U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-24-2010, 01:57 PM
 
1,745 posts, read 1,710,149 times
Reputation: 929

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
There are still a great number of extremely stupid, that are exclusively christian that will say he is Muslim. Again religious hatred trumps reason, logic, and the facts.
Which is irrelevant anyway since a Muslim citizen is just as capable of being President as a Christian.

 
Old 07-24-2010, 02:02 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 22,875,994 times
Reputation: 8230
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Which is irrelevant anyway since a Muslim citizen is just as capable of being President as a Christian.
But don't you know that the majority of the christians would love to amend the Constitution so that you must be a christian to become president.
 
Old 07-24-2010, 02:04 PM
 
1,745 posts, read 1,710,149 times
Reputation: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Icebaby! View Post
That doesn't make any sense!! If America was never a Christian nation than 80% of us wouldn't be!! You only make up 5% of the population and you people swear your bigger than you are!!
The same percentage is white, but I don't think you would call this a white nation. This country isn't defined by the religion of its citizens any more than it is by what flavor of ice cream they prefer.

Quote:
Our currency says In God we trust. Remember that!
Only because right wing Christian theocrats (terrorists of the American Taliban)) hijacked our legitimate national motto, our money and the pledge of allegiance in the mid to late 1950's, using McCarthyist scare tactics.

Our legitimate national motto (as per the FOUNDING FATHERS) is E PLURIBUS UNUM, by the way.
 
Old 07-24-2010, 02:08 PM
 
1,745 posts, read 1,710,149 times
Reputation: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Icebaby! View Post
Do you realize you are disrespecting and demeaning more than 70 million Americans?!
Christians do the same every day without batting an eye..


Quote:
Fear and brainwashing?! If that was the case, we would all be Atheist by now! But most of us have something called faith. Something you would not understand!
Ahh but most of us are recovered Christians. And we understand perfectly! Faith is believing what you know isn't true.
 
Old 07-24-2010, 02:12 PM
 
1,745 posts, read 1,710,149 times
Reputation: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
But don't you know that the majority of the christians would love to amend the Constitution so that you must be a christian to become president.

You better believe it!

The Raw Story | Huckabee: Amend Constitution to be in 'God's standards'
 
Old 07-24-2010, 02:24 PM
 
1,745 posts, read 1,710,149 times
Reputation: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
This nation was never an athiest nation either.

The difference between the two is obvious.

An athiest nation will take away freedom.

A christian nation as "unofficially" as in not by letter but by spirit: would grant liberty.

ROFL!

What are you smoking? This country was FOUNDED by people FLEEING from CHRISTIAN nations. Founded by wise DEIST men who knew well that nations with governments intermixed with religion can not be free!

There is NOTHING in the Bible or Christianity that leads to or is responsible for the democracy, civil rights and freedoms we enjoy in this country. NOTHING.


Quote:
Course, atheism is running amok in science, taking away academic freedom in the pursuit of science by risk of consequences for pursuing Intelligent Design theory.
Intelligent Design isn't a scientific theory. It is Biblical creationism in a cheap suit and has no business in schools much less science classes.


Quote:
And in the Monkey's Scopes Trail.. the real one.. not the "lying" Hollywood version: where in the real trial, evolution theory was proven false and yet academic freedom allowed it to continue to be pursued in the field of science.
Too bad evolution has been proven a fact by 150 years of research and mountains of irrefutable evidence. ALL scientific fields support and confirm it.


Quote:
That's christian liberty.
No, that's Christian denialism and revisionism - what you all are best at.

Quote:
But hey: as the freedoms keep being taken away: will the athiests be scratching their heads when this nation becomes a socialist or a communist nation? Probably not.
Perhaps YOU will be scratching your head when the nation becomes a Christian theocracy and you are found to be a "false Christian" by the inquisitors of the true faith.
 
Old 07-24-2010, 02:25 PM
 
Location: In God's Hand
1,315 posts, read 1,449,780 times
Reputation: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Bluntly that is the most stupid statement I've seen here today. Your ignorance of what Atheists believe is simply staggering.

Atheism is freedom, and we don't hold weekly meeting being told who we must hate. Atheists did not bring slaves to this country and treat them like animals, christians did.
Sticks and stones....

Feel free to visit China or Russia sometimes.

Granted: there are different kinds of athiests so in truth: you and I cannot speak for all athiests.

And contrary to your impulsive rant:

Believers are told to hate the sin and love the sinner.

Quote:
  • Atheists don't view the female as a inferior and that they must be subservient to the male, christians do that.
  • Atheists don't view gays with hatred and strive to enact this hatred into laws of this nation, christians do that.
  • Atheists don't pass laws based purely on the hokus pokus of their belief system in some deity, christians do that.
  • Atheists don't start wars because they feel their deity has been insulted, christians do that.
  • Atheists have never drowned their children in the bathtub because god told them to, christians do that.
  • Atheists have never gone to the polls to vote their hatred into law discriminating against others, (Prop 8, California 2008), christians do that.
  • Atheists don't rewrite history books because a prominent figure in US history was Atheist. (Texas, 2010), christians do that.
  • Atheists didn't burn people believed (incorrectly) to be witches at the stake, christians do that.
Interesting bullet points:

Point #1: Try leading a feminist in a dance. Have you heard the women's rant lately? They criticized the men for procrastination and taking a backseat, but yet they want to rule over the men. When they are indecisive, they ask the men for their honest opinion, and immediately choose the latter as if that opinion was valued at all.

The point #1 is about respect: and for men to be leaders: by which you are neglecting the point of their duty is to love their wives as Christ loves the church in giving up his life for her. So the man is to please the wife but as if serving Christ as the woman is to respect the husband as serving Christ. If the husband is sinning, she is not serving Christ by being silent. This is not meaning the women is to rule over the man in that he is to please her at every beck and call, but the man is to be led by Christ in pleasing the wife and knowing his limitation in pleasing her.

Point #2: Gays are not to be hated: homosexuality is to be hated. Love the sinner but hate the sin. But of course, speaking against their lifestyle as sin and warning of God's judgment, some people would take that as hate speech.

It is not hate speech.

Point #3. That is why you have liberty and freedom in this nation.

Point #4. What you had stated is a bull face lie. Name one war in which the USA has engaged in because some nation insulted Our God?

If you are going to contend that this is not a christain nation, then by stating this: you are acting as if it is. There is a seperation of church and state. It means the government will not represent the christian faith in the sense that it will defend it or war for it BUT there is liberty that is obviously based on christian values in spirit to permit the freedom of speech and the freedom of religion.

However, try telling that to a theocracy running in an Islamic country. They call it a democracy, but it is not. It is a theocracy.

On Point #5. Oh please. Referenced the mentally ill, why don't you? Seen any reports on an athiest doing the same thing? Course, not. Cause you are not looking.

On Point #6. Christians would not have bothered to go to the polls if the homosexuals were not mocking the basis of what a marriage is in the eyes of God and this nation. Granted, the legal wrangling continues as they are legalizing marriage to same sex genders in other states, but I guarantee you that God is not joining them together: man is, and it is still not a marriage in God's eyes.

You really think that if man married an animal that it is a valid marriage?

Marriage is between a man and a woman so that they can become one flesh. There is no "one flesh" in same sex marriages.

On Point #7 Since you are misapplying the quote from George Washington, you will have to referenced that vague point more specifically. It is hardly a common practise you are referring to, irregardless.

As for athiest rewriting history books: they are already indirectly rewriting the Bible by supporting same sex marriages by its legalizing in the states.

Athiests are imposing their beliefs on others that believe in God to restrict them of their freedom of speech, religion, and academic pursuits in the field of science.

On Point #8: Name the last burning of a witch at a stake, and I'll point you to the crime of the unborn being slaughtered still. They would say it is a fetus: wow. A cop out by use of the evolution theory. Granted, atheism is seperate from the evolution theory, but the evolution theory has created atheists and they do support it in defense of their beliefs.

Feel free to research Nazism and how the evolution theory is the basis for it. What's the point? As there are different kinds of atheists, you are going to have different kinds of followings because of it.

Next time you point to a "christian" committing a heinous act, just be sure that finger isn't going to point back at the athiests for what they are actively and progressively doing in the present. If you are going to make a point as exclusively christian, the athiests had better not be doing the same thing...otherwise your point is lost in making it exclusively christian.

Just as you would defend atheism as saying not all athiests do this or believe in that way so can I say that in regards to christians in defense of the faith in christianity:
 
Old 07-24-2010, 02:40 PM
 
34,715 posts, read 22,529,941 times
Reputation: 5598
To the OP: If God did care . . . it would be that there NOT be a public day of prayer. Prayer is personal and private between each individual and God, period.
 
Old 07-24-2010, 03:00 PM
 
Location: In God's Hand
1,315 posts, read 1,449,780 times
Reputation: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
ROFL!

What are you smoking? This country was FOUNDED by people FLEEING from CHRISTIAN nations. Founded by wise DEIST men who knew well that nations with governments intermixed with religion can not be free!
I do not smoke, but cute metaphor for deflection.

Thanks for bringing the topic to the floor as this will prove how athiests are rewriting history as well.

Answering the Charge That George Washington was a Deist « Sword At-The-Ready

Quote:
There is NOTHING in the Bible or Christianity that leads to or is responsible for the democracy, civil rights and freedoms we enjoy in this country. NOTHING.
Is that you wanting this to be true or what? I can see the liberty provided by the spirit of the forefathers as christian: there is no liberty in atheism: proof? Look at Russia and China.

Quote:
Intelligent Design isn't a scientific theory. It is Biblical creationism in a cheap suit and has no business in schools much less science classes.
Hah! That is the whole basis for academic freedom in the field of science is to prove or disprove the hypothesis! So you believe it is a right for athiests to impose their beliefs and views in the field of science!!!!!!

Quote:
Too bad evolution has been proven a fact by 150 years of research and mountains of irrefutable evidence. ALL scientific fields support and confirm it.
Hah! Again!! I can read those reports quite well, thank you. A conjecture is a conjecture. A speculation is not a fact. You do not build a hypothesis on top of another hypothesis and leave it at that as if you had just proven it when none of those hypothesis were proven!! Talk about spinning a fairy tale.

Quote:
No, that's Christian denialism and revisionism - what you all are best at.
Did you go to that site by the link provided?

How about this? Science proved that the fetuses drawings are false: as in fake. Yet, it is still contained in the science books and still referred to by posters on the internet at other forums as being true. Course, some will admit to this being false while most will live in denial, rationalizing it as why it is still in the textbooks as in making up "intelligent excuses", but the fact remains: there are alot of misrepresentation regarding facts.

Quote:
Perhaps YOU will be scratching your head when the nation becomes a Christian theocracy and you are found to be a "false Christian" by the inquisitors of the true faith.
Actually, when athiests keep trying to take away freedom of speech and freedom of religion, this nation runs the risk of causing the flip side of the coin to occur in causing those that stand up in defense of those liberties in going beyond the liberty to imposing those beliefs on others.

But as it is: the true faith is gone from the churches of this nation in such a way that only a few will find it.

So pat yourself on the back for your flamboyancy and flippancy in defense of atheism as proof for why God is coming to judge the earth whethor the athiests believe in Him or not.
 
Old 07-24-2010, 03:17 PM
 
1,745 posts, read 1,710,149 times
Reputation: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Sticks and stones....
Point #2: Gays are not to be hated: homosexuality is to be hated. Love the sinner but hate the sin. But of course, speaking against their lifestyle as sin and warning of God's judgment, some people would take that as hate speech.

It is not hate speech.
The will of your god only applies to you and the rest who choose to follow him.

BTW, being gay isn't a lifestyle any more than having blue eyes is. And yes, speaking against gays is indeed hate speech just as speaking against those of different skin color is.


Quote:
Point #3. That is why you have liberty and freedom in this nation.
We have liberty and freedom in this nation because of laws based on secular ideals and principles, NOT your Bible or your god.


Quote:
If you are going to contend that this is not a christain nation, then by stating this: you are acting as if it is. There is a seperation of church and state. It means the government will not represent the christian faith in the sense that it will defend it or war for it BUT there is liberty that is obviously based on christian values in spirit to permit the freedom of speech and the freedom of religion.
Freedom of speech and freedom of religion are NOT Christian values. They are not Biblical values, nor are they even your god's values.


Quote:
However, try telling that to a theocracy running in an Islamic country. They call it a democracy, but it is not. It is a theocracy.
And it would be the same if it were a Christian "democracy".

Quote:
On Point #6. Christians would not have bothered to go to the polls if the homosexuals were not mocking the basis of what a marriage is in the eyes of God and this nation.
In the eyes of who's god? My God says same sex marriages are fine. Other people's Gods say that marriage between a man and multiple wives is ok. But last time I checked, neither your god nor anyone else's calls the shots in this country. See: separation of church and state.

Quote:
Granted, the legal wrangling continues as they are legalizing marriage to same sex genders in other states, but I guarantee you that God is not joining them together: man is, and it is still not a marriage in God's eyes.
Again, WHO'S God? Speak for your own deity. Your god doesn't dictate what marriage is.

Quote:
You really think that if man married an animal that it is a valid marriage?
Non-sequitur strawman.


Quote:
Marriage is between a man and a woman so that they can become one flesh. There is no "one flesh" in same sex marriages.
Says who?


Quote:
As for athiest rewriting history books: they are already indirectly rewriting the Bible by supporting same sex marriages by its legalizing in the states.
Giving citizens of a secular country the rights they deserve isn't rewriting your favorite fantasy novel one bit, as this nation's laws are neither governed or dictated by it.


Quote:
Athiests are imposing their beliefs on others that believe in God to restrict them of their freedom of speech, religion, and academic pursuits in the field of science.
I hate to burst your bubble but atheists aren't the only ones who uphold and believe in the secular principles this nation was founded upon, nor are they the only ones who fight to defend the standards of legitimate science.

Most Christians do accept the facts of an ancient earth and evolution, BTW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top