Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2010, 12:22 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Hi yeshuasavedme....

Your response to what I posted about human compassion... puzzles me.
But you seem to have your mind set on your beliefs.
I hope what I posted, touches someone out there.
It touched me when I first read it.

peace,
sparrow
I was showing the folly of the man's deeds. The man was deceived and felt good about his act, but his act was vain, in God's creation. He thought that he showed compassion to the chicken by not eating chicken, but the chicken is living it up as a meat eater, itself. It is touchy-feel-y to think that one is doing something good to not eat meat which God gave human beings to eat, but it is not the Gospel of God to not eat meat.
If you read earlier posts of mine, then you would know that I have chickens. And my mom had chickens. My daughters have had and do have chickens, and my son and his wife have chickens.
Chickens eat meat and feel no compassion for one another. They are entertaining, but I will tell you that they do not stand around graciously waiting for the weakest of them to be fed first. They will peck one of their own to death, and even eat the flesh of it, and they will eat their own eggs sometimes.
BackYardChickens Forum / crazy CANNIBAL chickens ate most of my rooster's butt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 02:14 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Chickens eat meat and feel no compassion for one another. They are entertaining, but I will tell you that they do not stand around graciously waiting for the weakest of them to be fed first.
That's right - they are just animals - no conscience. Conscience is (supposed to be) a human affair isn't it?

Yet - when human passion is for correct doctrine instead of for living, breathing, conscious beings - this is the result: consciences seared, unable to function. An inability to have empathy for others. Selfishness.

This is the root of all sin.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
That's right - they are just animals - no conscience. Conscience is (supposed to be) a human affair isn't it?

Yet - when human passion is for correct doctrine instead of for living, breathing, conscious beings - this is the result: consciences seared, unable to function. An inability to have empathy for others. Selfishness.

This is the root of all sin.
I do disagree about the root. "The lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life" are what tempted Adam to fall, and is what the second Man was tempted with, by the devil and did not yield to [ "worship me and I will deliver all the glory of all the kingdoms of the world to you", to satisfy your eyes;" turn the stones to bread" to satisfy your flesh, and "do not go to the cross, you are needed more alive" -through Peter that one came, but Jesus rebuked the devil speaking through Peter] .

-and our dog has a conscience, taught him by us, about the things we emphasize. HE even gets embarrassed at some things. We are "god" to him, as God intended Adam to be, to the creation. We are also "god" to the cats, and they offer the sacrifices of slain mice at the great temple door [usually the back door] from where all good things proceed.

1Jo 2:16 For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:32 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
I do disagree about the root. "The lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life" are what tempted Adam to fall, and is what the second Man was tempted with, by the devil and did not yield to [ "worship me and I will deliver all the glory of all the kingdoms of the world to you", to satisfy your eyes;" turn the stones to bread" to satisfy your flesh, and "do not go to the cross, you are needed more alive" -through Peter that one came, but Jesus rebuked the devil speaking through Peter] .

-and our dog has a conscience, taught him by us, about the things we emphasize. HE even gets embarrassed at some things. We are "god" to him, as God intended Adam to be, to the creation. We are also "god" to the cats, and they offer the sacrifices of slain mice at the great temple door [usually the back door] from where all good things proceed.

1Jo 2:16 For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
"So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee."

Old 08-02-2010, 06:14 PM

24 posts, read 34,285 times
I think people might have lost sight of what's important here, and that's to remember that
proverbs 12:10 and romans 14:15 imply that we should have a cruelty free and environmentally sustainable meat industry, and many people just intuitively know that animal cruelty and unsustainable farming is wrong and are bound to be vegetarian or even vegan by romans 14:23 which says "But if you do have doubts about what you eat, you are going against your beliefs. And you know that is wrong, because anything you do against your beliefs is sin".

Old 08-02-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafenstein View Post
I think people might have lost sight of what's important here, and that's to remember that
proverbs 12:10 and romans 14:15 imply that we should have a cruelty free and environmentally sustainable meat industry, and many people just intuitively know that animal cruelty and unsustainable farming is wrong and are bound to be vegetarian or even vegan by romans 14:23 which says "But if you do have doubts about what you eat, you are going against your beliefs. And you know that is wrong, because anything you do against your beliefs is sin".
And they are the weak ones, who do not believe God, who gave meat for food to Adam and who claim they are not eating because of abuse when they are beig hypocritical in that they can get all the meat they want that is not abused, and which is good for food for man and has the blessing of God.
If they want to be weak, that is fine, but to impose that weakness on others by using deceitful means is not of the wisdom from above, which wisdom is sensual, demonic, and brings only in bondage.

James 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but [is] earthly, sensual, devilish.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:18 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,158 times
Jesus said man is not defiled by anything he puts into his mouth.that for me says it all.
(I said for ME,I did not say ask Bill Clinton! )

Old 08-05-2010, 06:53 PM

24 posts, read 34,285 times
that is why I feel the need to tell people that the bible definitely implies that we should have a cruelty free and environmentally sustainable meat industry, with proverbs 12:10 and romans 14:15 and romans 14:23.
but also, I say it's not good to BUY (as opposed to eat) meat that has been produces cruely and unsustainably

Old 08-05-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafenstein View Post
that is why I feel the need to tell people that the bible definitely implies that we should have a cruelty free and environmentally sustainable meat industry, with proverbs 12:10 and romans 14:15 and romans 14:23.
but also, I say it's not good to BUY (as opposed to eat) meat that has been produces cruely and unsustainably
People who abuse animals do not care what the Bible says about anything. They are in much more need than to just stop abusing animals, for that is a symptom, only, and not the disease. OTOH, those who care what the Bible says can eat meat with a clear conscience toward God.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:45 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Too bad veggies taste so bad and meat tastes so good. If God wanted us to not eat meat it wouldn't taste so delicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity