Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2010, 09:52 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,001,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

As for your continued rejection of the reality of the dispensational nature of God's plan when you have been shown exactly what it means and have been shown Scripture which is pertinant to the dispensations, it reveals a disorientation to truth and a desire to adhere to your own conceived false beliefs.
Actually,I created another thread showing what the church thinks of dispensational theology.In short,I am in pretty good company in rejecting it,while you are on the fringe.I feel no need to debate it further here.The thread shows that the Church has thought it a heresy over the years.

And deleting your "final comment" comment doesn't mean that you didn't make it.It amuses me that you and Betsey always seem to be gripped by the childish need to post "FINAL COMMENT",or "FINAL ANSWER" when confronted by someone who won't agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 09:56 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Yet, Paul warned believers about how they build on that foundation. 1 Corinthians 3:10-23

The call for believers to lay aside every weight and sin in running that race by looking unto the author and finsiher of our faith shows a repercussions if they do not: Hebrews 12:1-29

God addressed seven churches in Revelation with exhortations and warnings specifically to avoid being cast into the bed of the great tribulation and to escape the hour of trail that shall try all upon the earth.

Revelation 2:18And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. 20Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Revelation 3: 7And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; 8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 10Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 11Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 13He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

It is clear that because of the falling away of the faith that judgment has to fall on the House of God first, seperating the vessels unto dishonour of the foolish virgins and the prodigal sons to be left behind from the vessels unto honour as the chaste bride to be received by the Bridegroom for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

That is why the call is for every one that name the name of Christ to depart from inqiuity to be that vessel unto honour in God's House:

2 Timothy 2:10-26 - Passage*Lookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

Revelation 3:19As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. 20Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

1 John 5: 4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

1 John 5:1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

1 John 3:22And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Revelation 22:16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. 17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

John 6: 35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Those that do hunger and thirst are doing so by error when chasing after the Holy Spirit to be received again and again and again when that is a departure from the faith in Jesus Christ. Ephesians 4:4-6 & 1 Corinthians 12:13 That is why all invitations points to the Son in having and living that reconciled relationship with God THROUGH Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit within us, the scriptures, and the faithful witnesses are still pointing believers to go to Jesus Christ in coming to God the Father for the Son is the only way God can call those in the world to come out of the world from their rudimentary practises of seeking after spirits and worshipping them to cease from the practises within in being witnesses of the Son in bearing testimony of Him.

At any rate: it is because of the falling away from the faith that God will judge His House so that those left behind: the foolish virgins will have oil for their lamps and be shining as the prodigal sons will be returning because they are still sons, but there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth for missing out on their first inheritance, but God will perform the miracle on those left behind that are coming out of the great tribulation in that He will wipe away the tears from their eyes to help them get past their loss.

When I read Hebrews 12th chapter, I cannot help but see that as applied to God chastening those left behind to go through the great tribulation.

So yes.. they are forever sanctified as they are forever His: but no.. they built something on that foundation that needs to be reproved whtehor it be dead worsk that deny Him as able or living in sin what God has judged that shall not inherit the Kingdom of God by.

Thus the call for every believer that name the name of Christ to depart from iniquity by looking to the author and finsiher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight and sin that so easily besets us in running that race to obtain that eternal glory which comes with our salvation which is in Christ Jesus of being that vessel unto honour in God's House.
No Christian will be left behind at the rapture. The entire church will be in heaven for both the judgment seat of Christ where each believer will be evaluated, and for the marriage of the Lamb.

The rapture teminates the dispensation of the church. The purpose of the church-age is to call out a royal family for Christ. When that family is complete, every believer who is alive on the earth at the moment of the rapture will be caught up.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Actually,I created another thread showing what the church thinks of dispensational theology.In short,I am in pretty good company in rejecting it,while you are on the fringe.I feel no need to debate it further here.The thread shows that the Church has thought it a heresy over the years.

And deleting your "final comment" comment doesn't mean that you didn't make it.It amuses me that you and Betsey always seem to be gripped by the childish need to post "FINAL COMMENT",or "FINAL ANSWER" when confronted by someone who won't agree with you.
I made a decision to end any further comments to you because you refuse to listen to someone who knows what they are talking about. I only came back to correct you on your denial of Israel's election. But I do have better things to do then continuing to argue with people such as yourself.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:06 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,001,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I made a decision to end any further comments to you because you refuse to listen to someone who knows what they are talking about. I only came back to correct you on your denial of Israel's election. But I do have better things to do then continuing to argue with people such as yourself.

You're mad because I am rejecting your "wisdom"?I won't listen to someone "who knows what they are talking about"?LOL!The church rejects your belief in dispensationalism.I know of a lot more knowledgeable people than a CD poster to listen to about the subject,and they all agree that dispensationalism is an aberrant belief system.As does the church.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
You're mad because I am rejecting your "wisdom"?I won't listen to someone "who knows what they are talking about"?LOL!The church rejects your belief in dispensationalism.I know of a lot more knowledgeable people than a CD poster to listen to about the subject,and they all agree that dispensationalism is an aberrant belief system.As does the church.
Mad??? Not at all. As I already told you in a previous post, I post nothing on here that I didn't learn from studying the teachings of men like Dr. Lewis Sperry Chafer who founded Dallas Theological Seminary and Robert B. Thieme Jr. who was pastor of Berachah Church for more than 50 years.

But it is a waste of time to converse with people such as yourself who resort to cheap shots, and who will not listen to sound doctrine.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:24 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,231 times
can anyone here tell me exactly why Jesus would come back via a rapture, to do the very opposite things He came here for in the first place???

would He really remove dr's and other such folks He has placed here on earth to help others,(such ppl are the tools with we combine our intelligence to make good decisions regarding health and the like),when He came here the first time (for one thing) to HEAL ppl??? to raise them from the dead? to show He loves and care for us? to show us how to live right?? if so, then Jesus would be nothing but a hypocrite.

the rapturous Jesus isn't the one I know.He would not homewreck families,take away the tools He gave us (dr's and other helpers),cause accidents in the form of car wrecks and plane crashes and such,and leave surgical patients on an operating table without a surgeon,amongst so many other things that could happen if ppl are instantly removed from earth without warning.
food for thought...
JMO.

Last edited by SC122; 08-08-2010 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 08-08-2010, 10:30 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
can anyone here tell me exactly why Jesus would come back via a rapture, to do the very opposite things He came here for in the first place???

would He really remove dr's and other such folks He has placed here on earth to help others,(such ppl are the tools with we combine our intelligence to make good decisions regarding health and the like),when He came here the first time (for one thing) to HEAL ppl??? to raise them from the dead? to show He loves and care for us? to show us how to live right?? if so, then Jesus would be nothing but a hypocrite.

the rapturous Jesus isn't the one I know.He would not homewreck families,take away the tools He gave us (dr's and other helpers),cause accidents in the form of car wrecks and plane crashes and such,and leave surgical patients on an operating table without a surgeon,amognst so many other things that could happen if ppl are instantly removed from earth without warning.
food for thought...
JMO.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post

the rapturous Jesus isn't the one I know.He would not homewreck families,take away the tools He gave us (dr's and other helpers),cause accidents in the form of car wrecks and plane crashes and such,and leave surgical patients on an operating table without a surgeon,amognst so many other things that could happen if ppl are instantly removed from earth without warning.
food for thought...
JMO.
It has already been explained. If you are truly curious then read my previous posts on this thread.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:53 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,231 times
Mike,I'm not buying it.but to each his own.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:01 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Soon, everyone's going to be slapped in the face with a huge reality check...just wait...and you all will see what God has planned for us all...and I guarentee you, it isn't going to be pretty.

I'd say you better be prepared. You better make sure you're in right standing with the Father...you better make sure you have an intimate relationship with Him...because that is all that is going to bring you through to be with Him in His Kingdom when all is said and done...whether you fortunately die first in His Name or you're unfortunate enough to have to live through it...or most of it anyway...and then, fortunately die in His Name...If! that is you do die in His Name.

Everything He has promised from Genesis to Revelation...including the Gospels; the Epistles; Ezekiel and Daniel...and everything in between, will come to pass...everything.

In Christ's love...prayerfully in His truth
Verna.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 08-08-2010 at 11:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity