Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 02:15 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,491 times

Advertisements

Crawl...walk...then run
Milk...then baby food....then meat

Don't people think that the Lord can lead Christians?
Where is their faith, that they claim to have?

Do you cram meat down a baby's throat, or do you give him/her milk?
Do you stand by and DEMAND, that an infant stands up and runs, or do you watch and assist, as he/she learns to crawl?

Then they learn to pull up...at about ten months....they learn to walk....they learn to run.....all of this is a process.

The Lord is able to clean us up.

The Lord told us to come to Him as little children. He is our teacher, our master. Come to him, come to Him as a little child. He is our guide and our shepherd.

Jesus Christ died on a cross for our sins, and rose again the third day....His gospel is simple.....there will always be someone standing by with "oh but you gotta," "Oh that's true, but you gotta -" and on and on....I've heard it all, from "you'll go to hell for wearing pants," to "you'll go to hell for wearing make-up."

That's the problem: "...YOU gotta....." We cannot earn salvation, there is nothing we can do, ALL GLORY BELONGS TO THE LORD.

The spirit of religion has no place in what the Lord is doing today. He is seeking and saving those that are lost.

Today is the day of salvation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 03:01 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,108 times
Like all little children, they are never too young to correct.

Unfortunately, some do take a religious tact, placing the emphasis on the believer in his flesh to do it either by keeping a commitment to do so or a promise when the believers are to be looking to Jesus and resting in His promise that He will help them live as His since He is Our Good Shepherd as well as Our Saviour.

Not many are ready to access that reality of their reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ because they are not fully aware of the fact that Jesus Christ is in us and thus is with us always.

Colossians 1: 20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. 21And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

1 Corinthians 6: 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Colossians 1: 26Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

So going to the King James Bible as kept by those that loved Him and His words at Antioch is where one will find the meat of His words for discerning good and evil.

How does one know this?

John 5: 39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

As believers are not to testify of themselves as the Holy Spirit will not speak of himself so that both are to be in of the mind of Christ in testifying of the Son in seeking His glory: not of themselves, not of the church, and not of the Holy Spirit as the name of Jesus is above every other name.

So when modern Bibles put the emphasis on the believer or on the Holy Spirit BUT the King James Bible has it on Jesus Christ, then I am taking Jesus at His words that the true scriptures in keeping the meaning of His words will be on Jesus Christ and thus why I rely on the King James Bible for the meat of God's words as I lean on Jesus to help me understand His words of Whom I give thanks for being My Good Shepherd as well as My Saviour. Amen.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:15 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Quote:
I believe that a Christian grows from a babe who drinks in the milk of sound teaching and expounding in the Bible, to learning to appropriate the life of Christ personally, and knowing the heart of God to impact their life and the world around them – and ultimately, to live by the faith of the Son of God, being united with the Father in heart and having the mind of Christ.

(That’s of course a process of a lifetime – but a progression that following Him will bring about.)
Mother’s milk, and Father’s meat

Old 07-29-2010, 04:32 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God's word. You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food. Hebrews 5:12

"This is the one who was in the congregation in the wilderness together with the angel who was speaking to him on Mount Sinai, and who was with our fathers; and he received living oracles to pass on to you. Acts 7:38.

I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able, 1 Corinthians 3:2.

So also we, while we were children, were held in bondage under the elemental things of the world. Galatians 4:3.

Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, Hebrews 6:1.

like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation, 1 Peter 2:2.

Thank you LORD God for Your Word.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:40 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
In 1 Corinthians 2:1-3.....`` And I breathren could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.........I have fed you with milk and not with meat for hitherto you were not able to bear it neither yet now are you able... .. for you are yet carnal for whereas there is amoung you envying and strife and divisions are you not carnal and walk as men?```.... .... What is carnal? . but the fleshly desires or selfish interests, What is the milk of the Gospel of Jesus? , ..but teaching of the Cross of Christ, which Jesus is a bridge to salvation, just believe in Jesus and obey his commands of relationship with the Lord,,, other milk teaching is the trinity of the Father God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit ,Faith and Repentance to turn from sin and baptism in Water and the baptism of Holy Spirit is the milk of the Gospel, raising people from the dead is milk of the Gospel, love of the Lord Jesus and love of your neighbours through the commandments of Jesus is milk of the Gospel..... What is the meat of the Gospel ? .. but being prudence in the spirit knowing good from evil that must be rebuked for authority of Believer in Christ. .... walking with Jesus praying without creasing for your relationship ,knowing your gifts of Holy Spirit and calling of Jesus Christ and having faith so Jesus can move through your callings ,,, being able to sit in heavenly place with Jesus under his lead through the fortitude of HIS Hand Knowing the lead of the Holy Spirit and the communication from the Lord ,... Jesus is usually the First answer to your needs and prayers , with the second answer is the demons who come to take the word of God and change your mind to lack and missing the lead of the true Spirit.........

Old 07-29-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God's word. You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food. Hebrews 5:12

"This is the one who was in the congregation in the wilderness together with the angel who was speaking to him on Mount Sinai, and who was with our fathers; and he received living oracles to pass on to you. Acts 7:38.

I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able, 1 Corinthians 3:2.

So also we, while we were children, were held in bondage under the elemental things of the world. Galatians 4:3.

Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, Hebrews 6:1.

like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation, 1 Peter 2:2.

I hope you read all of this.........

Old 07-29-2010, 04:51 PM

595 posts, read 761,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

Thank you Lord! You are so worthy of all my Praise!

I especially love this Verna-

Lord, help me recieve your fullness in Christ Jesus. Amen.

God Bless,
Mercy

Old 07-29-2010, 05:15 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
Thank you Lord! You are so worthy of all my Praise!

I especially love this Verna-

Lord, help me recieve your fullness in Christ Jesus. Amen.

God Bless,
Mercy
...Amen mercy!....there does come a time when milk just doesn't cut it anymore...one should be constantly growing up and maturing...and weaned from milk as their only source of nutrition....but there are some who do live solely upon milk...for their entire lives....deprived...starved spiritually.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...Amen mercy!....there does come a time when milk just doesn't cut it anymore...one should be constantly growing up and maturing...and weaned from milk as their only source of nutrition....but there are some who do live solely upon milk...for their entire lives....deprived...starved spiritually.
Missing the point.........................note: The thread title: Milk before meat, NOT "Milk instead of meat."

Old 07-29-2010, 06:06 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post

Good thread. Thank you, little elmer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity