Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 09:46 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times

Advertisements

John 1:1
[ The Word Became Flesh ] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 John 1:1
[ The Word of Life ] That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I realize I'll be losing here those who deny Jesus is God....but those UR'ers who do believe Jesus is God, I ask this:

Is Hebrews 13:8 the truth? .......

Last edited by twin.spin; 07-16-2010 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: clarity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 09:48 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Amen,

Confessing Jesus as Lord is trustworthy to do.
Hey P, ET doctrine is based on one must beleive in order to be saved, we both agree with this, but what they miss is that when every knee bows everyone will believe.

The funny thing is they actually agree that all will believe and have argued for that point, but then turn around and say but thier believing wont do them any good.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
John 1:1
[ The Word Became Flesh ] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 John 1:1
[ The Word of Life ] That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I realize I'll be losing here those who deny Jesus is God....but those UR'ers who do believe Jesus is God, I ask this:

Is Hebrews 13:8 the truth? .......
yep it is true

Old 07-16-2010, 10:07 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
He never said the whole world would be saved
He said He came to save the world.

Do you think He came to save it but He just won't do it?

Old 07-16-2010, 10:20 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
He said He came to save the world.

Do you think He came to save it but He just won't do it?
Once again, yes He came to save the world, but everyone is NOT going to accept His free offer of salvation, it's not that He won't or can't, it's because some people are going to reject Him and those people will spend eternity separated from Him.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:21 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Once again, yes He came to save the world, but everyone is NOT going to accept His free offer of salvation, it's not that He won't or can't, it's because some people are going to reject Him and those people will spend eternity separated from Him.

Confessing Jesus as Lord is Trustworthy.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:

well if they are going to spend eternity seperated from HIM I guess they won't be tormented, for it is IN His presence that scripture states the torment is

Old 07-16-2010, 10:26 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Hey P, ET doctrine is based on one must beleive in order to be saved, we both agree with this, but what they miss is that when every knee bows everyone will believe.

The funny thing is they actually agree that all will believe and have argued for that point, but then turn around and say but thier believing wont do them any good.

Yes, their denial that we believe all are saved through Jesus Christ seems to cause them to argue exactly for that. Yes, indeed, all are saved through Jesus, Jesus is the only way.

They help prove thats what the bible says everyday.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:45 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
You say: "it's not that He won't or can't"

Actually, according to your words here, it is because He can't. Jesus can't save the world because some people reject Him. That is what you are saying.

Jesus came to save the world, but He just can't, because people reject Jesus.
Man gets his way and God doesn't.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:45 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
The terminology of hate has diffrent meanings; 1st the god of hate is not the Lord God the most High God,,,,,,,2nd.. hate thy neighbour comes from the laws of Moses and not from Heaven,,,,,,,,3rd.. do good to thoughs who hate you , is the words of Jesus,,,,,,,4th...words of Jesus signifing spiritual rejection of the devil or the Lords Ways,,,,,,5th.6th.7th. 8th.9th.10th,,words of Jesus that the world will hate you... 11th .. words of Jesus hate is wrong word for the understanding of the message, means if you follow their lead away from God then you can not be my disciple. for their influence must be rejected....there is NO scripture where God hates people here and he teaches to love people, hate the sin and the devil only .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity