Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2010, 02:22 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!! No, now it's 2 questions:

"Without faith it is impossible to please God."
Now some are telling me that if you don't have faith, God will not accept you.

1) So what happens to all the Christians who die and stand before the Lord? Since they will see the Lord plainly, will they be sent to hell for not having faith?
and
2) If all that is necessary to "go to heaven" is to believe in Jesus Christ, then what was the point in Him coming to save mankind?

Blessings to all,
brian

Last edited by ahigherway; 07-22-2010 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: added a question!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 02:35 PM

32 posts, read 36,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi everyone!!

So what happens to all the Christians who die and stand before the Lord? Since they will see the Lord plainly, will they be sent to hell for not having faith?

Blessings to all,
brian
The way I see it, don't quote me, but I think that if you don't faith in the Lord, you really don't have anything and there's no real reason as to why you pray or read the bible or attend church or do any of the good works you do for him. You don't have true faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, what do you have faith in? It doesn't make sense to me. Do I think they will be sent to hell? Personally I don't think so. Because the bible says he will also judge man by their works. But I think that only applies to a select few. The ones who didn't really reject the salvation but never fully accepted it either because they had no faith. Basically the unsure. I think they are the ones who are judged by their works. That's just my $0.02.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:46 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,884,530 times
Quote:

1) So what happens to all the Christians who die and stand before the Lord? Since they will see the Lord plainly, will they be sent to hell for not having faith?
and
2) If all that is necessary to "go to heaven" is to believe in Jesus Christ, then what was the point in Him coming to save mankind?

Blessings to all,
brian

1. Why would they be "sent to hell", if they are Christians? Isn't avoiding hell one of the reasons we become a Christian? If their faith is not what it should be, then perhaps they will suffer some sort of chiding, or lack of reward.

2. I think it is a little more complex than simply "believing in Jesus Christ", because even Satan and all the devils believe Jesus exists, but they are not saved. I think it means believing, and acting, on everything Jesus said. You either believe what He said, or you don't. If you believe what He said, then you will (eventually) do His commandments...it's pretty simple. (not easy, but simple) Faith without works is dead. I sure wouldn't want to be standing before Jesus with dead faith...

A good question to ask ourselves: what are we doing with the faith He has given us? If you are not doing anything at all, then do you really have faith? (everyone's faith is not the same...we all vary to some degree) No, the "works" don't save you, but they are a result of you're getting saved: you will naturally produce works (or fruit), if you are saved. If a tree produces no fruit at all, ever, then it is dead. (the faith is dead=produces nothing) A tree is always known by the fruit it produces.

2. It was necessary for Jesus to come to save mankind (on the cross), because...as it is written: "without the shedding of blood (Jesus' blood, in this case) there is no remission of sin". If He had not come, then there would not be remission of our sin...because there was NO spotless, blameless, worthy "sacrificial lamb" to be found anywhere...except for Jesus...He was the only one worthy...

Just "IMO"...

Bud

Old 07-22-2010, 03:59 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
At believers conversion all are given a measure of faith, it is the love and gift of God for all who believe. .. The Lord God knows that all the believer will have their faith challenged by the spirit of this World and God will encourage his Believer to believe with faith.......... Jesus came to save mankind because before he came heaven was empty and no one was saved apart of those who where in Abraham bosom realm waiting for Jesus to come.....The devil had almost full reign over the earth. and Jesus came a usurp him or up rooted his authority over the earth so God could have children which he planned from the beginning. so we must believe in Lord Jesus to accept his authority over our lives and in so reject the devils authority from our past as we are lost to the Lord before our conversion.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:34 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,491 times
Quote:

and

Blessings to all,
brian
#1. Don't understand your question. One must have faith in Jesus Christ to even become a Christian, so how could they "not have faith?"

#2. The point was to reconcile mankind back to his creator, after sin entered the world. There is always a price for sin. Jesus Christ paid that price for us, and if we believe that He is who He said He was, then we will get to be with Him, i.e., reconciled. In the meantime, hopefully the trials of this life will help develop Godly character in us, so that when we get to heaven, we will be able to do whatever He wants us to do, and I do believe we will have jobs, i.e., things to manage there.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:00 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Hi all,
Well, my questions are only rhetorical, just to discuss some of what we hold to be true, and filter out what might not be.
The first part of the OP asks, if faith is all that is necessary to please God, then what happens when we stand before Him? If we are standing before Him, we see Him, and faith is no longer necessary. And no, I don't believe people will be sent to hell because they see Him.
What we can infer here, though, is that faith will reach an end. When we see Him, faith will no longer be necessary.

The second question was to simply say this: if all that is necessary for us to do is to believe in Jesus, then there would be no point in His coming to save the world! God could've said, "believe that Jesus exists, and that's it." No need for a Saviour who would actually come to dwell among us.
Obviously He came for many reasons, and so we see that believing is vital, but is only a part of what we must do.

Blessings to all,
brian

Old 07-25-2010, 09:09 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:

and

Blessings to all,
brian
Faith can only come from the soul. It is only felt there and it is not of the mind. Any person who says they have faith yet do not feel it in their soul, does not have faith. It can only come from a soul longing. It can only come from the posession of Divine Love. Without Divine Love, faith cannot be felt. It has nothing to do with a belief in a man or even God for that matter. It is of the soul since the soul is the real you. Being Christian also has nothing to do with it as God does not pick one religion over another. He has no concern for that. His concern is only Love and if we have it in our souls. Even if we don't have faith, we still please God because we are all His children. Would anyone in their right mind not be pleased with their own children no matter what they become? God is Love and Love just IS.

What is necessary for the Kingdom of God, Heaven, is Divine Love. DL is God's very essence and without It, one cannot stand in His presence. A belief in Jesus as a man will not get it but the belief in what He taught, will. He taught the way to the Kingdom yet we see so many relying on just the mere fact that He came to earth. His way of Divine Love is the only way into the Kingdom of God. He is the way through His teachings and not because He existed.

Jesus did not come to save mankind. He came here to bring peace and the realization that we all belong to the same God and that there is only one. He came also to rebestow Divine Love since it was lost to our first parents. That was His only mission. Nothing else matters. We are all connected to the one Source of all. God. We are all capable of becoming Divine beings on earth or heaven just as Jesus did in His own lifetime. If He can do it, there is no reason wy no one else can. We are all God's children and created equal. God does not put any of children above another. Jesus just happened to be the first to become fully Divine while on earth. A gift that was forfeited with our first parents.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:41 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,108 times
Quote:

No. This is why judgment must fall on the House of God first at the pre tribulational rapture event. The ones without faith will become the vessels unto dishonour in His House.

Quote:
To reconcile us back into that relationship with God through Jesus Christ since sin seperated us from God: God has provided a way back to Himself in the land of the living so that those that seek Him will be drawn by Him unto the Son to call on Him to be saved since the wages of sin is death.

Those that prefer their evil deeds rather than come to Jesus to be reproved of them are like those that are poisoned, but prefer the symptons of the poison and would rather die in that poisoned state.

Sin and death has to be dealt with and in order to have His seal to be adopted as His, one has to call upon the name of the Lord to be saved and thus saved from the wages of sin which is death... the second death.

Now is the time of salvation as the name given under the heavens to be saved is for the land of the living to act upon now that He has risen.

As for the charge of extortion: if one believes they will only burn for a little while in hell: then how is that not seen as extortion as well?

Evil exists and God promised that evil, sin, and death shall be dealt with once and for all as those that believe in Jesus Christ will have the assurance that nothing will seperate us ever again at the last day.

Since judgment will fall on the House of God first to restore the foolish virgins and the prodigal sons that have His seal to the path of righteousness for His name's sake: thus becoming vessels unto dishonour in His House forever: and as such will need a miracle from God to get past that loss by wiping away the tears from their eyes because there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth as Esau did wept giving up his birthright for a meal.... then what will become of those that obey not the gosple of grace if there are eternal judgments within His own House?

2 Timothy 2:18Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 22Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

1 Peter 4:17For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

The eternal judgment regarding the lost that die without Christ is not looking good for any sinner to put off calling on the Lord to be saved.

And so the call to every believer is this:

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 John 5: 1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous....

1 John 3: 22And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 John 5: 4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Jude 1:24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:22 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,252,328 times
As you quoted, Brian, the Bible says, "Without faith it is impossible to please God." I want to answer you before I read what others have written, because I want to write what I believe is the truth, without being influenced.

Quote:
What many do not realize is that faith in G-d is a gift from G-d -- not sometimes, but always.

Faith is not a warm, fuzzy feeling. It is not the idea that if I believe hard enough, I will influence G-d for something I want. Believing for something is only the proverbial "tip" of faith's "iceberg."

True faith in G-d is how we live day by day, minute by minute. If one has faith, that faith will be demonstrated by what they do. If one is not living in faith, that one has no faith.

Faith in G-d is, first of all, a gift from G-d the Father that causes me to "walk" His path, to live His way, to be His child.

Quote:
If, by "Christian," you intend one who believes G-d and lives according to their knowledge of Him, when they stand before the L-rd, they will stand in faith, because they will have lived in faith.

Quote:
Throughout the first Scriptures, faith in G-d is always related to worship of Him, and faith includes how we live, with the goal of being all we can be here and now. We do not have to worry about the Eternal because the Eternal is then guaranteed.

Let me say it another way. The devils believe in G-d, and they tremble. The Bible says so in James 2:19. I would say: big deal that they believe. But the human who truly believes in G-d lives according to all they understand is right before Him. That is faith, and that is the difference.

I would add that those who live in faith also hunger to learn more about Him so that they can learn to please Him more.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:22 PM

309 posts, read 363,100 times
Quote:
Hi all,
Well, my questions are only rhetorical, just to discuss some of what we hold to be true, and filter out what might not be.
The first part of the OP asks, if faith is all that is necessary to please God, then what happens when we stand before Him? If we are standing before Him, we see Him, and faith is no longer necessary. And no, I don't believe people will be sent to hell because they see Him.
What we can infer here, though, is that faith will reach an end. When we see Him, faith will no longer be necessary.

The second question was to simply say this: if all that is necessary for us to do is to believe in Jesus, then there would be no point in His coming to save the world! God could've said, "believe that Jesus exists, and that's it." No need for a Saviour who would actually come to dwell among us.
Obviously He came for many reasons, and so we see that believing is vital, but is only a part of what we must do.

Blessings to all,
brian
Yep....you are correct Brian. The definition for Faith is in the scriptures...

Heb 11:1 Now faith IS (equals =) the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

So therefore, as you know I have said before....

"When we are finally WITH this Lord, there will be NO more Faith and NO more Hope, for Faith has brought us to where we had Hoped to be."

Once the Mystery is done and Christ (Truth) is standing right in front of our face. We will No longer have to Hope for Him any more.

Rom 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Faith, Hope, and Love....The greatest of these is "Love". So when Faith and Hope are NO more, what are we left with, or quite possibly, what are we left AS.

***LOVE***

Beautiful thing.

Good Post Brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity