Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 06:46 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
That's right. To disagree is human. To disagree and still love is divine!!!
I agree with this wholeheartedly.

If a man gets lost in his thoughts, and never fellowships or discusses what he has learned, then he will go here, and there without regard.

If a man gets lost in his thoughts, and shares his thoughts with others on what he has learned? Then he will reproof what he has learned, and stay the course.

"Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another."-Proverbs

Think of 2 men sparring with swords. For each man, his sword is protection both in offense, and defense. But both men think their sword is superior.

The Word of God IS not the sword. The Word of God is the Spiritual leading action relating TO the sword.

Understand?

"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."-Hebrews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 07:19 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Don't you all think though that part of the problem is not being able to see the person you are conversing with? What comes across in posts a lot of times is nothing like what the poster meant to convey and things get taken the wrong way. This happens to me all of the time. I get accused of being hostile and quite frankly I'm a "matter-of-fact" kind of girl and the way I say things are always misconstrued. I am the most "un-hostile" person you could ever meet and a lot of what I say is said with sarcasm or trying to be funny. But it hardly ever gets read that way because after all, these little emoticons cannot do a person's face and body language justice.

I'm guilty too of taking things the wrong way, as we all are. Just something to consider other than it's just a "battle" between UR and ET. The way we post has a lot to do with it.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:45 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Don't you all think though that part of the problem is not being able to see the person you are conversing with? What comes across in posts a lot of times is nothing like what the poster meant to convey and things get taken the wrong way. This happens to me all of the time. I get accused of being hostile and quite frankly I'm a "matter-of-fact" kind of girl and the way I say things are always misconstrued. I am the most "un-hostile" person you could ever meet and a lot of what I say is said with sarcasm or trying to be funny. But it hardly ever gets read that way because after all, these little emoticons cannot do a person's face and body language justice.

I'm guilty too of taking things the wrong way, as we all are. Just something to consider other than it's just a "battle" between UR and ET. The way we post has a lot to do with it.
Funny you should mention it!
I used to think that people's writings were void of any feeling in them.

I am now completely of a different opinion. It all shows.

Blessings!
brian

Old 07-23-2010, 11:03 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times
Quote:

See, I see war in this light as well.

When man had to face another, then the act of war had a meaning. It was defending either their home, or their country from an aggressor.

When a man or country can kill millions without ever looking into their eyes, then it isn't war. It is genocide. Because the innocent are always included in the casualties.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:19 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
Quote:

Don't you all think though that part of the problem is not being able to see the person you are conversing with?

Hey, June thanks God you can't see her.

(Perhaps others do, as well!)

~She'd rather remain an anonymous "just June" figment of your imagination!

Old 07-23-2010, 11:31 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

What makes it complicated, is that if someone "portrays the gospel," then someone else will come along and declare that they are not protraying the "true" gospel. So then what? That's where people debate.
Call June crazy (trust her, it's been done numerous times before!) but it seems to "just June" that if someone honestly, truly believes in their heart of hearts that they are in fact "portraying the Gospel" then what's it to other people? If anything, it strikes June as being contrary to the Gospel for others to go after a certain individual or individual's mindset and attempt to discredit them! June can honestly say that she would be scared senseless if she ever became a believer and attempted to portray her understanding of the gospel!!! ~Not due to her being unable to hear "I think you're mistaken" or "I disagree" or even "I feel you're wrong" but rather, it's the fact that the challengers so undermine the whole purpose and intent of (said) gospel in going after and attacking another's heartfelt belief of what the gospel means! --To them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post

If I assume that both the ET and UR crowd are well meaning Christians, who have approached the scripture, open to the spirit, in sincere search of the truth, and arrive at fundamentally different conclusions.

That doesn't disturb me

What does disturb me, is when these two schools of thought throw out the fruit of the spirit and exchange it with cruelty, dissenssion, anger, and disrespect for fellow Christians.

When they ( on either side of the arguement ) do that,

I stop taking them seriously.
^^^ A man of wisdom here.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:53 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Hey, June thanks God you can't see her.

(Perhaps others do, as well!)

~She'd rather remain an anonymous "just June" figment of your imagination!

Yup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Call June crazy (trust her, it's been done numerous times before!) but it seems to "just June" that if someone honestly, truly believes in their heart of hearts that they are in fact "portraying the Gospel" then what's it to other people? If anything, it strikes June as being contrary to the Gospel for others to go after a certain individual or individual's mindset and attempt to discredit them! June can honestly say that she would be scared senseless if she ever became a believer and attempted to portray her understanding of the gospel!!! ~Not due to her being unable to hear "I think you're mistaken" or "I disagree" or even "I feel you're wrong" but rather, it's the fact that the challengers so undermine the whole purpose and intent of (said) gospel in going after and attacking another's heartfelt belief of what the gospel means! --To them.

^^^ A man of wisdom here.
Wisdom filled words too...(coming from an unbeliever ), namely..."Just June"...

Old 07-23-2010, 05:23 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:

So true Ilene ...... when people post with emphasis it can be taken as hostility

Old 07-23-2010, 05:56 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
So true Ilene ...... when people post with emphasis it can be taken as hostility
I just don't like the meanie faces:

and this: and this: and this:

It promotes snarkiness. I hate snarky.

Too bad we don't have friendlier smilies.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:19 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I just don't like the meanie faces:

and this: and this: and this:

It promotes snarkiness. I hate snarky.

Too bad we don't have friendlier smilies.
I like the smilie that is shrugging and lifting his hands up. He is confused but doesn't look angry. I was wondering how Betsey and Twin.Spin get their smilies and swords in here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity