Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 10:29 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well how the heck did God ever come to love you Verna if he hates sinners ? i take it you was a sinner before you was a believer ? , or have you been a believer from the day you was conceived and this is how you justify this hateful god you believe in ?.

A very simple sentence would suffice to answer these 3 very simple questions.
Astonishing, just astonishing what people are telling the world about God! Frustrating as well, I might add. Sheesh! I can see why Jesus was so angry with those dang stiff-necked Pharisees - they are enough to drive a person bonkers! Experts at the law and knowledge of the scriptures, ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Sigh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
How many LITERAL false prophets have been on TBN and in all of the churches all over the world?

Do you know what happens to false prophets?

Babylon.

Too many! All men are liars! So to answer the question posed in the original post, I am going to believe God.

Romans 3: 3-4 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:48 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Too many! All men are liars! So to answer the question posed in the original post, I am going to believe God.

Romans 3: 3-4 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Me, too!

Old 07-25-2010, 11:20 PM

Herer4Now wrote:
Quote:
Sorry. I guess what I mean is that the Jews did not BELIEVE that anybody else was going to be reconciled even though they were told. See the last part of this post.
Yes, and ironically, the Christians at the close of this age are making the same wrong assumption that the Jews made when he first appeared to them. Some have forgotten that warning about boasting and think they are "exclusive" is the best word I can come up with to describe the attitude that creeps into people. Just a little bit of leaven will make the whole lump rise up! The Master Baker is going to have to do the big smack down of the puffed up loaf

Old 07-25-2010, 11:43 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Herer4Now wrote:

Yes, and ironically, the Christians at the close of this age are making the same wrong assumption that the Jews made when he first appeared to them. Some have forgotten that warning about boasting and think they are "exclusive" is the best word I can come up with to describe the attitude that creeps into people. Just a little bit of leaven will make the whole lump rise up! The Master Baker is going to have to do the big smack down of the puffed up loaf
Smack-down on the puffed loaf. Sounds messy. And I never thought of God as the Master Baker, before. Now I have an image of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man/WWF in my mind for some reason. I hope God is kinder than both. Well, the Stay Puft wasn't really up to anything bad.

Last edited by herefornow; 07-25-2010 at 11:53 PM..

Old 07-26-2010, 09:19 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Its strange how your heart and conscience disagree with what you have been programmed to believe, yet you trust the traditions of men and the translations that support those traditions more than you trust your own conscience and heart. You believe something that you hope isnt true. That means you dont really have faith in what you believe about these things, because faith is the substance of things hoped for ...

You hit the nail on the head there Iron, and I bet there are a lot more out there just like Hotin

Old 07-26-2010, 10:10 AM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post

You hit the nail on the head there Iron, and I bet there are a lot more out there just like Hotin
Amen. They apparently do not believe that Jesus abides with us, that God has "written in our hearts" and they reject the promptings of the Holy Spirit within that is the source of the conflicting feelings about the evil of ET or annihilation . . . and instead follow the "precepts and doctrines of men."

Old 07-26-2010, 10:22 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Astonishing, just astonishing what people are telling the world about God! Frustrating as well, I might add. Sheesh! I can see why Jesus was so angry with those dang stiff-necked Pharisees - they are enough to drive a person bonkers! Experts at the law and knowledge of the scriptures, ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Sigh...
Yes it is astonishing Heartsong .

Old 07-26-2010, 10:23 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
The Master Baker is going to have to do the big smack down of the puffed up loaf
Puffed wheat? Cocao Puffs? Air-puffed marshmallows? (Had some this weekend, yum!)
Can someone mail me some graham crackers for smores? We don't have those in Italy..

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-26-2010, 10:39 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Puffed wheat? Cocao Puffs? Air-puffed marshmallows? (Had some this weekend, yum!)
Can someone mail me some graham crackers for smores? We don't have those in Italy..

Blessings,
brian
Honey Graham Crackers Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity