U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 11:33 PM

688 posts, read 1,862,541 times

Advertisements

Can you also offer to help with the baby? She could be feeling so overwhelmed with the newborn. Post partum is such a serious thing, and she could do something to the baby even if she normally wouldn't. She needs meds! Getting her the couseling of your pastor is a great idea like kaykay said! Still pray though! God is the ultimate Physician! Not only that, but He can clear the fog for her so she can see she needs help, and make her willing to get it! Hope this helps!

LuLu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 11:43 PM

130 posts, read 361,783 times
I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord and he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up out of a horrible pit and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings. Psalm40:1-2

Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of ours the devil roams around like a lion (in fierce hunger), seeking someone to seize upon and devour. Withstand him; be firm in faith (against his onset-rooted, established,strong,immovable and determined), knowing that the same sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world. Peter 5:8-9

Old 06-23-2007, 12:22 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,636,762 times
JCO, I am praying for her and praying for you, God put you in her path and gave you this passion to help for a reason.
I pray God gives you the gift of discernment so you can fully know what you should do.
There are a couple of websites that might help:
Christian Charities USA - Web Site Frameset
SAVE • Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

MBG

Old 06-23-2007, 12:46 AM

1,587 posts, read 2,737,540 times
You have my prayers!

Old 06-23-2007, 11:00 AM
jco jco started this thread

2,106 posts, read 4,619,352 times
Thank you all for the prayers, links, verses, and advice. I've decided to forward the verses you gave by e-mail, I called and let her know my concerns. I set up a day that I'll take care of her kids and give her my car and money to go out and have some mommy time. I think she feels very relieved that she'll be able to do this. In addition, she agreed to meet with a Christian counselor, who also majored in psychology in college, next week. I think she feels like there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:38 AM

688 posts, read 1,862,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
Thank you all for the prayers, links, verses, and advice. I've decided to forward the verses you gave by e-mail, I called and let her know my concerns. I set up a day that I'll take care of her kids and give her my car and money to go out and have some mommy time. I think she feels very relieved that she'll be able to do this. In addition, she agreed to meet with a Christian counselor, who also majored in psychology in college, next week. I think she feels like there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

That's so awesome! I am so glad that she is feeling this relief. Reading your last sentence brought this to my mind:

YouTube - Tunnel By: Third Day

When I was going through some tough times with depression, someone gave me music such as Third Day and some others to help uplift me, it soooo helped! Just some extra advice!

LuLu
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity