Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 10:19 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times

Advertisements

Isaiah 45:22-23
22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. 23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Romans 14:11
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Philippians 2:9-11
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

What does it mean to bow the knee?

The Greek word for bow is kampto.

Kempto is always used for religious veneration.

Thus, EVERY knee shall bow in religious veneration and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of the Father.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 10:24 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
I agree .....

Old 07-23-2010, 02:54 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
They say that God doesn't force Himself on anyone. I agree.
So something Awesome has to take place for all to be praising Him!!!!

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-23-2010, 03:29 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. 23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Thus, EVERY knee shall bow in religious veneration and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of the Father.
G2578
κάμπτω
kamptō
kamp'-to
Apparently a primary verb; to bend: - bow.

H3766
כּרע
kâra‛
kaw-rah'
A primitive root; to bend the knee; by implication to sink, to prostrate: - bow (down, self), bring down (low), cast down, couch, fall, feeble, kneeling, sink, smite (stoop) down, subdue, X very.

Where does it say used only for religious veneration?...Do you really thimk people are that stupid that they won't research out what someone claims?...

Old 07-23-2010, 05:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:

It talks about judgement. Read on in Isaiah.

By myself I have sworn,
my mouth has uttered in all integrity
a word that will not be revoked:
Before me every knee will bow;
by me every tongue will swear.

24 They will say of me, 'In the LORD alone
are righteousness and strength.' "
All who have raged against him
will come to him and be put to shame. 25 But in the LORD all the descendants of Israel
will be found righteous and will exult.

and Romans: For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. 11It is written:
" 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will confess to God

And you know what happens at God's judgement, don't you? The sheep are separated from the goats, and Lord Jesus will declare :

"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Old 07-23-2010, 06:08 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
They say that God doesn't force Himself on anyone. I agree.
So something Awesome has to take place for all to be praising Him!!!!

Blessings,
brian
Amen!!

Old 07-23-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
G2578
κάμπτω
kamptō
kamp'-to
Apparently a primary verb; to bend: - bow.

H3766
כּרע
kâra‛
kaw-rah'
A primitive root; to bend the knee; by implication to sink, to prostrate: - bow (down, self), bring down (low), cast down, couch, fall, feeble, kneeling, sink, smite (stoop) down, subdue, X very.

Where does it say used only for religious veneration?...Do you really thimk people are that stupid that they won't research out what someone claims?...
Do you really think I am stupid enough to put a definition in a thread without having searched it out?

2578 kampto { kamp’-to}

apparently a primary verb; TDNT - 3:594,413; v

AV - bow 4; 4

GK - 2828 { kavmptw }

1) to bend, bow, the knee (the knees)
1a) to one
1a1) in honour of one
1a2) in religious veneration
1b) used of worshippers
2) to bow one’s self
Enhanced Strong’s Lexicon, (Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.) 1995.

kampto (2578), “to bend,” is used especially of bending the knees in religious veneration, Rom. 11:4; 14:11; Eph. 3:14; Phil. 2:10.¶

W.E. Vine, Merrill F. Unger and William White, Vine’s complete expository dictionary of Old and New Testament words [computer file], electronic ed., Logos Library System, (Nashville: Thomas Nelson) 1997, c1996.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It talks about judgement. Read on in Isaiah.

By myself I have sworn,
my mouth has uttered in all integrity
a word that will not be revoked:
Before me every knee will bow;
by me every tongue will swear.

24 They will say of me, 'In the LORD alone
are righteousness and strength.' "
All who have raged against him
will come to him and be put to shame. 25 But in the LORD all the descendants of Israel
will be found righteous and will exult.

and Romans: For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. 11It is written:
" 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will confess to God

And you know what happens at God's judgement, don't you? The sheep are separated from the goats, and Lord Jesus will declare :

"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
Yes it speaks of Judgment and ALL of Gods judgments are CORRECTIVE in nature, thus every knee will worship Him in religious veneration.

So maybe you or Richard can explain how people who worship God in religious veneration are eternally torment or annihilated.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Yes it speaks of Judgment and ALL of Gods judgments are CORRECTIVE in nature, thus every knee will worship Him in religious veneration.

So maybe you or Richard can explain how people who worship God in religious veneration are eternally torment or annihilated.
Even the criminals in court stand up to hear the sentence to honor the judge when they are sentenced to prison or even death?

Old 07-23-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Even the criminals in court stand up to hear the sentence to honor the judge when they are sentenced to prison or even death?
But do they bow in religious veneration? is your religious veneration somehow different then theirs?

And criminals don't stand up to honor the judge, they stand up in defience to the judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity