Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 07:47 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,627,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
And so, according to your POV, what do you say about the little child who dies of an illness? He "had his chance?"
Quote:
Blessings,
brian
...I won't allow this age old "over-used" question to be used yet again in an attempt to justify living a life in unrepentant...un-born-again sin, without addressing it head on...

...(speaking to you as if you and I were in the same room)...Brian...look at me...in my face...in my eyes...and tell me with a straight face that you believe for one second that God would be anything less than loving and accepting of this child who He created with His very own hands? He judges on the light that child has...I would venture to say that God used that child to bring his/her family closer to Him...in prayer...in dependence...seeking His support...learning to trust in Him...no matter what...teaching them precious spiritual principles...bringing others close around them showing them the love of God...don't you know that sometimes it takes God using those we love the most in bringing us closer to Him...?

Does the child who dies in their illness have a chance?...Yes..they do Brian...God uses them (as He uses us all) for His purpose...for His glory...and now they sit upon His big warm lap...surrounded by His big loving, strong, secure, protective arms. Clearly...they were spared of this dark, wicked world..and jumped way ahead of any of us to a place (where most of us long to be someday) most precious.

In Christ's love...prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 07:54 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,338,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
[font=Georgia] ...I won't allow this age old "over-used" question to be used yet again in an attempt to justify living a life in unrepentant...un-born-again sin, without addressing it head on...

...(speaking to you as if you and I were in the same room)...Brian...look at me...in my face...in my eyes...and tell me with a straight face that you believe for one second that God would be anything less than loving and accepting of this child who He created with His very own hands? He judges on the light that child has...I would venture to say that God used that child to bring his/her family closer to Him...in prayer...in dependence...seeking His support...learning to trust in Him...no matter what...teaching them precious spiritual principles...bringing others close around them showing them the love of God...don't you know that sometimes it takes God using those we love the most in bringing us closer to Him...?

Does the child who dies in their illness have a chance?...Yes..they do Brian...God uses them (as He uses us all) for His purpose...for His glory...and now they sit upon His big warm lap...surrounded by His big loving, strong, secure, protective arms. Clearly...they were spared of this dark, wicked world..and jumped way ahead of any of us to a place (where most of us long to be someday) most precious.

Verna.
Verna,
I agree that they are loved by Him.
The question then becomes, wouldn't it be better if we ALL died at such a young age? After all, it's our eternal life that counts, isn't it??

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-22-2010, 08:23 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,627,883 times
Quote:
Verna,
I agree that they are loved by Him.
The question then becomes, wouldn't it be better if we ALL died at such a young age? After all, it's our eternal life that counts, isn't it??

Blessings,
brian
Brian...dear Brian...Obviously the hand you and I have been dealt did not include an illness that brought death to us as a child, praise be to God!...no...we have been dealt a hand that has allowed us to live out our days in health, in which we are expected to have the same powerful spiritual effect upon those around us as the effect that child had on those around him/her...do you understand what I am tryng to convey here..?

We should be suffering our flesh....we should be representing Jesus to those around us in our actions and in our words...in how we live our lives...it may not be the same suffering that the child in his/her illness had suffered..but suffering none the less.

Choosing God's will for our lives, over our own, is terribly hard...it is...it'll bring you to your knees on more than one occasion...guarenteed...the suffering of our flesh...God loves to smell the sweet aroma of our burning flesh...it is a sweet savor to Him...a living sacrifice to Him and His will for our lives...we must lay down our lives upon the altar of His grace and mercy to please Him Brian...what kind of chance do you think anyone would have in this world if we all just died an early death...not having spread the Good News! of Jesus Christ...IN TRUTH!...and IN SPIRIT!...? No...we re here to represent God...to be His mouthpiece...His hands...His arms...His feet...there are people out there who need people like us...but they do not need to be taught a lie...they need to be taught the truth...no matter what...and it is up to those who live for Him to do this...in His kind of love....not our kind....and this is the love of God...to keep His Commandments..and to teach others the same. We are here...livng for a reason...for a purpose...and it isn't to please ourselves Brian..it is to live for Him...and Him alone...in truth....and in Spirit...to honor Him...this is the only reason we were created...to Love Him....more than our lives.

I love you Brian.

Verna.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:50 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,338,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Brian...dear Brian...Obviously the hand you and I have been dealt did not include an illness that brought death to us as a child, praise be to God!...no...we have been dealt a hand that has allowed us to live out our days in health, in which we are expected to have the same powerful spiritual effect upon those around us as the effect that child had on those around him/her...do you understand what I am tryng to convey here..?

We should be suffering our flesh....we should be representing Jesus to those around us in our actions and in our words...in how we live our lives...it may not be the same suffering that the child in his/her illness had suffered..but suffering none the less.

Choosing God's will for our lives, over our own, is terribly hard...it is...it'll bring you to your knees on more than one occasion...guarenteed...the suffering of our flesh...God loves to smell the sweet aroma of our burning flesh...it is a sweet savor to Him...a living sacrifice to Him and His will for our lives...we must lay down our lives upon the altar of His grace and mercy to please Him Brian...what kind of chance do you think anyone would have in this world if we all just died an early death...not having spread the Good News! of Jesus Christ...IN TRUTH!...and IN SPIRIT!...? No...we re here to represent God...to be His mouthpiece...His hands...His arms...His feet...there are people out there who need people like us...but they do not need to be taught a lie...they need to be taught the truth...no matter what...and it is up to those who live for Him to do this...in His kind of love....not our kind....and this is the love of God...to keep His Commandments..and to teach others the same. We are here...livng for a reason...for a purpose...and it isn't to please ourselves Brian..it is to live for Him...and Him alone...in truth....and in Spirit...to honor Him...this is the only reason we were created...to Love Him....more than our lives.

I love you Brian.

Verna.
Hi Verna.

Yes, the flesh must be burned up by the Presence of God in us. May His Spirit be our Guide always!

Blessings and love to you too,
brian

Old 07-22-2010, 09:20 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,480,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
The God that I know is loving, longsuffering and merciful and He WILL have ALL to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth just like this scripture says:

1 Timothy 2:3-5

3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
"He will" only works if you go by the KJV.

NIV says: who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

NKJV says: who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Want or desires is different than "will". I have seen too many people use Elizabethain English to "prove" a doctrine. God is not going to will people into His kingdom, but He desires or wants people to come into his Kingdom

Old 07-22-2010, 09:22 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,480,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Scared sums it up: spirit-numbing, mind-warping fear and terror. I would never be able to truly trust a Being like that. I'd always be waiting for the other shoe to drop and the torment of knowing I would have to live with that fear and uncertainty for eternity would be hell.
I guess we can't trust Christ for our Salvation.

Or maybe you feel you can't trust Christ.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:26 AM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

NIV says: who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

NKJV says: who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Want or desires is different than "will". I have seen too many people use Elizabethain English to "prove" a doctrine. God is not going to will people into His kingdom, but He desires or wants people to come into his Kingdom
"It is my desire" is same as "it is my will".

Old 07-22-2010, 09:54 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,576,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

Have you ever read or seen where God does not get what he wills, wants or desires? That's a big NO.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:14 AM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Have you ever read or seen where God does not get what he wills, wants or desires? That's a big NO.
Then must have really desired for everyone to sin so he could drown mankind in the flood. All except Noah's crew of course.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:21 AM

180 posts, read 261,559 times
Quote:
Hello Ilene Wright,

It appears your assessment of what God wants, wills and desires in the Bible is incorrect. It is very important that you are well versed in many of the areas before you consider engaging in a lengthy debate such as the one between UR and ET. But to answer your question, there are many places where God did not get what He wanted. For starters you and your sin. Also, to be grammatically in unison with I Tim 2:4, which Is what you both seem to be referring to, take a look at the Jews in Matt 23.

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, [thou] that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under [her] wings, and ye would not!

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

God bless you in your studies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity