U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-21-2010, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,031 posts, read 1,623,196 times
Reputation: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It's amazing how the ET God is the epitome of an abusor, telling the ones he's abusing that it's their fault, that they are disgusting and vile and a stench, laughing all the while. That's the picture Verna just painted of God in another thread. Seriously? I should love and trust this God?

So tell me this, if you knew that a human authority figure was abusing those whom were under his care, you would tell the ones being abused that they deserved it because, after all the one in authority makes the rules, right?
This human authority figure is blameless, pure, Holy and righteous? How can you compare this human to God? God makes the rules because He is perfect.

ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. It's only by His grace that we are able to have eternal life with Him. None of us deserve heaven. Universalists seem to think the opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-21-2010, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,966 posts, read 2,848,833 times
Reputation: 1517
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
4. Other:
I would feel that I was in hell.
That is how I would feel.
How could that NOT be deemed "hell"? To know that the being that created us would allow within His creation, even one person to be in torments forever. and by the way, it would also mean that "love" will have lost ALL meaning.

And no, I won't argue this.
You asked. This is my response.
That's it.
Same here... and here is a song especially for Sparrow and for all who trust in the
unfathomable depths of God's goodness and mercy:

He's Got the Whole World In His Hands

YouTube - He's got The Whole World in His Hands
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2010, 09:20 PM
 
Location: USA
5,498 posts, read 1,995,555 times
Reputation: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
And please ..don't cite the abuses of the man made church of Catholic. We're talking about God here.

So you'd reject God if He didn't do things according to how you say He should?

As for me. I submit to God. He is the boss and creator of all. I owe my existance to Him.

Sorry if you don't agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
This human authority figure is blameless, pure, Holy and righteous? How can you compare this human to God? God makes the rules because He is perfect.

ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. It's only by His grace that we are able to have eternal life with Him. None of us deserve heaven. Universalists seem to think the opposite.
You both want me to know that you trust that as the ultimate authority, God's rules and actions are perfect and trustworthy?

I do not disagree with you.

If even an imperfect being like myself knows that it is evil for a human in authority to abuse those in his care, however, I do not believe that God would hold himself to a lesser standard, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2010, 09:28 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,966 posts, read 2,848,833 times
Reputation: 1517
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
This human authority figure is blameless, pure, Holy and righteous? How can you compare this human to God? God makes the rules because He is perfect.
Ach! It's the tired, old "God can do whatever he wants to routine. This mentality explains why so many evangelical Christians had no problem with former president G.W. Bush using torture - something previously unheard of before his Presidency. Try the spirits! Whatever things are lovely and pure ... think on these things.

Let's just put it this way, I REJECT the god that ETers promote. And I am not afraid to say so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2010, 09:33 PM
 
4,067 posts, read 2,165,301 times
Reputation: 952
Heartsong... thank you for the song, friend.
love,
sparrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2010, 09:36 PM
 
Location: Washington State
3,371 posts, read 1,946,364 times
Reputation: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You both want me to know that you trust that as the ultimate authority, God's rules and actions are perfect and trustworthy?

I do not disagree with you.

If even an imperfect being like myself knows that it is evil for a human in authority to abuse those in his care, however, I do not believe that God would hold himself to a lesser standard, do you?
And we are being made in his image.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2010, 09:44 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,031 posts, read 1,623,196 times
Reputation: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Ach! It's the tired, old "God can do whatever he wants to routine. This mentality explains why so many evangelical Christians had no problem with former president G.W. Bush using torture - something previously unheard of before his Presidency. Try the spirits! Whatever things are lovely and pure ... think on these things.

Let's just put it this way, I REJECT the god that ETers promote. And I am not afraid to say so.
I know you reject Him.....you don't have to tell me that. We worship two different Gods. The god of UR is a false god who was created because people reject the true God of the Bible. The true God, Jesus Christ, will say, "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Your god wouldn't say, "Everyone who acknowledges me before others I will acknowledge before my heavenly Father. But whoever denies me before others, I will deny before my heavenly Father" because he is too loving to do that, right? My God will because He is not a liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2010, 09:47 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,031 posts, read 1,623,196 times
Reputation: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Ach! It's the tired, old "God can do whatever he wants to routine. This mentality explains why so many evangelical Christians had no problem with former president G.W. Bush using torture - something previously unheard of before his Presidency. Try the spirits! Whatever things are lovely and pure ... think on these things.

Let's just put it this way, I REJECT the god that ETers promote. And I am not afraid to say so.
I forgot to add that it truly amazes me that people think they can tell God, the creator of all things, how He needs to runs things. If He doesn't do what they say, they reject Him. He will reject you before His father. You can count on it.

BUT!!! It's not too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
 
22,850 posts, read 10,714,584 times
Reputation: 3851
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Love is not love at all if it's forced.
Oh the irony . . . coming from an ET'er!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2010, 09:52 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,031 posts, read 1,623,196 times
Reputation: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oh the irony . . . coming from an ET'er!
God will not force anyone to be with Him who doesn't want to. I've seen over the past few days multiple people saying they want nothing to do with "that" God. Well, He will grant that request.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top