Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 08:36 AM

76,981 posts, read 47,311,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
So...Legoman...do tell...understanding your same scenerio...what would YOUR! love for June if she were to be burning in torment?...what would YOUR love do for her?...huh?..what will your YOUR! love for June do for her be it you find out you were wrong about having a second chance after you die...? HUH?...answer me that!

(keep in mind I do not believe in torment..I believe in Death...done...dead...soul dead.)

and the red highlighted part above...that is a lie! I just love how you accuse us of the very thing you do to us yourself!!

and the dark umber highlighted part above...that is a lie! again...here you are twisting our motive for the warnings we give to June and YOU! and all those who belive a lie!..because we do not want you to be separated from God forever! That's why!!!...and THAT! is REAL! LOVE!
That's what I was talking about in my earlier post (the lies). They come up with all kinds of claims to smear believers when they full well know it is a lie. I would like for one of them to quote a believer saying that they take pleasure in thiking about others in hell. However, I will not ask them to prove it, because it would only start another argument. Yesterday one of them insisted that he has NEVER seen a believer talk about the good news, and he demanded me to show a quote where a believer talked about God's love. I did (the forum is full of such quotes), but he still pretended that as if no one had ever said such things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 08:39 AM

7,991 posts, read 12,228,911 times
Hi guys!

~Just a friendly reminder to please refrain from using red in posts, as it makes it extremely difficult for us to do "mod cuts" and red is supposed to only be used by the mods.

Thanks for understanding!

-June

Old 07-21-2010, 08:49 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,093,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's what I was talking about in my earlier post (the lies). They come up with all kinds of claims to smear believers when they full well know it is a lie. I would like for one of them to quote a believer saying that they take pleasure in thiking about others in hell. However, I will not ask them to prove it, because it would only start another argument. Yesterday one of them insisted that he has NEVER seen a believer talk about the good news, and he demanded me to show a quote where a believer talked about God's love. I did (the forum is full of such quotes), but he still pretended that as if no one had ever said such things.
Finn - Sciotamicks (a staunch ET believer) said this himself:

"God's enemies are regarded by the saints as their enemies, and when the day of probation is past, their mind shall be so entirely one with God's, that they shall rejoice in witnessing visibly the judicial vindication of God's righteousness in sinners' punishment"

This was in context of those being tormented in the presence of the lamb, in this thread: http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...-presence.html

If you don't agree with this, then I am glad. Take it up with sciotamicks.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:49 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,582,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
See!!

I, too, left the faith I once loved so much, because I could not reconcile my thoughts about what the bible said, and what Jesus taught,,,VS. what the religous leaders of my day were telling me. It was not even on the same playing field.

You have done what Stefan Molyneux said:

"To see the farm, is to leave the farm"

Once a person sees how captive they are to their upbringing, societal teachings called education, and others who have been taught the same way,,,,the picture becomes quite clear. See the farm. Not only that, but WHO is the farmer?? Once this has been seen, and the farmer revealed, it is time to leave it.

I see Jesus leading me. He is my Shepherd. Out, past the farm, and to the green pastures, and beside the still waters. He set me free, and restored my soul. That IS His message.

You now have the teachings of Jesus embedded into your soul:

And I agree with you. Your post has made an impact on me. No longer am I going to focus on destruction, of beliefs, and instead focus on loving others more completely and unselfishly.

Thank you Christygirl.

And thank you June for this topic and your loving comments made to me personally.

Peace be with you, and love to all.
LOL!! I had to go back up and look and make sure it was you talking here HotinAZ.....way to go!! This is exactly how I feel now, and it's exactly what belief in UR has done for me. I may still argue for it, but it's only because of the change in me, the love that I feel and the complete and total LOVE that I know our God is now. I want to defend His Holy name and try my best to convey the true nature of God, which is LOVE. And you're right, what Christygirl came away with is the loving nature of Jesus Christ and that's really important. I just wish she still believed in Him.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:50 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,189,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
See!!

I, too, left the faith I once loved so much, because I could not reconcile my thoughts about what the bible said, and what Jesus taught,,,VS. what the religous leaders of my day were telling me. It was not even on the same playing field.

You have done what Stefan Molyneux said:

"To see the farm, is to leave the farm"

Once a person sees how captive they are to their upbringing, societal teachings called education, and others who have been taught the same way,,,,the picture becomes quite clear. See the farm. Not only that, but WHO is the farmer?? Once this has been seen, and the farmer revealed, it is time to leave it.

I see Jesus leading me. He is my Shepherd. Out, past the farm, and to the green pastures, and beside the still waters. He set me free, and restored my soul. That IS His message.

You now have the teachings of Jesus embedded into your soul:

And I agree with you. Your post has made an impact on me. No longer am I going to focus on destruction, of beliefs, and instead focus on loving others more completely and unselfishly.

Thank you Christygirl.

And thank you June for this topic and your loving comments made to me personally.

Peace be with you, and love to all.
My goodness...I am thankful that at least one person took to heart what I said, especially since it came from an alleged heathen ...and a very sweet one at that (Hot). It's just one more baby step down and many, many, many more to go!!!

Oh BTW....it's hot her in AL also....very hot!

Old 07-21-2010, 09:25 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,189,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
LOL!! I had to go back up and look and make sure it was you talking here HotinAZ.....way to go!! This is exactly how I feel now, and it's exactly what belief in UR has done for me. I may still argue for it, but it's only because of the change in me, the love that I feel and the complete and total LOVE that I know our God is now. I want to defend His Holy name and try my best to convey the true nature of God, which is LOVE. And you're right, what Christygirl came away with is the loving nature of Jesus Christ and that's really important. I just wish she still believed in Him.
No Ilene...what I came away with is that we have to LOVE EACH OTHER if we are to have any HOPE of ever making this world a better place for us and for future generations...it has nothing to do with the nature of anyone in particular. Loving your neighbor as yourself...is a universal message that was shared hundreds of years by others long before it was ever attributed to Jesus.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:35 AM

76,981 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
If you don't agree with this, then I am glad. Take it up with sciotamicks:.
No, you take it up with him and try to figure out the context. Will you quit trying to make it sound like all believers take pleasure in thinking about people going to hell. It it a lie. Thank you.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:47 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,632,635 times
[quote=legoman;15132135]Verna, if I were to find June in unending torment, I would do everything possible to relieve her of that torment. Admittedly I might not be able to do much as I am a finite human. But I would beg God for the rest of eternity to release June from unending torment. Even if I were in heaven, it would not be "heaven" if I knew that June was suffering endlessly and IMHO needlessly.

I am glad you do not believe in eternal torment.

WHOA. Slow down Verna before you accuse me of lying. Did you understand what I was saying? I wasn't accusing you or even most people of doing the part highlighted in red. What I said is that ETers will fall into one of three beliefs: 1. they are sad but unable to help those tormented, 2. they forget those who are tormented, OR 3. they will be glad that some are tormented because it is justice. (also NOTE I was talking about what some believe happens in the after life in heaven, not right now).

I'm not saying you believe #3, but I know for a fact that some on this very forum believe #3. Just last week sciotamicks posted that the saints would be rejoicing with God over the endless torments of the lost. It is very disturbing that someone would think this.

Again Verna, before you accuse of lying, try to understand what I said. This is what I wrote:
If that was really your fate, wouldn't your three friends be doing everything they could to get you out of that situation? Yet their own beliefs show that they can ultimately do nothing for you once you are in endless torment. Love does not overcome all in the ET belief system.

While it is quite possible June's three friends are doing everything they can right now to help June see the light, according to their own beliefs (and your beliefs), there will come a day when it will no longer be possible to help June - June will be resigned to her fate whether that is eternal torment or annihilation. At that point no amount of LOVE will help June. Under this belief system LOVE no longer overcomes after a certain point.

That is what I was saying. Please keep the accusations of lying to yourself when you do not understand what was said.

Peace.
[/quote]

...OH! Believe me legoman, I've been here to long for you to be able to pull the wool over my eyes!...trying to pretend to be saying something other than what you are truly saying!..I am well aware of EVERYTHING! you have ever said here on this forum...EVERYTHING!...and it ain't all roses, love and posies either!...YOU! keep YOUR! accusations to YOURSELF! thank you! Who do you think you are...? Like you know what is in the hearts of those who warn others of WHAT GOD SAYS IN HIS WORD! We only know what we read in Scripture...and believe it to be truth!...and God said warn!...SO WE DO! SO THERE! DEAL WITH IT! But stop claiming things about us that are not true!

in response to the bolded umber above...

SO WOULD I LEGOMAN!!!!!!! SO WOULD I!!!!!!!

Old 07-21-2010, 10:50 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,987,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Most of them won't "preach" at you, and I'm sure they are kind. Of course. But, hell is most likely what they are thinking when they look at you and what they are thinking about when they pray for your soul. Also, the preachers scream a lot less about hell than they used to, although there are a few out there still at it.

But, the hellfire/brimstone sermons are what this country grew up on in it's early days, and many of us were still having to listen to it as we grew up, and it had a GREAT impact on imaginative and thoughtful minds. And I'm not too particularly fond of preachers who lie and say that Jesus spoke more on hell than he did on heaven. They lie.

Some of us are just sick and tired of watching people tormented (they will never say they are, trust me) by this crap.

Just don't get me started on the Hell Houses.

Temple Hell House- Index

Hell house - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hell House (2001)

Halloween hell houses

I think we are all just so happy to have a voice after 2000 years. And there really isn't anywhere else for us to go.

There are confused people out there, like I was, who are lurking.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Oh my! I had never heard of such a thing as a "Hell House" until I read about it in this thread. How sick!

Hell house

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hell houses are haunted attractions typically run by American, fundamentalist Christian churches or parachurch groups. These depict sin, the torments of the damned in Hell, and usually conclude with a depiction of heaven. They are most typically operated in the days preceding Halloween.
A hell house, like a conventional haunted-house attraction, is a space set aside in which actors attempt to frighten patrons with gruesome exhibits and scenes. The format is that the various scenes are presented as a series of short vignettes with a narrated guide. Unlike haunted houses, hell houses focus on occasions and effects of sin or the fate of unrepentant sinners in the afterlife. They are scheduled during the month of October to capitalize on the similarities between hell houses and haunted attractions.
The exhibits at a hell house often have a controversial tone and focus on sins that are also issues of concern to evangelicals in the United States. Hell houses frequently feature exhibits that depict sin and its consequences. Common examples include abortion, suicide,[1] use of alcoholic beverage and other recreational drugs, adultery and pre-marital sex, occultism, homosexuality, and Satanic ritual abuse. Hell houses typically emphasize the belief that anyone who does not accept Christ as their personal savior is condemned to Hell.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:53 AM

8,118 posts, read 6,859,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, you take it up with him and try to figure out the context. Will you quit trying to make it sound like all believers take pleasure in thinking about people going to hell. It it a lie. Thank you.

You are completely misrespresenting legoman.
He never said anything about "ALL" believers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity