Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 09:21 AM

24 posts, read 54,903 times

Advertisements

The Difference Between The Voice of God and the Voice of Satan

1. The voice of Satan is always loud, strong, and clamorous. But the voice of God is always quiet and persuasive.

2. The voice of Satan never deals with specifics, but is often dealing with generalities. The voice of God is always to the point, and specific. God is not a God of confusion.

3. The voice of Satan is often demanding and always trying to get an immediate decision. The voice of God is always leading. Time is always a great asset to know the voice of God.

4. The voice of Satan perplexes, creates turmoil, and mixes up. But the voice of God is always clear and distinctive.

5. The voice of Satan is never marked by a restful spirit. The voice of God gives us a great rest of certainty.

6. The voice of Satan is always afraid of the light of God and will draw back from it. But the voice of God is always open, and willing for counsel or question.

7. The voice of Satan brings depression and discouragement. But the voice of God brings great encouragement to the Christian.

8. The voice of Satan appeals to the lower instincts and he suggests "I WANT". But the voice of God appeals to the higher instincts and suggests "I OUGHT".

9. The voice of Satan disappears if the Christian refuses to listen to it. But voice of God grows strong and deeper.

(Original Author Unknown)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 03:23 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,211 times
This seems to me to relate to the notion of dasein. Being in between, wether time (past and future) or in between the decision of some information and the lack of complete information. What speaks at this moment?-I have to go, perhaps I will come back to this.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:26 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrasekaran View Post
The voice of Satan is often demanding and always trying to get an immediate decision.
Hmm......

I agree, completely.

Last edited by herefornow; 08-01-2010 at 04:55 PM..

Old 08-01-2010, 04:42 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,222 times
Excellent. I agree with this. "Be still, and know that I AM (HE IS) God." The God of all peace. The still, small voice of the Holy Spirit is gentlemanly. Thanks for posting this. - Heartsong

Old 08-01-2010, 10:05 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times
I am not disagreeing with you on how God's voice sounds like but sometimes God's voice is not simply a still small voice. I am not saying that God yells or is loud, but if you study the scriptures the bible give other examples to how God's voice sounded to different people.

God's voice is described as the sound of many waters Rev. 14:2, as a trumpet Rev. 1:10, thunder 40:9 and many others.

But yes God does speak to us in a still small voice, but His voice has such power that His voice can sound like what ever He wants it to sound.

Take care

Old 08-01-2010, 10:33 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Excellent. I agree with this. "Be still, and know that I AM (HE IS) God." The God of all peace. The still, small voice of the Holy Spirit is gentlemanly. Thanks for posting this. - Heartsong

Old 08-05-2010, 12:27 PM

There are many voices in one's existence, one hears many, and many are quiet and many are loud, and many from one "place" that are loud at one time may be quiet later-as god's is (and as the satan can be an angel of light), as 2828 said. The sayings are all beautiful, but the whole thing is incomplete and misleading, without the ability to recognize the voice one is hearing and especially to have the ability to analyze content. I imagine one could be tempted to assign a hearing in error; assign a hearing to what one wants to hear.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:31 PM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Anybody that hears voices should check this out..

Causes of Hearing voices - WrongDiagnosis.com

Old 08-05-2010, 04:07 PM

I suppose one doesn't hear one's own thoughts nowadays; I knew thinking has died in our so called "reflective" age. Or, if one does hear one's own thoughts one has a problem? Some wag once said that the gods gave us language so that we can reveal our thoughts, when in reality we use language to conceal the fact that we have none.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:00 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,222 times

YouTube - ‪This Is My Father's World, Fernando Ortega‬‎
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity