Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 06:30 PM

365 posts, read 511,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Please note: June is NOT looking to take this thread off topic. However, in response to the above asking whether we saw youth behave in the ways he/she describes? -YES! That is (in large part) what the 60's were all about. People were *shocked* by what was going on with the "youth culture" and believe me when I say that as societal norms and trends go, what you are witnessing now is NOTHING as compared to what was happening then!

....As good though those memories might be!

Rock on.
Why do you talk in the 3rd person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
God is the same but would his word be the same if the bible were written today? ....
I can answer your whole post with a simple answer.. YES.

The world is today the way it is because mankind slid away from God's Word to begin with.

The same Bible applies to ALL GENERATIONS and even more so today because most people have gone astray and ignore what the Bible teaches.

You have to make a choice.. be HOLY, which means separate from the world, or conform with the world. Your choice. But realise if you reject the Bible you reject Jesus.

And have you all noticed how angry certain people get when I encourage them to FOLLOW THE BIBLE COMPLETELY!

Old 07-17-2010, 06:35 PM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
I have reported your message for abuse and insults and a clear violation of forum rules. There is no need to abuse and insult someone just because they disagree with you. When you do that it exposes a really low self-esteem and insecurity in your own beliefs.

But to reply... your comments are misleading, deceptive and in error.
Who exactly did I abuse or insult?

Old 07-17-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
In college, I remember a professor using a quote that was found on a tomb stone that was thousands of years old going on about the youth of the day partying and drinking. I wish I could remember it.
That's incorrect!!! History and testimonies reveal that the youth of the past were nowhere near in lacking morals and values like the youth of today.

The Bible predicted it happening and it is happening exactly as the Bible said it would... people will become lovers of themselves, disrespect parents, become more immoral etc.

If Jesus never returns the world would one day become a world without even a single Christian and no Bibles would exist anymore.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I can answer your whole post with a simple answer.. YES.

The world is today the way it is because mankind slid away from God's Word to begin with.

The same Bible applies to ALL GENERATIONS and even more so today because most people have gone astray and ignore what the Bible teaches.

You have to make a choice.. be HOLY, which means separate from the world, or conform with the world. Your choice. But realise if you reject the Bible you reject Jesus.

And have you all noticed how angry certain people get when I encourage them to FOLLOW THE BIBLE COMPLETELY!
When you exhort people to abandon all knowledge, intelligence and reason to adhere blindly to the interpretations and mores of ancient primitive tribesmen some 4000 - 2000+ years ago . . . you should expect a lot of negative reactions . . . if not abject ridicule and dismissal.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:39 PM

354 posts, read 712,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
What if a wife refuses to obey her husband in important decisions, says she's going to do what she wants, and this is detrimental to the relationship? Would this be grounds for the husband to divorce her? If not, then how can the marriage function properly when one spouse is in constant rebellion?
Are you one of those men that has to have a woman, barefoot, pregnant and submissive?

Old 07-17-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
When you exhort people to abandon all knowledge, intelligence and reason to adhere blindly to the interpretations and mores of ancient primitive tribesmen some 4000 - 2000+ years ago . . . you should expect a lot of negative reactions . . . if not abject ridicule and dismissal.
The problems in the world began when people relied MORE on their own knowledge, intelligence and reason than on God's.

Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

The Bible is clear, yet your choice is made to abandon God for your own ways and now comes the lake of fire for those who reject God's way.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
The problems in the world began when people relied MORE on their own knowledge, intelligence and reason than on God's.

Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

The Bible is clear, yet your choice is made to abandon God for your own ways and now comes the lake of fire for those who reject God's way.
How can you possibly believe that a comparison of the "state of mind" of primitives from 800 BC or earlier to God could possibly be appropriate for a 21st century intelligent and educated populace? How can you possibly believe God gave us this remarkable capacity for intelligence and reason and then would expect us to abandon it to stagnate at the level of understanding of our primitive ancestors?

Old 07-17-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How can you possibly believe that a comparison of the "state of mind" of primitives from 800 BC or earlier to God could possibly be appropriate for a 21st century intelligent and educated populace? How can you possibly believe God gave us this remarkable capacity for intelligence and reason and then would expect us to abandon it to stagnate at the level of understanding of our primitive ancestors?
Our intelligence and reasoning ability has declined and the building of Pyramids etc have proven that. The mathematical structures of Pyramids and other locations found have shown that humans in the past were very mathematically and engineered astute. And more people were closer to God and more trusting of God in the past than of today.

When I was young we had religion classes in school, but not anymore. Why? Because people are not as clever today and that is why silly people decide to take God out of the schools.

Man made atom bombs, kill more people, put more money in weapons than into people. Does that sound like mankind is getting more intelligent to you? Or MORE MAD and INSANE?

This is a result of the abandonment of God and Bible from most people's lives.

So as you can see, your own reasoning is flawed which only goes to prove my point.

WAKE UP before it's too LATE!

Old 07-17-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Our intelligence and reasoning ability has declined
Riiiiight! . . . and Alley Oop was a genius. There can be no reasoning or intelligent discussion with this absurdity as a premise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity