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
There are quite a lot of people who are going to enter into the Kingdom of God who don't profess that Jesus is our Father or God.
That's not what Jesus said.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:00 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
That's not what Jesus said.

Jesus never said he was God, not did he say he was our father.

He said it was not bothersome to equate him as equal to God since if you have seen him you have seen the Father, but as Well Jesus said the Father is GREATER than he.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post

He said it was not bothersome to equate him as equal to God since if you have seen him you have seen the Father, but as Well Jesus said the Father is GREATER than he.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:06 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
BHFT in purple.

See comments above. The only thing in your post that says people burn in hell for not believing is your commentary - not the bible verses.
You're opinions are just that. Why should we think your interpretation of the Bible is better than someone else's. Who appointed you chief interpreter? The way you just brush off things as non-literal seems a bit lacking in honest research. Just saying.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:16 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Quote:

Quote:

It kinda makes sense that part of UR theology denies that Jesus is God.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:16 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
Quote:
Hi Betsey,

Is Confessing Jesus as Lord a trustworthy thing to do?
Of course it is...your life as a whole, depends on it!

Old 07-16-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

It kinda makes sense that part of UR theology denies that Jesus is God.
Yes sadly it does

Old 07-16-2010, 10:19 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Yes, face palms are better than scripture. Try a few more : smack:

Jn 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Phl 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Jn 14:28 . Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

I realize that straight forward scriptural belief poses a problem to many of you hypocrites that expect me to believe straightforward scripture but that is why I said what I did that inspired your dung filled face palm.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Yes, face palms are better than scripture. Try a few more : smack:

Jn 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Phl 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Jn 14:28 . Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

I realize that straight forward scriptural belief poses a problem to many of you hypocrites that expect me to believe straightforward scripture but that is why I said what I did that inspired your dung filled face palm.
After all this time you still don't get it, Jesus was God in human form when He came to earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity