Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 08:24 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Who says I'm angry Asheville Native? How dare you suggest that the God I believe in, that you would even know "how He would want me to behave".... when EVEN YOU YOURSELF DON'T EVEN BELIEVE?

Think me angry.....wait until you see HIS WRATH!! NO TURNING BACK.....

Geez.Do you folks ever get tired of the "just you wait.You're gonna fry" stuff?

Why would anyone want to follow God after watching you in action?

Old 08-11-2010, 08:31 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Geez.Do you folks ever get tired of the "just you wait.You're gonna fry" stuff?

Why would anyone want to follow God after watching you in action?
That's just it ...GET YOUR EYES OFF ME AND FOLLOW THE GOD OF THE BIBLE!! Meaning...when God is your CENTER the heart lacks for NOTHING! Not even time to refute "poor old Betsey and the rest...." time and time again!! We merely present it like it IS in the BIBLE! When we say COME AS YOU ARE, we mean it!! If you are "tired" of presenting truth according to lifertexan, take a rest! We, we're NEVER tired of building the kingdom for Christ JESUS!! NEVER!! When God prompts us to shut our mouth's, we will, you understand? You better be thanking God.......there's still time., amen?

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 08-11-2010 at 08:41 PM..

Old 08-11-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
That's just it ...GET YOUR EYES OFF ME AND FOLLOW THE GOD OF THE BIBLE!! Meaning...when God is your CENTER the heart lacks for NOTHING! Not even time to refute "poor old Betsey and the rest...." time and time again!! We merely present it like it IS in the BIBLE! When we say COME AS YOU ARE, we mean it!! If you are "tired" of presenting truth according to lifertexan, take a rest! We, we're NEVER tired of building the kingdom for Christ JESUS!! NEVER!! When God prompts us to shut our mouth's, we will, you understand? You better be thanking God.......there's still time., amen?

I understand you very well....and it is not anything I would wish to emulate.So I guess I should thank God that I found a different version of Christianity than the one you peddle before I knew there were folks like you.

Amen.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
I understand you very well....and it is not anything I would wish to emulate.So I guess I should thank God that I found a different version of Christianity than the one you peddle before I knew there were folks like you.

Amen.
You're sooo missing the point! It's not about "folks like me". Take me out of the equation! I have already decided.......it's about souls that's undecided lifertexan. Folks that still need to hear the truth according to Christ Jesus. He saved us from something! The something is called HELL!! Eternal separation from His Presence!!

Stop telling people half the story! A lie is still a lie, even if you only tell HALF THE TRUTH!! Forget Mary Baxter........BELIEVE GOD!!

Old 08-11-2010, 09:08 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Who says I'm angry Asheville Native? How dare you suggest that the God I believe in, that you would even know "how He would want me to behave".... when EVEN YOU YOURSELF DON'T EVEN BELIEVE?

Think me angry.....wait until you see HIS WRATH!! NO TURNING BACK.....
"How dare I........" You do realize you are posting in a public forum don't you, and can be view by anyone anyone on the internet, even without being a member of CD? If you don't want your beliefs questioned, then perhaps they should be kept private.

If your words are a true representation of the god you believe in, then I'm really really sure that I want nothing of your god, really an unpleasant chap now ain't he.

But I don't have an issue with your god, I don't bother worrying about things that don't exist. However, I so see that the belief in your god and other gods creates so much hatred, hostility, throughout this world, and that is real, and that is the greatest threat to the future of all life on this planet.

Reading the different beliefs here, all under the banner of christianity, really leave me confused about how many different gods exist in christianity. From some loving and caring, to some really nasty chaps, all called god. Why such a disparity?

Also, you do sound angry.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
"How dare I........" You do realize you are posting in a public forum don't you, and can be view by anyone anyone on the internet, even without being a member of CD? If you don't want your beliefs questioned, then perhaps they should be kept private.

If your words are a true representation of the god you believe in, then I'm really really sure that I want nothing of your god, really an unpleasant chap now ain't he.

But I don't have an issue with your god, I don't bother worrying about things that don't exist. However, I so see that the belief in your god and other gods creates so much hatred, hostility, throughout this world, and that is real, and that is the greatest threat to the future of all life on this planet.

Reading the different beliefs here, all under the banner of christianity, really leave me confused about how many different gods exist in christianity. From some loving and caring, to some really nasty chaps, all called god. Why such a disparity?

Also, you do sound angry.

"But I don't have an issue with your God".......

Yet, you have an issue with me? Why?

Old 08-11-2010, 09:24 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:

I thought I made that clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
However, I so see that the belief in your god and other gods creates so much hatred, hostility, throughout this world, and that is real, and that is the greatest threat to the future of all life on this planet.
But it is not "you", Betsey, specifically, but the collective "you's" i.e. believers that spread their hatred and intolerance as part of your belief system, no matter what religion, or what sub-sect of the different religions. Gotta a couple of wars in progress right now as a result. Prop 8 in Calif, believers voting their hatred into law.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:

Personally,I would say because you come across as an arrogant, know it all,judgemental person.

But that's just my opinion.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Personally,I would say because you come across as an arrogant, know it all,judgemental person.

But that's just my opinion.
I love you. Goodnight.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:00 PM

200 posts, read 252,354 times
Does spiritual discernment come into this anywhere? I read this bull from this woman awhile back. Yes, God has raised up prophets...but there were also false prophets hanging around at the same time. I'm sorry, this Baxter woman is nothing but a filthy, money-grubbing LIAR in the same spirit as many of the others, especially one who claimed that our Savior would make an appearance at one of this derelict TV evangelist's stadium services (think that didn't draw a crowd? Must've been a good payout when the offering buckets were passed around; boy, will he have some 'splainin to do).

Of course, I'm sure my discernment is totally suspect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity