Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 05:20 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Indeed. That is true. At least about lake of fire.

I am still not sure why you guys attack this person like this.
It's the spirit of anti-christ, that's why.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:24 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Because satan is sent there for punishment/destruction - not to have fun

These are ancient Greek myths about the underworld/Hades. Christianity embraces those myths far too often.

Also - furnace of fire/aionian fire is metaphoric just as "Remember that the LORD rescued you from the burning furnace of Egypt to become his own people and special possession; that is what you are today".

Was Egypt a literal big fire pit? Are literal sheep and goats gathered before God? Of course not.

Just many cases of literalist non-comprehension working overtime around here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
fun hell.... isn't that an oxymoron.

Indeed ... This fabrication is so obvious. You would have to truly love the concept of hell in order to believe one word of Mary's story ...

So God, who has no pleasure even in the death of the wicked, suffers for eternity because most of his creation is being tortured by his arch enemy. While Satan and his demons are rewarded in hell for all eternity by being able to torture most of gods creation. If this is not a doctrine of demons, i don't know what is.

WAKE UP PEOPLE
!

This is a sick satanic fantasy ... And you are gobbling it up hook line and sinker ...

Old 08-14-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Indeed. That is true. At least about lake of fire.

I am still not sure why you guys attack this person like this. I don't beleive her story either, but is there a reason why I should be outraged about it? No. Hell is an awfully unpleasant place, and her book is her view of it. Dante had his and she had hers.
Finn ... Maybe you did not notice, but this woman is a Liar who is claiming that Jesus gave her this testimony. You will argue with and accuse anyone who believes in the salvation of all people any time of day, but when a person flat out LIES and claims God and Jesus gave her a vision or whatever of hell you are all sensitive toward her. A liar is a liar, and she is only lying to make a profit off of the word of God, Christ our lord ... Re3member what the scriptures say about liars?

So why do you defend this woman? Is it because even though you believe she is deliberately lying, that she is furthering the cause of what you believe to be true? Double standards ...

Old 08-14-2010, 10:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
It's the spirit of anti-christ, that's why.
I don't see that, but if you say so.....

It's a book, not gospel. Hell is a horrible place, and I don't need someone to sell me a book about her idea of it. What is the spirit of anti-christ is to convince someone that hell does not even exist.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:43 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Finn ... Maybe you did not notice, but this woman is a Liar who is claiming that Jesus gave her this testimony. You will argue with and accuse anyone who believes in the salvation of all people any time of day, but when a person flat out LIES and claims God and Jesus gave her a vision or whatever of hell you are all sensitive toward her. A liar is a liar, and she is only lying to make a profit off of the word of God, Christ our lord ... Re3member what the scriptures say about liars?

So why do you defend this woman? Is it because even though you believe she is deliberately lying, that she is furthering the cause of what you believe to be true? Double standards ...
Why do I defend her? Well, I don't defend her, and I am not going to read her book, but Jesus said love your neighbor, even your enemy. Every post you make shows you have nothing but anger and hatred for this woman.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:47 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

And if someone said that they also received testimony from Jesus, but that fit your view, would you not be crowing about how this proves the existence of god and Jesus, and that you are right? Honest answer now, think before responding.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:49 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
Why do I defend her? Well, I don't defend her, and I am not going to read her book, but Jesus said love your neighbor, even your enemy. Every post you make shows you have nothing but anger and hatred for this woman.
True. That's all I see. Even if you don't agree with what she said, what you should have took out of it is that it's a wake up call to you that, hello, you could be gone in 10 seconds flat, and die in your sins, and you will end up in that horrible place that is hell. It's should have rang a bell that you need to get right with God. I know I did after I read her testimony! Heaven and Hell are VERY real as you and I. And if you want to go on living your life as if God doesn't exist, go right on ahead. I will do exactly the opposite.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:

Wrong, i hate her lies ... I love her and i believe one day she will be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. And you are lying now, by saying that i hate her. All liars end up in the lake of Fire ... So what will happen to this woman Finn? What do you believe will happen to this women who is you say is a liar? You believe she will be damned for eternity. So who hates who? Again, double standards.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And if someone said that they also received testimony from Jesus, but that fit your view, would you not be crowing about how this proves the existence of god and Jesus, and that you are right? Honest answer now, think before responding.
That is a rhetorical question, no need to answer it.

Blessed are those who believe without having seen ...

God bless ...

Old 08-14-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
True. That's all I see. Even if you don't agree with what she said, what you should have took out of it is that it's a wake up call to you that, hello, you could be gone in 10 seconds flat, and die in your sins, and you will end up in that horrible place that is hell. It's should have rang a bell that you need to get right with God. I know I did after I read her testimony! Heaven and Hell are VERY real as you and I. And if you want to go on living your life as if God doesn't exist, go right on ahead. I will do exactly the opposite.
If all liars, and all those who are fearful(cowards) are going to have their part in the lake of fire, and you people are using fear and lies to coerce others to believe, what makes you think you are going to be safe? Especially if the lake of fire is a literal eternal torture pit as many claim it to be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity