U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 11:14 AM

1,895 posts, read 4,044,054 times

Advertisements

Interesting. "Sin, sin, sin".....I'd much rather talk about the Lord Jesus, and His goodness, than to continually dwell on....focus on....sin.

He leads us out of sin.

He is much bigger than sin, He has conquered sin.

He is faithful and good. He is our good shepherd. He will cleanse us for there is no other way, to be clean in His sight, except be covered by His blood, she blood He shed on the cross.

His blood cleanses us from sin, and we are saved by His blood, and "not of ourselves, lest any man should boast."

How about a thread just talking about Him, and His goodness? What does anyone have to say about their personal relationship with the Lord, and what He has done for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 04:54 PM

30,254 posts, read 20,007,605 times
Amen Sundance . It would be great if there are posts about the good news, how wonderful Jesus is , how marvellous His grace is , how blessed and fortunate we are to know Him, instead of how bad sin is , whose going to fry and who isn't , which group has the correct doctrine and who hasn't.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:57 PM

3,580 posts, read 455,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Amen Sundance . It would be great if there are posts about the good news, how wonderful Jesus is , how marvellous His grace is , how blessed and fortunate we are to know Him,
I agree pcamps ......... I will focus on this part of your post

Old 07-28-2010, 05:14 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,499,790 times
Problem is that if there were no sin, God would not have sent Jesus.

No sin, no Jesus.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:14 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,563,062 times
Count me in - like Peter, if we would focus on Him then we won't fall. We are becoming what we focus on, both positively and negatively.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:18 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,444,528 times
Default Yeah, but talk about the 'Lord', the master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Interesting. "Sin, sin, sin".....I'd much rather talk about the Lord Jesus, and His goodness, than to continually dwell on....focus on....sin.

He leads us out of sin.

He is faithful and good. He is our good shepherd. He will cleanse us for there is no other way, to be clean in His sight, except be covered by His blood, she blood He shed on the cross.

His blood cleanses us from sin, and we are saved by His blood, and "not of ourselves, lest any man should boast."

How about a thread just talking about Him, and His goodness? What does anyone have to say about their personal relationship with the Lord, and what He has done for you?

We are still waiting for Him, and the women only pretend to set us free.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Problem is that if there were no sin, God would not have sent Jesus.

No sin, no Jesus.
I agree with that but also what I gather from scripture is that we are all to judge ourselves

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

I feel that this thread is meant in this spirit
Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Php 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:37 PM

30,254 posts, read 20,007,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Count me in - like Peter, if we would focus on Him then we won't fall. We are becoming what we focus on, both positively and negatively.
Amen little elmer .

Old 07-28-2010, 05:48 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,384,001 times
Quote:

He leads us out of sin.

All I know is, it is a miracle I am still here and my kids, husband and I are all together, sane, and healthy.

Something woke me up and stuck me in the light, and I can't look at the people on this planet through any other eyes but Christ's. He died for all, he is the savior of the world, and he will reconcile even the darkest and/or confused among us. His mercy never ends, and his love conquers all.

I believe it.

If that isn't good news, I don't know what is.

Last edited by herefornow; 07-28-2010 at 05:57 PM..

Old 07-28-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:

For me there seems to be a continuing of learning - the mind seems to me to be very deceitful and with the aquisition of new knowledge we can get puffed up in ourselves and get proud and start looking down on those that have not our knowledge ... I have seen this in myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or