Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 04:35 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
I've read, and believe it to be true, that just as the Jews stuck to the Law, and rejected Jesus, their Life, when He appeared,
so too, many Christians will reject the Son Coming in a multitude of many, preferring to stick to their bibles of more dead letters which can never give Life.
Is anybody else seeing this?

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 04:49 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi everyone!
I've read, and believe it to be true, that just as the Jews stuck to the Law, and rejected Jesus, their Life, when He appeared,
so too, many Christians will reject the Son Coming in a multitude of many, preferring to stick to their bibles of more dead letters which can never give Life.

Blessings,
brian
No. Please clarify. Because I have no idea what on God's green earth your talking about.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:57 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
He's speaking about those who idolize their bibles...you know, the ones who make the bible more important than actually living the life of Christ.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:01 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
He's speaking about those who idolize their bibles...you know, the ones who make the bible more important than actually living the life of Christ.
Oh! Then I agree. That's not right. The way to salvation is through God. The bible is basically our guide. The bible tells us how Jesus lived and left his word with us. It shows us how we can have salvation through him but that's what it is. Your actually suppose to try to live your life according to Christ. Not just reading the bible and judging other people on how they should live theirs.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:22 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Hi everyone!

Blessings,
brian
Yes, I'm seeing it. But it does not worry me.

If we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself. 2Timothy 2:3

Old 08-04-2010, 06:46 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,867,470 times
Quote:
Hi everyone!
So basically, you are saying that we should not use the Bible to discern good and evil anymore but just do what we think the "Spirit" is telling us to do?

And yet the scriptures would say that the Holy Spirit would not have us shun His words at all.

John 14: 26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

And how does God expect us to know what Jesus has said unto us?

John 14: 23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

So those shunning the Bible as in the King James Bible since the Textus Receptus was kept by those that loved Him and His words at Antioch (where the disciples met for edification) are really showing by their actions of not loving His words in spite of their proclamation of love to Him.

If no one can use the Bible to reprove, then you are allowing everyone to come in here and say what God says without scriptures to back them up.

Now how many would follow people like that? But yet many are following that precedent all by themselves.

Dare they continue when God has so graciously provided His words?

Old 08-04-2010, 06:56 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,543,305 times
See it? I cannot even read it. Your point missed its mark. I found you completely unintelligible.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:49 AM

122 posts, read 191,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
So basically, you are saying that we should not use the Bible to discern good and evil anymore but just do what we think the "Spirit" is telling us to do?

And yet the scriptures would say that the Holy Spirit would not have us shun His words at all.

John 14: 26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 14: 23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

So those shunning the Bible as in the King James Bible since the Textus Receptus was kept by those that loved Him and His words at Antioch (where the disciples met for edification) are really showing by their actions of not loving His words in spite of their proclamation of love to Him.

If no one can use the Bible to reprove, then you are allowing everyone to come in here and say what God says without scriptures to back them up.

Now how many would follow people like that? But yet many are following that precedent all by themselves.

Amen....
We are seeing the law of the lawlessness. They have become a law unto themselves. Promoting their own understanding rather then believing, trusting, walking by faith in the written word of God.

When one tells others to deny the written word of God (Bible) and turn to their own understanding a VERY DANGEROUS thing to do because......
Jeremiah 17:9
“ The heart is deceitful above all things,And desperately wicked; Who can know it?
And I can honestly say they have set themselves up to be God. Which is predicted for/in the last days !!
The Holy Spirit will always lead one to the testimony of the written word of God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.... in the BIBLE, amen ???

Old 08-04-2010, 08:03 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post

Is that what higher said? I don't think so

Even in your qoute of scripture truth is found

If a man love me, he will keep my words:

Keep His words, not the words of the prophets and people of old.

remember how Peter wanted to build a temple for Jesus, Moses and Elijiah and what did God say?

This is my beleoved Son HEAR HIM.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:11 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:

You do realise the KJV is a translation of a translation do you not?

Quote:

LOL I use scripture for everything I believe.

Quote:

Yes God did provide His word, His word is Jesus Christ, not the dead letter, even Jesus said you search the scriptures looking for eternal life but you won’t find it in the scripture because they testify of me ( paraphrased)

Jesus Christ is the word of God and NONE other, especially the writings of men who were trying to understand God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity