Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 05:57 PM

11,713 posts, read 3,589,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Meerkat i do not have all the answers there are many posters on here this forum who i look up to and thank God for who have much more than i could ever offer. I know you have issues with me , i vaguelly remember you saying similar stuff to me in the past,maybe you offend real easy and this is the issue ?.

There are many posters on here who post very similar posts to what i do , but i do not see you calling them out , maybe its just me .

What i do have is confidence in a God who loves me , regardless of what i see in my own flesh , maybe my confidence is being misunderstood , it's actually the same confidence i had when i believed in ET.
pcamps ... I do not have issues with you personally but what I am just trying to bring to the front is for everyone on all sides of the debate need to look at what they say how it is taken by those who are reading what they say .... you, me, ....... everybody

I agree with you that the doctrine of ET is evil but you seem to come across as saying that fundamental christianity is evil -- there is both good and evil in all of the religion of christianity a lot of christians who identify themselves as fundamental are good and loving people, they just have not thought out all of the different layers that are in the scriptures ......

Sorry if I have offended you .... it is not really intended as a criticism of you personally it was more using your post which twin took exception to, and trying to see if there is a way of getting any fruit of the spirit going and maybe understanding of how other people take what we post..............

Last edited by Meerkat2; 07-25-2010 at 06:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Yes. Layers. Okay. Thanks for the explanation.
Yes ...... layers

Old 07-25-2010, 06:43 PM

309 posts, read 361,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Its not about coming to a specific conclusion on the debate. That will not happen until Christ himself returns and brings the conclusion himself.

It is about a using the forum to spread the doctrine. UR has been kept secret from the mass population for nearly 1700 years and now the word is getting out. I realize some people hate the fact that it is but there is nothing you or anyone else can do to stop it. Even if City-Data banned the debate of ET, UR, And Annihilation, there would be another place that would fill in the gap. City-Data would just lose much of its traffic ...
Yes...to gain ONE would be worth it (Pssst.....Hi Ilene), but to know the "consummation" of ALL is a beautiful thing. We say nothing to the Reconciled none other then "BE ye reconciled"!!

I do wish the bad attacks would end though. There is a nice way and a mean way to say anything. I am working on not being so mean and sarcastic on here anymore (Thank you Jerimiah!!). I truly do Love all of you, no matter what you believe.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:50 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,175,677 times
Quote:
Herefornow God knows your heart . He knows you know what this system has done to multitudes through the years, and has no issues with you speaking out against the system that controls it's own people under it's influence.

Keep blowing the trumpet and sounding the alarm

It is very frustrating when you repeat the same thing over and over and people reply with, "you haven't answered the question," "that's wrong," "you have no rebuttal," etc, when you HAVE answered the question, you DO have a rebuttal, and they haven't told you why what you are saying is wrong.

It also means that there are thousands, no, MILLIONS or more out there who are kept under these kinds of teachers and preachers, blinded and confused, who aren't able to listen or understand what we are saying.

I'll keep blowing that trumpet.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
It is very frustrating when you repeat the same thing over and over and people reply with, "you haven't answered the question," "that's wrong," "you have no rebuttal," etc, when you HAVE answered the question, you DO have a rebuttal, and they haven't told you why what you are saying is wrong.

It also means that there are thousands, no, MILLIONS or more out there who are kept under these kinds of teachers and preachers, blinded and confused, who aren't able to listen or understand what we are saying.

This thread is about those that do not want to 'hear' they just want us to go away.....

my suggestion is they do not start threads on the subject and do not post in the threads that are obviously UR/ET and that if they see a thread going OT that they report it to the mods

keep blowing that trumpet, (but stay on topic ) ... but do not use the trumpet to hit them over the head with it

Old 07-25-2010, 07:08 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:

I am not sure of exactly what the traffic is that visits this forum , but i think we would be suprised at the volume of it.
Believe me there are multitudes sick to the teeth of what is being passed off to us as christianity , these multitudes have been hurt , offended and rejected by the system , they are looking for answers and are coming to sites such as this for solice (believe me), and they will even be happy with the gleans of corn if it ministers the love of God to their hearts.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I am not sure of exactly what the traffic is that visits this forum , but i think we would be surprised at the volume of it.
Believe me there are multitudes sick to the teeth of what is being passed off to us as christianity , these multitudes have been hurt , offended and rejected by the system , they are looking for answers and are coming to sites such as this for solace (believe me), and they will even be happy with the gleans of corn if it ministers the love of God to their hearts.
I was one of those, and I am still hurting. Although, the more I learn the less I hurt. But, I completely agree. Being locked out of the Synagogues is very scary, and people are thirsty.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
I was one of those, and I am still hurting. Although, the more I learn the less I hurt. But, I completely agree. Being locked out of the Synagogues is very scary, and people are thirsty.
Herefornow you have been a real blessing to this forum , and i have the utmost confidence that the Lord is healing all that hurt .

Old 07-25-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Herefornow you have been a real blessing to this forum , and i have the utmost confidence that the Lord is healing all that hurt .
Why, thank you, pcamps.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:51 PM

309 posts, read 361,594 times
Quote:

I see this as well and I dont know why. Now if they said "I believe your answer or your rebuttal" then that is a totally different thing, for it would answer the "why" and then "agree to disagree" would suffice with me.

I think we should list (on both sides) what offends us and causes us to be so attacking. Debating is one thing, but 'flinging' hidden insults and crits. is another. I have done this many times and I am sorry. I will start listing the things that offend or insult me to such a state (not to say I shoudnt take the 'high road' like Twin says, for there is no excuse).

1)Being over and over called a heritic. Now I dont mind really, but dont they think I know this ANYWAYS in my studies. My point is, 'so what', just because I was called one back then and now doesnt mean I THINK i am. Its like they are saying it to get arise out of other posters and not me.

2) Private Postings that are right in front of my face that say stuff like "They say/do this, but they dont know/do that". It like talking behind someones back and they KNOW your listening. Such posts should be direct messages to one another. If they think I dont know/do something, then ASK ME in the thread. They indirectly, are doing it to get a rise out of you.

3)LOL....this is funny but I am serious. Ending an unfinished idea with a sentence or comment with the smiley , just looks like a "teeny valley girl" saying "Talk to the hand, you dont know what you are talking about". I am guilty of every thing I am listing but this one....LOL. The statement "Agree to DisAgree" is the kindest statement i have seen so far.

4) Misrepresentation: This is a biggy. Time and time again when they are in there "Private Posting" (#2 above) or talking to us directly, they will say things for example "they believe aion means age in some places but eternity in other, they pick and choose". When we (i speak for myself) believe ALL occurences of this word means age. This is just one example, there are many. If I have misrepresented someone, and they tell me I have, I would not do it again. But the same ones know what we believe but keep saying the same thing. They even post links that do the same thing. So instead of having a healthy debate, we spend half the time telling them the misrepresentations of our belief.

5) Saying you said something when you didnt.

This is all I can think of right now. But I do have a few questions for the other sides point of view. So in order for me NOT to offend, I would like to know a few things...

Is saying things like 'fundy' 'ET' or 'ETer' offensive to you? I know people do it for the most part to save typing but I would just like to know.

Does typing in an EMPHASISED manner like this by using "caps", Bolding, Italics, and Underlines offensive to you. I write like this, but never to offend, only to point out important points I'ld like to get accross. But if it is offensive then I will try to stop.

That is all I can think of for now. But please add to it so I know what NOT to do to offend.

Thanks to all of you
Joe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity