U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 10:45 AM

373 posts, read 155,153 times
Default Friendship by choice!!!!

Shalom

Last edited by favoured; 07-27-2010 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: Re-formatted to adhere to city-data's copyright rules
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 10:56 AM

5,017 posts, read 5,162,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by favoured View Post
FRIENDSHIP BY Choice

Dear loved one
The less you associate with some people, the more your life will improve. Any time you tolerate mediocrity in others, it increases the level of your mediocrity. An important attribute in successful people is their impatience with negative thinking and negative acting people. As you grow in life, your associates will change. Some of your friends will not want you to go on. They will prefer you to stay where they are. Friends, who won't help you to climb, will always want you to crawl. Your friends will stretch your vision or choke your dream. Those that don't increase you will eventually decrease you. Consider these words. Never receive counsel from unproductive people. Never discuss your problems with someone incapable of contributing to the solution, because those who never succeed at anything are always the first to tell you how. Not everyone has a right to speak into your life. You are certain to get the worst of the bargain when you exchange ideas with the wrong person. Don't follow anyone who's not going anywhere. With some people you spend an evening: with others you invest it.

Be careful where you stop to inquire for directions along the road of life. Wise is the person who fortifies his life with the right friendships. If you run with wolves, you will learn how to howl. But, if you associate with eagles, you will learn how to soar to great heights. "A mirror reflects a man's face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses." The simple but true fact of life is that you become like those with whom you closely associate - for the good and the bad. Be not mistaken. This is applicable to family as well as friends. Yes...do love, appreciate and be thankful for your family, for they will always be your family no matter what. Just know that they are human first and though they are family to you, they may be a friend to someone else and will fit somewhere in the criteria above. "In Prosperity Our Friends Know Us. In Adversity We Know Our Friends." "Never make someone a priority when you are only an option for them." "If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." Colin Powell

The wisdom for living this week is simply "those who walk with the wise, will become wise but the companion of fools will be destroyed" "Do not be deceived evil communication will always corrupt good manners" Choose your friends wisely
Enjoy your week!
Shalom!

POWERFUL MAX!! Thanks so much for these words of inspiration!! I realize I do have alot of friends that are not so much into good things. I need to cut off some people definitely!

Old 07-27-2010, 11:03 AM

6,387 posts, read 2,679,419 times
I don't want to cut off anyone, since I know what it's like to be cut off myself. (That's also why I believe in the salvation of all souls.)

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-27-2010, 11:05 AM

5,536 posts, read 2,021,191 times
Ah yes, the exclusivity of Christianity. Cut yourself off from everyone who doesn't meet your standards or think the way you do. I'm pretty sure that's how Jesus lived, too, no?

Old 07-27-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I don't want to cut off anyone, since I know what it's like to be cut off myself. (That's also why I believe in the salvation of all souls.)

Blessings,
brian
We were posting at the same time. It's nice to know that not all people have the same attitude as the op.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:08 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,607,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by favoured View Post
FRIENDSHIP BY Choice

Dear loved one
The less you associate with some people, the more your life will improve. Any time you tolerate mediocrity in others, it increases the level of your mediocrity. An important attribute in successful people is their impatience with negative thinking and negative acting people. As you grow in life, your associates will change. Some of your friends will not want you to go on. They will prefer you to stay where they are. Friends, who won't help you to climb, will always want you to crawl. Your friends will stretch your vision or choke your dream. Those that don't increase you will eventually decrease you. Consider these words. Never receive counsel from unproductive people. Never discuss your problems with someone incapable of contributing to the solution, because those who never succeed at anything are always the first to tell you how. Not everyone has a right to speak into your life. You are certain to get the worst of the bargain when you exchange ideas with the wrong person. Don't follow anyone who's not going anywhere. With some people you spend an evening: with others you invest it.

Be careful where you stop to inquire for directions along the road of life. Wise is the person who fortifies his life with the right friendships. If you run with wolves, you will learn how to howl. But, if you associate with eagles, you will learn how to soar to great heights. "A mirror reflects a man's face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses." The simple but true fact of life is that you become like those with whom you closely associate - for the good and the bad. Be not mistaken. This is applicable to family as well as friends. Yes...do love, appreciate and be thankful for your family, for they will always be your family no matter what. Just know that they are human first and though they are family to you, they may be a friend to someone else and will fit somewhere in the criteria above. "In Prosperity Our Friends Know Us. In Adversity We Know Our Friends." "Never make someone a priority when you are only an option for them." "If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." Colin Powell

The wisdom for living this week is simply "those who walk with the wise, will become wise but the companion of fools will be destroyed" "Do not be deceived evil communication will always corrupt good manners" Choose your friends wisely
Enjoy your week!
Shalom!

Making it through life is so much simpler than listening to this advice or any other advice.

How about this advice?
The time it takes to reach your goals is no less valuable than the time after you reach your goals.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:14 AM

5,017 posts, read 5,162,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Ah yes, the exclusivity of Christianity. Cut yourself off from everyone who doesn't meet your standards or think the way you do. I'm pretty sure that's how Jesus lived, too, no?
Well if you were smart you would know that the people you hang out with have very large influence on you. A person that hangs out with crackheads and alcoholics has a high likely chance to try it than a person that doesn't hang out with those people.

Last edited by allenk893; 07-27-2010 at 11:23 AM..

Old 07-27-2010, 11:17 AM

373 posts, read 155,153 times
Glad it makes sense to you. obviously, this message is not for everyone. If you have been hurt and stabbed in the back by people you trusted, maybe it will make sense to you.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:19 AM

2,031 posts, read 1,631,782 times
1 Cor 15:33 Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."

Old 07-27-2010, 11:21 AM

"And the Pharisees and their scribes grumbled at Jesus' disciples, saying, "Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?" "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity