Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 06:13 PM

365 posts, read 509,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
I choose man cause this god had ridiculous burdensome rules.
And you have free will to hate and reject God. But realise this... you are headed for the lake of fire for rejecting Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 07:18 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,424,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
I choose man cause this god had ridiculous burdensome rules.
Which rules are burdensome? Thou shalt not kill? Thou shalt not commit adultery? Thou shalt not steal? That you stand by your vows? That you not lie?

God's rules are designed to help us live peaceful lives. They aren't rules for the sake of having rules. They are good rules to live by.

So you choose man...God loves you anyway. And he loves me even when I break the rules. We are all flawed. The amazing thing is he loves us anyway.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:59 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,987,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
What if a wife refuses to obey her husband in important decisions, says she's going to do what she wants, and this is detrimental to the relationship? Would this be grounds for the husband to divorce her? If not, then how can the marriage function properly when one spouse is in constant rebellion?
Why divorce when you can just flog her in public?
Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2009/04/taliban-flog-17-year-old-girl-in-public-video/ - broken link)

Such men are like brute beasts IMO.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:35 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,440,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
And you have free will to hate and reject God. But realise this... you are headed for the lake of fire for rejecting Jesus.
And the mantra of fear marches on, ommmmmm lakes of fire... ommmmmm eternal torment... ommmmmm lakes of fire... ommmmmm eternal torment.... ommmmmm.......

fear is very effective in controlling the weak.......

Old 07-23-2010, 04:58 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,542,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Why divorce when you can just flog her in public?
Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2009/04/taliban-flog-17-year-old-girl-in-public-video/ - broken link)

Such men are like brute beasts IMO.
...funny ironic...

Old 07-25-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And the mantra of fear marches on, ommmmmm lakes of fire... ommmmmm eternal torment... ommmmmm lakes of fire... ommmmmm eternal torment.... ommmmmm.......

fear is very effective in controlling the weak.......
You should be scared because just before you are thrown into the lake of fire, you will be terrified.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
You should be scared because just before you are thrown into the lake of fire, you will be terrified.
As a kid I was probably scared of "the monster" under the bed, or in the closet, but I got over my fear of non-existent entities a long long time ago.

And for what, how Moderator cut: deleted is your belief system that a person that lives a good life, harms no one, helps many, should be tortured forever because they chose not to feed the Moderator cut: deleted some deity. Dude, that is some serious hatred, I want nothing to do with any deity that condones or practices such vindictive irrational hatred.

But thanks for vivid example of my previous statement
Quote:
"And the mantra of fear marches on, ommmmmm lakes of fire... ommmmmm eternal torment... ommmmmm lakes of fire... ommmmmm eternal torment.... ommmmmm.......

fear is very effective in controlling the weak....... "
Thanks

Last edited by june 7th; 07-25-2010 at 08:07 PM..

Old 07-25-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
As a kid I was probably scared of "the monster" under the bed, or in the closet, but I got over my fear of non-existent entities a long long time ago.

And for what, how Moderator cut: orphaned is your belief system that a person that lives a good life, harms no one, helps many, should be tortured forever because they chose not to feed theModerator cut: orphaned of some deity. Dude, that is some serious hatred, I want nothing to do with any deity that condones or practices such vindictive irrational hatred.

But thanks for vivid example of my previous statement Thanks
Are you 100% certain that a time will not come where all those who rejected Jesus will be thrown into a lake of fire?

Last edited by june 7th; 07-25-2010 at 08:08 PM..

Old 07-25-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Are you 100% certain that a time will not come where all those who rejected Jesus will be thrown into a lake of fire?
Yep

But would you answer my other questions, I'm curious, be it a morbid curiosity, how can you possibly justify that in your mind?
Quote:
how hateful and vindictive is your belief system that a person that lives a good life, harms no one, helps many, should be tortured forever because they chose not to feed the ego of your deity.

Last edited by Asheville Native; 07-25-2010 at 08:52 PM..

Old 07-25-2010, 08:21 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
Yep

But would you answer my other questions, I'm curious, how can you possibly justify that in your mind?
Asheville for an atheist or whatever you have been labelled with you are alright in my book.

But i do disagree with you that the living God is some deity who is a megalomaniac.

I kind of understand why you may believe this has His character and nature as been mis represented by the teachings of fundamental christianity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity