Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 08:50 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You mean the sons of Levi...again...context Ironmaw......the house of Israel...Levi line....read the darn whole chapter next time...all the way to the end of Malachi...priestly line...purified as silver and gold.....hence Paul, Peter, James, John etc....under Christ...the High Priest.

He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the Lord will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness, and the offerings of Judah and Jerusalem will be acceptable to the Lord, as in days gone by, as in former years.

Let's take it to the end....shall we?

Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble, and that day that is coming will set them on fire," says the Lord Almighty. "Not a root or a branch will be left to them.

Set the stage for the 1st century, not some fairy tale post resurrection judgement as you propose with your UR babble:

See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse.

Want to go further....do you have a towel for your face?

Matt 4:6 He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse.

Luke 1:17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous-to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

You have been corrected once again. Keep 'em coming Ironmaw.
I will be here all day.
Yeah i have noticed that you are always here all day ... Don't you ever work?

None of what you have posted above does anything to prove your false doctrine of ET, other than your having quoted Malachi 4:1 ... So there is no need for me to answer the rest of the post, but i will answer that verse ...

Paul wrote about this in Romans 11. Israel was cut off, and they were left with no root or branch in the kingdom of heaven, but one day they will be grafted back in, when the fullness of the gentiles comes in ...

Peace ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Mine are...but they aren't choking God, they smell good....

You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth."

Not all men.
Indeed, only the bride of Christ will reign with Christ, all others will be subjects in the kingdom. The firstfruits, those of us who believe in this life, are co heirs of the kingdom, but all others who will be saved as though by fire will not inherit the kingdom. The bride of Christ is certainly a select group, but they are not the only one who God saves. For God is the savior of all people, especially(here is the inheritance part, more so the savior of those who believe, not only the savior of those that believe) of those that believe.

Selah ...

Old 08-18-2010, 09:51 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Yeah i have noticed that you are always here all day ... Don't you ever work?

None of what you have posted above does anything to prove your false doctrine of ET, other than your having quoted Malachi 4:1 ... So there is no need for me to answer the rest of the post, but i will answer that verse ...

Paul wrote about this in Romans 11. Israel was cut off, and they were left with no root or branch in the kingdom of heaven, but one day they will be grafted back in, when the fullness of the gentiles comes in ...

Peace ...
So you concede Mal 4:1, wherein the context continued. IT proves against your theory of purified wicked souls.
Read the verse again...SONS OF LEVI

And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

Because of belief they were grafted back in...read the verse next time....and I am off today

Old 08-18-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
So you concede Mal 4:1, wherein the context continued. IT proves against your theory of purified wicked souls.
Read the verse again...SONS OF LEVI

And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

Because of belief they were grafted back in...read the verse next time....and I am off today
You jump to the strangest conclusions. You have torture colored glasses on.

It does not prove against the purification of wicked souls. God did judge Israel by Fire in 70 AD, and they are still under that same judgment today, but all Israel will be saved. Though they were cut off, they will be grafted back in when they come to believe, and everyone will come to believe when all is said and done, as it is written ...

Eph 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him

All things will be gathered together in one in Christ when the time is right, as all will be made alive in Christ, and only then will God be all in all.

Peace

Old 08-18-2010, 10:59 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,646 times
Quote:
You jump to the strangest conclusions. You have torture colored glasses on.

It does not prove against the purification of wicked souls. God did judge Israel by Fire in 70 AD, and they are still under that same judgment today, but all Israel will be saved. Though they were cut off, they will be grafted back in when they come to believe, and everyone will come to believe when all is said and done, as it is written ...

Eph 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him

All things will be gathered together in one in Christ when the time is right, as all will be made alive in Christ, and only then will God be all in all.

Peace
Ironmaw,

This is a little off topic, but I will address this again with you. If you believe that 70 AD was "the" judgement on Israel, then as a Preterist, you have to be obedient to the time texts, and the resurrection of Israel happened then as well.

I don't have torture glasses on, I have Biblical glasses on. I stay true to the word, without distorting it, whether I want to accept it or not, it is truth, therefore I must accept it. Christ said He would come back in that generation, I cannot accept any other paradigm. He is the truth, and what He said, is law and truth. No postponement. Therefore, I am a Full Preterist and that is that, not by choice, but by faith in His words. That is all I will say for now, without derailing Mike's thread any further.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:02 AM

38 posts, read 51,557 times
Quote:
We were all unbelievers at one time and at enmity with God, and we are all still sinners and our personal righteousness is as dirty rags, that is why we need the blood of Christ to cover our sins.

The holy spirit has to come into us in order to convict us of our sin and unbelief and renew our carnal natures and revive our spirits so that we can repent and confess and acknowledge the truth and be saved now in this life. It is only by the power of the holy spirit that one is able to confess to begin with, so your remarks above don't make any sense.

One cannot have faith unless one is spiritually reborn, as faith is a fruit of the spirit. So it is by election that those of us who believe have faith which pleases the God. As it is written ...

Phl 2:13
For it is God which works in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

So if faith is the only thing hat pleases God, and if it is god that works within us to do what pleases him(i.e. have faith) then the only reason someone does not have faith to please God is because God has not yet worked within them to do so.

And as Kat noted above, the apostle Thomas could not believe by faith alone that Jesus resurrected, but had to see it to believe it. Is the apostle Thomas burning in hell and will he be eternally tormented also? The same Goes for the apostle Paul who had to see Christ on the road to Damascus in order to be converted and believe. Is he damned also?

Again more rhetoric and very few scriptural references. If you would rightly divide the word you would understand that God is the one responsible for every aspect of our salvation, including giving us repentance to acknowledge the truth and faith.

2Ti 2:25
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth

Rom 12:3
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.

Hbr 12:2
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Peace ...

All must understand that there is a distinct difference between life and after death. In the context of the scriptures, faith is applicable only before death.

When the unbeliever meets the Lord Jesus in His FULL POWER at the GWT, the Lord will open unbeliever’s eyes. This is term as SIGHT. Faith is no more in application.

The unbeliever would have thus knelt and confessed by himself ALONE (without the Holy Spirit) that Jesus Christ is the Lord by SIGHT. This does not please the Lord God because it is not done by faith. If the Lord is not pleased, He cannot give gifts of forgiveness or save the unbeliever.

Thus the unbeliever must die the second death at the Lake of Fire. For the wages of sin is death.

Sinners cannot worship and praise God because the Lord does not allow them into His presence.

Psalm 1:5 - Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

No one has ever seen God in His full power face to face.

Exodus 33:20 - And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

John 1:18 - No man has seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

1 Tim 6:16 - Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:42 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
I am still waiting for someone to show me in scripture that kampto means anything other then worship.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:36 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
1 Tim 1:15 does not say that 'it is always trustworthy to confess Jesus as Lord'. That is a phrase of your own invention. It says the following. 'It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners...'

Jesus did come to save sinners. But apart from placing their faith in Christ they will not be saved. They will spend eternity in the lake of fire.

Salvation depends on faith in Christ. Many will never place their faith in Christ. They will be eternally lost.

Poppycock, it states that it is TRUSTWORTHY DESERVING OF FULL ACCEPTANCE to believe that jesus came into the word to SAVE SINNERS.

And after the poor excuse of scriptural integrity that your thread title produces you sit there on your religious high horse and declare that it is not trustworthy to believe and ACCEPT FULLY that is it trustworthy to confess Jesus as LORD which is an act that SAVES sinners.

No wonder Christianity today is a laughing stock to the world.

A Christian is seen as "Biblically sound" on this forum after mangling scripture in his thread title then makes the case that the 1 Timothy 1:15 does not tell us that JESUS Christ and Confessing him as Lord is TRUSTWORTHY.

But this is all done to protect your man invented doctrine and you lose sight of the truth while believing you proclaim it.

A trustworthy statement deserving of FULL ACCEPTANCE that JESUS CHRIST SAVES SINNERS and that to you means that it is never trustworthy to Confess Jesus as Lord.

Oh what a mangle job you do to scripture, you should be ashamed.

Last edited by Phazelwood; 08-19-2010 at 06:56 AM..

Old 08-19-2010, 08:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
So, Isaiah is for unbelievers also because v45:22 says...
Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other
Phil. 2-believers, yes
Romans 14-believers, yes

God Bless you Sciotamicks, I needed that perspective of who the Lord is speaking to.
Mercy
Yes, TURN TO ME AND BE SAVED.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:50 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, TURN TO ME AND BE SAVED.
Yes, God will tell all the ends of the earth TURN TO ME AND BE SAVED. Then every knee will bow and every tongue will swear allegiance to God.

You do the math.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity