U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2010, 07:18 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,384,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well now June, I don't know about you, but if Hitler and his pack of henchmen got to heaven, that is not a place I would want to be. If that is so, then hell must be completely deserted, don't ya think? We'd have it all to ourselves....
Nobody will be who they were. The truth and the light completely changes people.

Think of it like this. I used to keep a diary when I was a teenager. I looked at it recently and just could NOT believe that I had written those things. The only way I knew it was my diary was because it was my handwriting and it was talking about my life, but it was coming from a person I no longer recognized, thank goodness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 07:22 PM

58,534 posts, read 31,936,781 times
Quote:
Well now June, I don't know about you, but if Hitler and his pack of henchmen got to heaven, that is not a place I would want to be. If that is so, then hell must be completely deserted, don't ya think? We'd have it all to ourselves....
Well, according to ur, there is no choise. Everyone must go to heaven and hang out with Hitler ans his buddies.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:25 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,206,041 times
Quote:

Yeah who wants to go to heaven if there were murders there like king David and Paul, or thieves like the one whom Jesus said would be in paradise with him?

Who wants to go to heaven where there are sinners who have been forgiven and born again? ...

ME! ...

Old 07-25-2010, 07:27 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,206,041 times
Quote:

Yeah i think that's the point, Jesus died to set the captives free ...

Old 07-25-2010, 07:27 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,575,817 times
No one can boast in God's presence - period. Job learned that. Every son/daughter of God must learn that. No exceptions.

1Corinthians Chapter 1 -

For since in the wisdom of God the world did not come to know God through wisdom, it was the will of God through the foolishness of the proclamation to save those who have faith. 22 For Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we proclaim Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those who are called, Jews and Greeks alike, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength. 26 Consider your own calling, brothers. Not many of you were wise by human standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. 27 Rather, God chose the foolish of the world to shame the wise, and God chose the weak of the world to shame the strong, 28 and God chose the lowly and despised of the world, those who count for nothing, to reduce to nothing those who are something, 29 so that no human being might boast before God.
__________________________________________________ ______
Luke 18: 9 He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Old 07-25-2010, 07:33 PM

3,581 posts, read 456,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Yeah who wants to go to heaven if there were murders there like king David and Paul, or thieves like the one whom Jesus said would be in paradise with him?

Who wants to go to heaven where there are sinners who have been forgiven and born again? ...

ME! ...

Old 07-25-2010, 07:39 PM

30,039 posts, read 30,710,365 times
Quote:

ME! ...
Well good luck with that...I'll pass, as I'm a terrible blasphemer...You know the sin that cannot be forgiven....HEY, wait a doggone minute...How can blasphemy be worse than what Hitler and his cronies did? That just ain't right.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Well good luck with that...I'll pass, as I'm a terrible blasphemer...You know the sin that cannot be forgiven....HEY, wait a doggone minute...How can blasphemy be worse than what Hitler and his cronies did? That just ain't right.
The sin that can't be forgiven (in this age or the age to come) was the one the Pharisees committed, which was attributing Christ and his work to something evil.

Matthew 12:32. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:48 PM

5,739 posts, read 4,589,424 times
Quote:

ME! ...

Old 07-25-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:

ME! ...
David killed people???? Paul was a killer??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity