Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 02:56 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Heartsong,
i'm a bit confused by your posts. You say you used to post on tentmaker, then got banned, and now you want to return there for encouragement?

Blessings,
brian
No, I don't want to return to the discussion forum. But I am just saying that I think some people can learn from posting on Tentmaker (maybe). The web site has a lot of good material on it. And I'm supposed to forgive people, don't you think? It doesn't feel good to be bannned/banished from a group - but it was not the entire group's decision - it was the moderators (particularly probably a couple of them) who, well, I'll say it 'mistreated me' as a sister in Christ. But I would not condemn them for it. I'm simply an estranged "sister" of theirs - that's all. And I could never forget Gary and Michelle's labor of love in Christ, even if they happen to have a couple of moderators who find me intolerable I'm only posting this because Tentmaker was brought up and I wanted to say my piece on what I think of Tentmaker as a whole. As a whole, I think it is a good thing. But not perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 03:07 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
I just had a thought, i hope it isn't against cd rules to post this, but here goes:
i have my own site, and i'd love to put up a forum there on ur. Any thoughts?

Blessings,
brian

Old 08-07-2010, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I just had a thought, i hope it isn't against cd rules to post this, but here goes:
i have my own site, and i'd love to put up a forum there on ur. Any thoughts?

Blessings,
brian
Go for it, Brian. There cannot possibly be too many UR forums in this suffering world! There is so much bad Christian junk on the internet - it boggles the mind! Just Do It!

Old 08-07-2010, 03:16 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Go for it, Brian. There cannot possibly be too many UR forums in this suffering world! There is so much bad Christian junk on the internet - it boggles the mind! Just Do It!
I'll look into it when i'm back home in september..
It could even have a slightly different "slant" ( and less banning!) than tentmaker..

Blessings,
brian

Old 08-07-2010, 05:01 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Apostle Paul was a goatskin tentmaker in Acts 18:3...``and because they were of the same craft, he abode with them and wrought for by their occupation they were tentmakers``.......Paul was a tentmaker but I dont believe he was a UR , because he taught against legalism and brought revelation into the Church through Christ......

Old 08-07-2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Apostle Paul was a goatskin tentmaker in Acts 18:3...``and because they were of the same craft, he abode with them and wrought for by their occupation they were tentmakers``.......Paul was a tentmaker but I dont believe he was a UR , because he taught against legalism and brought revelation into the Church through Christ......
It was not because Apostle Paul was a goatskin tent-maker that Gary Amirault chose the name Tentmaker for his ministry. For some reason, I have again forgotten the story behind the name of the ministry (but there is a story behind it). It may be somewhere on his web site. It's a massive collection of documents there, so I don't know where to look at the moment.

Newest Articles and Books at Tentmaker

Jesus Song...
http://www.tentmaker.org/audio/come_to_jesus.wma

Old 08-07-2010, 07:25 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I, too, believe growth comes from opposition. That is why is has taken me so long to sign up on Tentmaker or L. Ray Smith's site. But I'm needing some encouragement and I'm still rather new to UR, so I thought Tentmaker might be the place to hang out for a while. City Data is definitely a good place to work on debating skills, though. Keeps you on your toes.
I beleive you will meet many good brothers and sisters at tents herefornow. I did not leave because of the people on tents I left because of the restrictions on what could and could not be talked about on tents.

I hate to say this because I do appreciate what Gary A is trying to do, but IMO it is no different than what Matt Slick did over at carm in banning topics about Universalism.

Anyway I hope you have a good time over there.

God bless

Old 08-07-2010, 10:47 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I beleive you will meet many good brothers and sisters at tents herefornow. I did not leave because of the people on tents I left because of the restrictions on what could and could not be talked about on tents.

I hate to say this because I do appreciate what Gary A is trying to do, but IMO it is no different than what Matt Slick did over at carm in banning topics about Universalism.

Anyway I hope you have a good time over there.

God bless
My thing is - open free discussion IS what discussion means. Any other thing is just - specific information.

If you want specific information on why many believe the scriptures teach universal reconciliation, tentmaker is a good site.

For OPEN free discussion - city data is a good place.

Another cool UR site is : evangelicaluniversalist.com • Index page

It is unrestricted free discussion - although the owners and the mods are all bible inerrantists.

But you can discuss ANYTHING there.

Tell 'em firstborn sent ya'.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
My thing is - open free discussion IS what discussion means. Any other thing is just - specific information.

If you want specific information on why many believe the scriptures teach universal reconciliation, tentmaker is a good site.

For OPEN free discussion - city data is a good place.

Another cool UR site is : evangelicaluniversalist.com • Index page

It is unrestricted free discussion - although the owners and the mods are all bible inerrantists.

But you can discuss ANYTHING there.

Tell 'em firstborn sent ya'.
Hey Firstborn,

I don't know why this dude was banned.
http://www.evangelicaluniversalist.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1035
But apparently he had to be got rid of.

I can understand banning someone who continuously breaks the rules and in no way edifies a board. And I know in my heart that that was not the case with myself on the Tentmaker board. In fact, I withheld my tongue quite often so as not to cause strife. But I don't think the moderators who banned me gave much time or consideration to deciding to ban me - I think it was an irrational and emotional decision on their part (and immature). I also believe it was a political decision because I think certain of the mods there buy into the "Obama is anti-Christ" crap. Not to mention, one of the mods there also loves Benny Hinn ministries (for Pete's sake!). So they are biased against liberals and Democrats IMO.

Just saying ' FYI.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:42 AM

4 posts, read 5,796 times
Default To Anne Hamon............

Hello Anne,

This is "FLOWING" ..........how ya like my name?'

So this is citydata.

I really don't know what to write, here or there...right now.

Just can't sleep.

It's my getting up time. 3:38 am.

Now that I got the link found out I was NOT registered. At least, I

couldn't find myself.

You wanna make people leave you alone, just let it be known, that you

are an Obama person. As you know, I know nothing about politics.....but

I know about equality.........and the struggle for it all down thru the ages.

Talk later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity