Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 03:19 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,981,130 times

Advertisements

Enow, those who preach heresy belong to Christ? That`s totaly contradictive to what scripture says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 03:55 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Ya missed the point VQ.

Jesus tells us to be perfect as God is perfect

The word perfect in relation to us is the exact same word perfect in relation to God.

Is God error free?

If so we are to be error free.

I am not saying man has reached this stage yet, but we are to press towards the high calling in Christ.

To be as He is

Perfect, error free
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
I saw your point but I do not agree with your point. My point is that biblical "perfect" means mature, not errorless. Not my opinion or anything -- just what the Greek word used intends.

But we tried , didn't we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Perfect

[LEFT]5046 teleios { tel’-i-os} [/LEFT]
[LEFT]
from 5056; TDNT - 8:67,1161; adj

AV - perfect 17, man 1, of full age 1; 19

GK - 5455 { tevleio" }

1) brought to its end, finished
2) wanting nothing necessary to completeness
3) perfect
4) that which is perfect
4a) consummate human integrity and virtue
4b) of men[/LEFT]
4b1) full grown, adult, of full age, mature

Yes we tried
I always understood Christ to mean we should be complete as our father is complete, that is to say, complete in love, loving even our enemies and our neighbors as ourselves. That is the context in which Christ says that ...

Old 08-05-2010, 04:09 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Living holy is the only way we will ever see God.

Titus 2
[11] For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
[12] Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
[13] Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
[14] Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
[15] These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:04 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
If that's the case, then everybody is going to hell because a willful sinner will never enter God's heaven. What were you saved from if you still commit sin(s)? If God found the sin of Adam & Eve to be unacceptable, why would He overlook your sin(s)? Jesus' blood does not cover willful sin(s), unless you completely walk away from that sin to commit it [them] no more; that's godly sorrow. You must accept the fact that God expects us to sin no more. Period. If you have not been delivered from all your sins, then you have to yield to Jesus and His blood until you are set completely free.

Do you still lie? Drink? Smoke? Cheat? Curse? Gossip? Tell shady jokes? Are you of the world? These sins, and all others, must go.

And, it's false teaching to say that walking in God's holiness is works, when in fact it is His demand.

Those Who Won't Inherit the Kingdom of God
you're off...

Old 09-10-2010, 03:09 AM

Quote:
If that's the case, then everybody is going to hell because a willful sinner will never enter God's heaven. What were you saved from if you still commit sin(s)? If God found the sin of Adam & Eve to be unacceptable, why would He overlook your sin(s)? Jesus' blood does not cover willful sin(s), unless you completely walk away from that sin to commit it [them] no more; that's godly sorrow. You must accept the fact that God expects us to sin no more. Period. If you have not been delivered from all your sins, then you have to yield to Jesus and His blood until you are set completely free.

Do you still lie? Drink? Smoke? Cheat? Curse? Gossip? Tell shady jokes? Are you of the world? These sins, and all others, must go.

And, it's false teaching to say that walking in God's holiness is works, when in fact it is His demand.

Those Who Won't Inherit the Kingdom of God
Try to spin this then...

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
When I first just read the title, I thought, "Oh no..."...and then I clicked to read...and you set my heart at ease!......excellant post scgraham...and I say a big Amen! to it!

We must keep the Ten Commandments of God...including the Sabbath, to keep it holy unto God...which is His seal upon those who do, as the "Mark of God" upon those who do...a sign of the perpetual covenant between Him and them that do.

Sin is nothing but the transgression of the law...the law is the The Ten Commandments...you break one you've broken them all...and God does not abide nor does He even know those who do not keep His Commandments...and they do not know nor abide in Him if they do not...if they say they do love Him and know Him and keepeth not His Commandments they are a liar and the truth is not in them...being not a child of God but a child of the devil...and anyone who does not keep the Ten Commandments of God, and lives willfully sinning...and dies in this state, they where never considered born again by God...they never had a change of character...they never turned from their wickedness...and they will never see God nor enter into His Kingdom. They will die only to be resurrected again at The Great White Throne of Judgement to die a second death...an eternal dead soul death...done...eternally finished.

It is written...Thus saith the LORD God Almighty!

He who has an ear let him hear.

In Christ's love...prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
What about the 613 Mitzvah?...

Old 09-10-2010, 03:14 AM

Quote:
When I first just read the title, I thought, "Oh no..."...and then I clicked to read...and you set my heart at ease!......excellant post scgraham...and I say a big Amen! to it!

We must keep the Ten Commandments of God...including the Sabbath, to keep it holy unto God...which is His seal upon those who do, as the "Mark of God" upon those who do...a sign of the perpetual covenant between Him and them that do.

Sin is nothing but the transgression of the law...the law is the The Ten Commandments...you break one you've broken them all...and God does not abide nor does He even know those who do not keep His Commandments...and they do not know nor abide in Him if they do not...if they say they do love Him and know Him and keepeth not His Commandments they are a liar and the truth is not in them...being not a child of God but a child of the devil...and anyone who does not keep the Ten Commandments of God, and lives willfully sinning...and dies in this state, they where never considered born again by God...they never had a change of character...they never turned from their wickedness...and they will never see God nor enter into His Kingdom. They will die only to be resurrected again at The Great White Throne of Judgement to die a second death...an eternal dead soul death...done...eternally finished.

It is written...Thus saith the LORD God Almighty!

He who has an ear let him hear.

Verna.
You are mixing...'If you say you have no sin, then you are a liar and the Truth is not in you'....[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Yes, read the article. We're only safe so long as we remain obedient.

Jesus sets us free through His blood.

I take heed just like everyone else is supposed to.

1 Cor.10:12 - Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

2 Peter 1
[3] According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
[4] Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
[5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
[6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
[7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
[8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
[9] But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
[10] Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
Looks like that verse is pointed right at you....

Old 09-10-2010, 03:20 AM

Quote:
scgraham, I love you too...and I will tell you of a truth...

"...It takes the Divine nature of Christ for us to be holy..." you rightly state. So...if this is true, and you believe it to be true...how do you justify not keeping the Sabbath holy?...Christ Jesus did...it was His character to do so...and it takes the Divine nature of Christ for us to be holy. You cannot have it both ways scgraham...you either do or you don't...no "lukewarmness" allowed here...one foot in and one foot out...nope...not going to cut it.

Sin is the transgression of the law. The Law is The Ten Commandments. You break one you've broken them all.

The Sabbath is the seal upon those who keep it as a "Mark" upon those who do, that they are in Covenant with the Father...the Sabbath is THE perpetual Covenant with God.

You break the Fourth Commandment, you have broken them all...therefore you are a willfull sinner...un-born-again...unchanged...still willfully sinning in the eyes of God...not a child of God but a child of the devil.

Thus saith the LORD God Almighty!

It is written.

He who has an ear let him hear what the Spirit saith.

Verna.
Christ was aked that question regarding the Sabbath....What was his answer?...

Old 09-10-2010, 04:22 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Christ was aked that question regarding the Sabbath....What was his answer?...
Please state the Scripture you are speaking of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity