U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2010, 12:13 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,826 posts, read 10,190,172 times
Reputation: 1308

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Twinspin i would like you to show me by the scriptures, anything of the life of Jesus that bore any resemblence to how you believe God is depicted in the Old Covenant scriptures.
Meaning what ...judgements against unbelief, patience, calling one to repent, the chosen remnant?

 
Old 07-19-2010, 12:17 PM
 
Location: New England
32,326 posts, read 21,173,799 times
Reputation: 2294
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Meaning judgements?
Meaning anything to how you depict the God of the Old Covenant scriptures.

Let's make it easier for you .

This

how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

I believe in this Jesus , fundamental christianity believes in a God it perceives as mad with sinners and his only merciful and loving to believers.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-19-2010 at 12:34 PM..
 
Old 07-19-2010, 12:56 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,826 posts, read 10,190,172 times
Reputation: 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Twin how do you account for how the Lord dealt with Adam and Cain in comparison to how man was dealt with under the law .



Despite all are sinners:
  • God look favorably on Abel, not on Cain
  • Only 8 were saved in the ark
  • God chose only Abraham
  • God loved Jacob, hated Esau
  • God only chose Israel
  • God will allow only those who have a confessing faith into heaven
God treats people based on faith or lack there of
  • they did not heed God's call (based on mercy) to return to faith
  • they remained faithless
  • Because of their faithlessness (nothing else determined it)
    • God's wrath remained on them
    • they were thrown into Babylonian captivity
    • never were heard from again
God does the same in the NT
  • God calls the faithless to repent
  • many will not heed God's call (based on mercy) to return to faith
  • Because of their faithlessness (nothing else determines it)
    • God's wrath remaines on them
    • many will thrown into "Babylonian captivity" ..hell.
    • they will never heard from or be in the same company with the believers again ..
Matthew 25:46
"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
 
Old 07-19-2010, 01:06 PM
 
Location: New England
32,326 posts, read 21,173,799 times
Reputation: 2294
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Despite all are sinners:
  • God look favorably on Abel, not on Cain
  • Only 8 were saved in the ark
  • God chose only Abraham
  • God loved Jacob, hated Esau
  • God only chose Israel
  • God will allow only those who have a confessing faith into heaven
God treats people based on faith or lack there of
  • they did not heed God's call (based on mercy) to return to faith
  • they remained faithless
  • Because of their faithlessness (nothing else determined it)
    • God's wrath remained on them
    • they were thrown into Babylonian captivity
    • never were heard from again
God does the same in the NT
  • God calls the faithless to repent
  • many will not heed God's call (based on mercy) to return to faith
  • Because of their faithlessness (nothing else determines it)
    • God's wrath remaines on them
    • many will thrown into "Babylonian captivity" ..hell.
    • they will never heard from or be in the same company with the believers again ..
Matthew 25:46
"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
Here is a great example from the mouth of Jesus Himself of how He is to believers and unbelievers alike.But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Why does He say love your enemies ?

Because He does.

He also said to the woman caught in adultery "neither do i condemn you" before He said "go sin no more".
 
Old 07-19-2010, 01:13 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,826 posts, read 10,190,172 times
Reputation: 1308
Romans 12:19
Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.


Deuteronomy 32:35
It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them."
 
Old 07-19-2010, 01:24 PM
 
Location: New England
32,326 posts, read 21,173,799 times
Reputation: 2294
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Romans 12:19
Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.
Yea ????

It's quite incredible how fundamental christianity will go completely out its way to try and prove God in a bad light . Lift Jesus up my friend , lift Him up for the world to see, why do you insist on majoring on judgement, vengeance , punishment , sin and death ?

Since when has the good news been you better believe or you are going to get it ?

Even if eternal torment was true i would be at odds with you because of what you major on . It's about Jesus , Jesus said this himself "search the scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life but these are they which testify of me".(Who He is) WHO IS HE ???????

Can't you see you are testifying about everything but Jesus ?.


You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are. Matthew 23.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-19-2010 at 01:40 PM..
 
Old 07-19-2010, 02:22 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,826 posts, read 10,190,172 times
Reputation: 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yea ????

It's quite incredible how fundamental christianity wil go completely out its way to try and prove God in a bad light . Lift Jesus up my friend , lift Him up for the world to see, why do you insist on majoring on judgement, vengeance , punishment , sin and death ?

Since when has the good news been you better believe or you are going to get it ?

Even if eternal torment was true i would be at odds with you because of what you major on . It's about Jesus , Jesus said this himself "search the scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life but these are they which testify of me".(Who He is) WHO IS HE ???????

Can't you see you are testifying about everything but Jesus ?.


You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are. Matthew 23.
Romans 12:19 and Deuteronomy 32:35 are as just as trustworthy. Just because you reject them means nothing to God.... or me, friend.


Hebrews 10:30
For we know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge his people."


How do we get to "know him"?

Matthew 11:27
" No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

1 John 2:4
The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him.


what happens to "this man" .... not ur'ed or face your hippie god

Luke 12:47
"That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. "





 
Old 07-19-2010, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,299,007 times
Reputation: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
How do we get to "know him"?

Matthew 11:27
" No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
Very good verse!
In fact, Paul was a chosen vessel. Many are not chosen. It's not their fault. If someone doesn't have faith, is it their fault?

Blessings,
brian
 
Old 07-19-2010, 02:35 PM
 
Location: New England
32,326 posts, read 21,173,799 times
Reputation: 2294
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Romans 12:19 and Deuteronomy 32:35 are as just as trustworthy. Just because you reject them means nothing to God.... or me, friend.


Hebrews 10:30
For we know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge his people."


How do we get to "know him"?

Matthew 11:27
" No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

1 John 2:4
The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him.


what happens to "this man" .... not ur'ed or face your hippie god

Luke 12:47
"That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. "




This response proves the point i was making in my last post . Your focus, conversation , and message is on everything but the good news .

Like i said in my previous post if eternal torment was remotely true i would still be at odds with you because YOUR message is not the good news .

The good news is God demonstrated His love to us while we were yet sinners.

Fundamental christianity's message is about sin, death and condemnation , the good news (not UR) is about Jesus our Savior who came that we may have life and have it more abundantly.

It's Behold the lamb of God and not what fundamental christianity teaches , behold your sin , behold the judgement of God , behold Eternal Torment , behold the condemnation of God , behold the wrath of God, behold the vengance of God, behold the lake of fire .

No one to my knowledge who believes in UR is rejecting scripture , what is being rejected is the interpretation of it by fundamental christianity.

Fundamental christianity is not of God
 
Old 07-19-2010, 03:01 PM
 
Location: New England
32,326 posts, read 21,173,799 times
Reputation: 2294
This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

Fundamental christianity is laboring and striving to destroy this trustworthy saying.

Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord’s disciples
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top