U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 03:48 AM

180 posts, read 134,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He will have to cleanse your soul of the tarnish of your acceptance of ET as something that He could ever do. It blasphemes God's character and true nature as revealed by Jesus. It will not be pleasant.
Hello MysticPhD,

May I say something? I don't really like to get into this venue of discussion, as it always seems to turn out for the worst, and the edification of Christ is lost, but I couldn't help notice your interpretation on the revelation of Jesus' true nature. I have my Bible open in front of me, and after many years of diligent study of Jesus' true nature it is indeed love stretched out from God's holy tree, as Christ the BRANCH, and His desire for all mankind to come to Him in submissive union. Yet it is also very evidential, that Christ was very judgmental in His sermons to the Jews, where He took special care and attention to the condemnation of them, and specifically and personally, our denial in Him. He was very clear to His listeners about life after death, and who inherits it, and who doesn't. To be quite honest with you, most of His sermons were of the judicial nature, directed at His accusers and precisely what was going to happen to them when they would be judged, after they have gone and died naturally. Christ followed the same pattern as His predecessor. He began His ministry with love, but finished it with an iron rod. Thank you for taking the time in reading my response to you. God bless you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 03:53 AM

6,387 posts, read 2,769,396 times
The Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of sacrifice. Most Christians today are only interested in saving themselves from a boogeyman's hell that no one has seen.
When Christ begins to arise IN YOU, He will crush the Serpent IN YOU, the FLESH, with all of its lusts, pride, envy and selfishness.
It will happen in God's time, and until then, God is using the flesh, which is man's hell, to bring man to a place of need. Then the Spirit will begin to rise in man, the Son of Righteousness, who will truly set the man free.

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-22-2010, 04:00 AM

4,345 posts, read 3,682,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Then you came to realize that millions upon millions of people were lulled into a false sense of security, thinking they would not face God's eternal punishment due to the teachings of UR.
That's a good question. Of course, if I were not absolutely certain as to the "big picture" plan I wouldn't dare say anything that would possibly jeopardize one soul.

Yet I'm amazed how many Christian leaders who DO profess to believe in eternal torment (and believe they are influencing yea or nay decisions for or against Christ) are willing to do so much damage to the credibility of Christianity.

In the big city near me (San Antonio) the infidelities, lying and hypocrisies committed by high profile evangelicals has done great damage to the general public's view of the faith - so if you think God allows people's eternal destinies to be determined by other's bad decisions, believe me - there are a LOT bigger things to be concerned with than UR.

So, in your scenario, "Christianity" - with it's scandals and hypocrisies and failures to act would be responsible for the vast majority of souls in hell.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:16 AM

1,143 posts, read 933,505 times
if endless hell were true - heaven would be hell alike, imagine to spend eternity with a cosmic Hitler in a golden cage next beside a cosmic and everlasting Auschwitz, not a place where people are destroyed and cremated as if this wouldn't be bad enough, but a place where they are kept alive in the midst of the crematory for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever...and you'll see it or at least know it, now wouldn't this be hell alike?

I'm pretty sure the teaching of biblical universalism does prevent nobody from becoming a Christian, more likely the doctrine of endless hell does, even if it were true.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:19 AM

4,345 posts, read 3,682,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post

I'm pretty sure the teaching of biblical universalism does prevent nobody from becoming a Christian, more likely the doctrine of endless hell does, even if it were true.
It scares the hell into them

Old 07-22-2010, 04:37 AM

6,387 posts, read 2,769,396 times
They say that God "can't force Himself" on anyone, but He will "force hell on you if you don't change!!"

They say that God doesn't make man to be robots, but if you don't think, do and believe what He tells you to, then you will be punished forever!!

These are just some of the contradictions of a literal translation of the Scriptures.

Nowhere in the book of Acts, which should be a "testimony" of what the early church did, do we see people telling others to escape hell! N-O-W-H-E-R-E.

Peace,
brian

Old 07-22-2010, 05:55 AM

35,512 posts, read 12,715,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It's amazing how the ET God is the epitome of an abusor, telling the ones he's abusing that it's their fault, that they are disgusting and vile and a stench, laughing all the while. That's the picture Verna just painted of God in another thread. Seriously? I should love and trust this God?
Yes, you should.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Next time please provide a link to the posts you refer to. I do not remember reading any posts from Verna claiming God laughs while abuses people.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. God is perfect and He is the rule maker...not man! He is Holy and has every right to punish sinners. Universalists want to put God in a box. If he does something that they don't like than He isn't loving. Give me a break! God makes the rules not people!
Amen!

It hurts to see them question God, and paint Him unloving unless he does what they say.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-22-2010 at 06:12 AM..

Old 07-22-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I know you reject Him.....you don't have to tell me that. We worship two different Gods. The god of UR is a false god who was created because people reject the true God of the Bible. The true God, Jesus Christ, will say, "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Your god wouldn't say, "Everyone who acknowledges me before others I will acknowledge before my heavenly Father. But whoever denies me before others, I will deny before my heavenly Father" because he is too loving to do that, right? My God will because He is not a liar.
Amen again.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He will have to cleanse your soul of the tarnish of your acceptance of ET as something that He could ever do. It blasphemes God's character and true nature as revealed by Jesus. It will not be pleasant.
So, now you are the great judge who condemns others to punishment. Interesting.

Christ cleansed me the day I accepted Him as my Lord and saviour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity