U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 07:20 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,530,982 times

Advertisements

Tell me why the Holy Spirit is not mentioned to be honoured?

John 5:22-23

Tell me why the Holy Spirit is not mentioned to be glorified, twice?

John 13:31-32 & John 17:1-5

And I will tell you that the Holy Spirit will not speak of Himself, but to glorify the Son: John 16:13-14

And if the Holy Spirit in us seek to testify of the Son as we are led by the Spirit to do the same thing: John 15:26-27

Then why are believers NOT having the mind of Christ when we are honouring and glorifying the Holy Spirit?

Philippians 2:5-11

Yes; I know that the Holy Spirit is God as I also know He is One of the Three Persons, but answer why He is not mentioned to be honoured, nor glorified as having the mind of Christ even?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 07:29 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,137,809 times
Because the Holy Spirit is an instrument that God uses to convey His love into the souls of man. The Holy Spirit is only a part of God and not God. Only God is to be worshipped.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Because the Holy Spirit is an instrument that God uses to convey His love into the souls of man. The Holy Spirit is only a part of God and not God. Only God is to be worshipped.
Being how you are not using scriptures in support of your beliefs, I doubt you will take this reproof then but who knows? Maybe God will show you.

Jesus spoke of the Holy Spirit as a Person of God by using the pronoun "he" and "him" on numerous occasions so the Holy Spirit just being an instrument as a part of God but yet not God is falling short of the scriptures.

John 14: 16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The fact that to fill a position as the Comforter and you have to be a Person to do that. Being how that Comforter is another other than the Father and other than the Son, designate the third Person of the God.

However, since the witness factor as laid out by God is that no one can bear witness of himself:

John 5:31If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

For a faithful witness, one cannot speak of himself when seeking to testify of another in seeking the glory of the one you are testifying of.

John 7:18He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. 19Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

Even John the Baptist understood the time when he had to decrease as a voice in the wilderness.

John 3: 28Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30He must increase, but I must decrease.

And so now by His grace, may you understand that the Holy Spirit as God, will be the Divine Witness of the Son of God in seeking His glory and that is why the name of Jesus is above every other name and why the Father is honoured and glorified only through the Son.

John 16: 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

The Spirit of God is testifying of the Son of God in seeking His glory and thereby the glory of the Father. The Holy Spirit has to be a Person to bear witness and to be another Comforter.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:47 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,137,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Being how you are not using scriptures in support of your beliefs, I doubt you will take this reproof then but who knows? Maybe God will show you.

Jesus spoke of the Holy Spirit as a Person of God by using the pronoun "he" and "him" on numerous occasions so the Holy Spirit just being an instrument as a part of God but yet not God is falling short of the scriptures.

John 14: 16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The fact that to fill a position as the Comforter and you have to be a Person to do that. Being how that Comforter is another other than the Father and other than the Son, designate the third Person of the God.

However, since the witness factor as laid out by God is that no one can bear witness of himself:

John 5:31If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

For a faithful witness, one cannot speak of himself when seeking to testify of another in seeking the glory of the one you are testifying of.

John 7:18He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. 19Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

Even John the Baptist understood the time when he had to decrease as a voice in the wilderness.

John 3: 28Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30He must increase, but I must decrease.

And so now by His grace, may you understand that the Holy Spirit as God, will be the Divine Witness of the Son of God in seeking His glory and that is why the name of Jesus is above every other name and why the Father is honoured and glorified only through the Son.

John 16: 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

The Spirit of God is testifying of the Son of God in seeking His glory and thereby the glory of the Father. The Holy Spirit has to be a Person to bear witness and to be another Comforter.
The Holy Spirit is from the spiritual realm. It cannot become material so it cannot be another person. It was created by God, which in turn makes it a part of God and not God or a thing to be worshipped.

When one feels the Holy Spirit working within them, it is doing the work that God has sent it to do. You will know when it happens if you haven't felt it working in your own soul. I have felt it deliver God's Divine Love into my soul and it's very powerful.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
The Holy Spirit is from the spiritual realm. It cannot become material so it cannot be another person. It was created by God, which in turn makes it a part of God and not God or a thing to be worshipped.

When one feels the Holy Spirit working within them, it is doing the work that God has sent it to do. You will know when it happens if you haven't felt it working in your own soul. I have felt it deliver God's Divine Love into my soul and it's very powerful.
You are not quoting scriptures to validate your claims.

Your understanding is based on your experiences which is derived from new age rudiments. I do not doubt your experiences, but similar experiences has been shared in Khundalini,an Eastern mysticism, and elsewhere that does not acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the Saviour.

If God would call those in the world to come out of the world to a personal reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ, that means there are no other means nor person to relate to God the Father through as the Holy Spirit in believers is still pointing the bride to go to the Bridegroom in having that personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ as He is the Good Shepherd as well as the Saviour as it is on Him to finish what He has begun in us.

Philippians 1: 6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:...

9And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
So go to Jesus Christ today for discernment by the scriptures in the King James Bible if you want to know if you are abiding in Him or have been led astray by seducing spirits which has been prophesied will occur if possible to deceive the very elect.

1 Timothy 4: 1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Matthew 24:24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:22For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Hebrews 4: 12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

John 10: 1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber..... 7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.... 13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Go to Jesus today and ask Him for the answers to discern good and evil by the scriptures.

1 John 4: 1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error. 7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

See if what you speak is the same as the world speak.

Kundalini (http://www.thesoulsjourney.com/kundalini.html - broken link)

Kundalini Shakti and Chakras

Then by His grace, may you know why all invitations points to the Son in calling those out of the world and from their practises to that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:24 AM

7,874 posts, read 6,684,285 times
Holy Spirit is called to come to the earth for Lord Jesus to exalt Jesus and his purpose, he has not come to take the place of the Lamb of God Jesus. So if you worship Holy Spirit than that is religious spirit, and Holy Spirit will be put himself out of your Worship until you turn and Glorify the Lord ........ Glorifying means to Worship, exalt, praise, to make better, finer than......Where honor is allowed to Holy Spirit, which means reverence ,honage, veneration, respected,....... Glorifyed No ,,,, Honored Yes...

Old 07-18-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Holy Spirit is called to come to the earth for Lord Jesus to exalt Jesus and his purpose, he has not come to take the place of the Lamb of God Jesus. So if you worship Holy Spirit than that is religious spirit, and Holy Spirit will be put himself out of your Worship until you turn and Glorify the Lord ........ Glorifying means to Worship, exalt, praise, to make better, finer than......Where honor is allowed to Holy Spirit, which means reverence ,honage, veneration, respected,....... Glorifyed No ,,,, Honored Yes...
Feel free to explain why the Holy Spirit is not mentioned to be honoured in John 5:22-23.

Maybe this will help by His grace alone.

John 5:39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41I receive not honour from men. 42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

John 7: 18He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

How can the Holy Spirit be honoured or lead anyone to honour the Holy Spirit when the Holy Spirit in us seeks to lead us in honouring the Son?

As you had apply correctly regarding not to glorify the Holy Spirit: so too, apply in regards to not honouring the Holy Spirit because the indweling Holy Spirit does not seek that also if we are to have the mind of Christ to exalt the name of Jesus above every other name.

God the Father is honoured and glorified only through honouring and glorifying the Son and that IS what the Holy Spirit in us is leading us to do to stand apart from the world in how they seek after spirits and worship spirits. Jesus is being the only way is what keeps other spirits from taking the spotlight of honour on the Holy Spirit to steal the spotlight in the worship place so that is why there are not to be any spotlight of honour on the Holy Spirit since the Holy Spirit in us is constantly putting that spotlight on the Son in the worship place.

I testify from another christian forum, that a brother was explaining that he, too, used to believe as I do that tongues were not being manifested today and that the Holy Spirit did not operate in that way in the early church days in regards to the way tongues were being manifested today.

Then he testified of an encounter in a church honouring the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost. It was after their little study on the Holy Spirit and then he testified at the service when honouring the Holy Spirit, that this has occurred: the gist of it was: that it felt like liquid nitrogen seeping into his skull. Frightened and bewildered: he found himself confessing against his will an apology to the "Holy Spirit" for not believing that "He" operated in that way.

Two things the Lord helped me to test that spirit by in regards to his testimony:

One: Jesus gave an invitation to come to Him as He is meek and lowly in heart, we shall find rest for our souls. This spirit proves to be a bully as it drew attention to itself in the worship place: as if honouring the Holy Spirit was not enough.

Second: God would prefer a willing confession: Not one forced against somebody's will.

Jesus warned about not suffering a thief to break through. It is bad enough when believers are led to believe and open themselves up to receiving the "Holy Spirit" again, thus preaching another spirit to receive when they had not received: how can one receive again that which was received by faith as promised by Jesus Christ upon salvation?... BUT when they honoured the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost, this also suffered a thief to break through, allowing other spirits to take that honour towards the Holy Spirit to demand that worship and glory from wayward believers, making them believe these spirits were the Holy Spirit.

So I understand why all invitations points to Jesus and why the Son is the door because there are other spirits in the world waiting for their chance to take any worship of the Holy Spirit for worship for themselves as there have been spirits in the world that has been worshipped as such before.

And yet God would call those out of the world to a personal reconciled relationship with Him through the Son: the Lord Jesus Christ: this would explain why Jesus is the Bridegroom as we are to be the "chaste" bride in "relating" to God through the Son to stand apart from the world and to prevent any spirits from stealing the spotlight from the Son in the worship place, masquerading as the Holy Spirit.

That is why the Holy Spirit is in us as Jesus has said we will know Him by Him dwelling within us as standing apart from spirits in the world coming and going in the worship place. That is why there can be no spotlight of honour nor glory on the Holy Spirit in the worship place when the Holy Spirit in us is putting that spotlight of honour and glory on the Son as His name is above every other name.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:05 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,445,365 times
Default Because there are so many countries...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Tell me why the Holy Spirit is not mentioned to be honoured?

John 5:22-23

Tell me why the Holy Spirit is not mentioned to be glorified, twice?

John 13:31-32 & John 17:1-5

And I will tell you that the Holy Spirit will not speak of Himself, but to glorify the Son: John 16:13-14

And if the Holy Spirit in us seek to testify of the Son as we are led by the Spirit to do the same thing: John 15:26-27

Then why are believers NOT having the mind of Christ when we are honouring and glorifying the Holy Spirit?

Philippians 2:5-11

Yes; I know that the Holy Spirit is God as I also know He is One of the Three Persons, but answer why He is not mentioned to be honoured, nor glorified as having the mind of Christ even?

Because there are so many countries to work in the common Christianity (each separately concerned about their own fold). After the flood occurred by Noah there was the tower of Bable erected which which fell for the multiplication of communication's languages.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Because there are so many countries to work in the common Christianity (each separately concerned about their own fold). After the flood occurred by Noah there was the tower of Bable erected which which fell for the multiplication of communication's languages.
So because of all the spirits in the world, all invitations points to the Son and that is why there are no invitation nor spotlight on the Holy Spirit.

When they climb up another way, then they fell by getting tongues without interpretation: a stranger's voice.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:44 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,652,235 times
Quote:

So you're saying the Holy Spirit is an it, and not a person?

When we read about the attributes of the Holy Spirit in the Bible, it speaks of qualities such as feelings and thought, that are very typical of describing a person, not an "it", or a simple inanimate "force". Ok, so the Holy Spirit isn't part of the material realm. (as we perceive) So what if He is spirit only...He's still a person...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity