Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 07:07 PM

365 posts, read 511,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Riiiiight! . . . and Alley Oop was a genius. There can be no reasoning or intelligent discussion with this absurdity as a premise.

I have noticed that insecure people whos beliefs are on shacky sand always resort to insults when they are challenged.

Why do my challenging your beliefs scare you and worry you so much? What are you so worried about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 07:17 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
I have noticed that insecure people whos beliefs are on shacky sand always resort to insults when they are challenged.

Why do my challenging your beliefs scare you and worry you so much? What are you so worried about?
Why do insecure people always seem to think that refutation of their BELIEFS or misunderstanding of history are somehow insults aimed at them? I have no fear in this life nor of the next. There has been no challenge to my beliefs . . . just blind adherence to ignorant primitive interpretations perpetuated in ignorance by corrupt religious leaders for purposes of power and control.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:20 PM

365 posts, read 511,546 times
Back on topic.

God forbids divorce unless someone commits adultery. That's the end of that discussion because nobody can alter God's Word, and God is VERY CLEAR about this topic.

So if anyone divorces even though no adultery had taken place is willfully disobeying God and willfully causing themselves and their new partner to live in willful adultery!

Many people in the past have tried to find loopholes in this, but none exist!

People need to make a choice. FOLLOW GOD COMPLETELY or prepare themselves for the coming lake of fire

Old 07-17-2010, 07:23 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,429 times
Quote:
Our intelligence and reasoning ability has declined
You know whose fault that is? Christianity. As a new Christian, this is something that I struggle with. Christianity basically says to be nice to everyone, to help the sick, poor, the unfortunate.

The only problem with that is that we help those that can't help themselves and who NEVER LEARN to help themselves because we're always helping them.

On top of that, people with bad genes, with inherited diseases now live long enough to pass along their genes and so we now have crops of people springing up that need loads of care just to make them functional.

So the sickly and the less intelligent, due to the kindness of others, are allowed to flourish and populate society, which in and of itself isn't a bad thing. The bad thing is when their numbers begin to equal ours, and then there isn't enough of "us" to take care of "them".

So anyway, if you're upset about the decline and intelligence, you can blame Christianity which says to help those people rather than let them starve to death and die. (I'm not a proponent of the later, but Christianity has lead us to the point where their numbers have almost grown so high that it's becoming a struggle for us to take care of everybody).

Old 07-17-2010, 07:30 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Back on topic.

God forbids divorce unless someone commits adultery. That's the end of that discussion because nobody can alter God's Word, and God is VERY CLEAR about this topic.

So if anyone divorces even though no adultery had taken place is willfully disobeying God and willfully causing themselves and their new partner to live in willful adultery!

Many people in the past have tried to find loopholes in this, but none exist!

People need to make a choice. FOLLOW GOD COMPLETELY or prepare themselves for the coming lake of fire
Ignore this belief in a "Führer God" of strict obedience to rote commands without love or understanding applied. Our God IS LOVE . . . and He has "written in our hearts" all that we need know to properly interpret and follow His instructions to "love God and each other." Do NOT suffer in the mistaken belief that God would ever condemn you for sincere action taken in self-defense or safety of your children because of some nonsense in an ancient primitive text . . . that has been IMPROPERLY and ignorantly interpreted without understanding of God's love for us all.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:30 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times
Quote:
That's incorrect!!! History and testimonies reveal that the youth of the past were nowhere near in lacking morals and values like the youth of today.

The Bible predicted it happening and it is happening exactly as the Bible said it would... people will become lovers of themselves, disrespect parents, become more immoral etc.

If Jesus never returns the world would one day become a world without even a single Christian and no Bibles would exist anymore.
I would agree that youth today (actually, not just youth. I've seen adults with much less of a compass than the youth) are without much of a moral compass, but do you have any idea what it was like in the time of Jesus? Or many other times in the past?

It is a waxing and waning. Cyclic. Empires rise, corrupt, and fall. Nothing new.

I don't think people are necessarily any more evil now than they were before. They just have more opportunities to exhibit repressed behavior in modern times. The anonymity, fractured, and independent lifestyles that modern people live leaves a lot of room for misbehaving. There isn't really any accountability. As long as we stop at the red stop light, don't kill anybody, and keep our tempers we can pretty much do whatever we want.

We live hidden lives. The village is no more.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
You know whose fault that is? Christianity. As a new Christian, this is something that I struggle with. Christianity basically says to be nice to everyone, to help the sick, poor, the unfortunate.

The only problem with that is that we help those that can't help themselves and who NEVER LEARN to help themselves because we're always helping them.

On top of that, people with bad genes, with inherited diseases now live long enough to pass along their genes and so we now have crops of people springing up that need loads of care just to make them functional.

So the sickly and the less intelligent, due to the kindness of others, are allowed to flourish and populate society, which in and of itself isn't a bad thing. The bad thing is when their numbers begin to equal ours, and then there isn't enough of "us" to take care of "them".

So anyway, if you're upset about the decline and intelligence, you can blame Christianity which says to help those people rather than let them starve to death and die. (I'm not a proponent of the later, but Christianity has lead us to the point where their numbers have almost grown so high that it's becoming a struggle for us to take care of everybody).
Ummm.......

Old 07-17-2010, 07:34 PM

Yes, I know, I'm not supposed to even think about those things, much less say them.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Yes, I know, I'm not supposed to even think about those things, much less say them.
There are a million reasons why you are wrong, but I was too shocked to write them down. And we would probably be WAY off topic.

So.....

Old 07-17-2010, 07:39 PM

I'm not wrong. How much day-to-day work have you done with the populations I've named? I work in the not-for-profit charitable sector and I deal with these populations every day.

But this is way off topic, so we can just drop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity