Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 03:12 PM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
WOW....just WOW Verna....you have just judged, tried and hung Phaze simply because he doesn't follow in the exact same footsteps as you prescribe or as you think your book prescribes. You are a perfect example of why I walked away from all that. Thanks for confirming my conviction to do it yet again.
Verna does not realize that pride and boasting are "fruits" revealed in our attitudes and behaviors toward others so she doesn't even realize that she is guilty of both because she does not consciously believe she is. This focus on what we consciously believe is another of the main errors of the religious mainstream. Our "fruit" is far more telling of our real beliefs and feelings about ourselves and others . . . and our belief in and acceptance of God. Belief is not an act of conscious will . . . it is an internal acceptance of God within.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 03:51 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Verna does not realize that pride and boasting are "fruits" revealed in our attitudes and behaviors toward others so she doesn't even realize that she is guilty of both because she does not consciously believe she is. This focus on what we consciously believe is another of the main errors of the religious mainstream. Our "fruit" is far more telling of our real beliefs and feelings about ourselves and others . . . and our belief in and acceptance of God. Belief is not an act of conscious will . . . it is an internal acceptance of God within.
I would have to agree with you. The do's and don'ts, doctrine and dogma, obedience, oblation, etc are not what God is about...nor does God need these types of things from us. God is not a person, God has no form, race, gender, etc...God is omnipresent...God is everywhere, in everything, in everyone, God is all and in all...most just haven't found the real God yet and perhaps it's because they are looking in the wrong place.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:20 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I completely agree with you here. And there has been decades upon decades of false teaching. Christianity at large has much to atone for. We have not represented the Lord as we should have, we have not loved, we have condemned .....we have not had compassion, we have spewed hate.... we have sown to the wind and are now reaping the whirlwind, even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:24 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
I personally could never find peace and joy the way Verna believes , i believe i'm on much safer ground when my confidence is in Him and what He's doing in me (which i also believe i'm oblivious to), rather than being confident in what i'm keeping and doing.

When the Lord sent faithful servants who would dare to preach the truth,
How my heart do so condemn me as the Spirit gave reproof!
Satan said at once, “ ’Twill ruin you to now confess your state;
Keep on working and professing, and you’ll enter heaven’s gate.”

It's Real > Lyrics | Homer L. Cox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity