Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 10:10 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Lost house of Israel... God never said He was going to save all of mankind, just to save the House of Israel, which Paul later helped us realize, that comprised of Jew and Gentile, a selected group. Sins are paid for, forvever, for everyone, yet one myust believe that they are, through Christ. Then they are saved.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Believe in Christ, and you are a Jew.

But he [is] a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the spirit, [and] not in the letter; whose praise [is] not of men, but of God.

"At that time," declares the Lord, "I will be the God of all the clans of Israel, and they will be my people." ...This is what the Lord says: "Sing with joy for Jacob; shout for the foremost of the nations. Make your praises heard, and say, 'O Lord, save your people, the remnant of Israel.' ....It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them, " declares the Lord......."This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the Lord. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. "

To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Who [is] a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth [in] mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea. Thou wilt perform the truth to Jacob, [and] the mercy to Abraham, which thou hast sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.

For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and [there shall be] none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou [art] my people.

To the Gentiles - Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and [their] thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another. In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. [Whereof] the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these [is, there is] no more offering for sin. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus.

The apostles and prophets never entertianed the idea of accepting Christ after they have died physically. It is NO WHERE in the Bible....anywhere.
How can the obvious, be so elusive to you folks? Logic and truth have not enetered into your minds, and the deception you are under, is to benefit God's overall plan. These things may never be revealed to you, but if they are, it is only because God feels you are ready. That is for sure.
Amen.
This post nailed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 11:27 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:

The apostles and prophets never entertianed the idea of accepting Christ after they have died physically. It is NO WHERE in the Bible....anywhere.
How can the obvious, be so elusive to you folks? Logic and truth have not enetered into your minds, and the deception you are under, is to benefit God's overall plan. These things may never be revealed to you, but if they are, it is only because God feels you are ready. That is for sure.

Wrong again ...

1Pe 4:6
For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.

1Pe 3:18-20
For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.

These prove against your doctrine ...

Old 08-19-2010, 11:50 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Wrong again ...

1Pe 4:6
For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.

1Pe 3:18-20
For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.

These prove against your doctrine ...
Actually, thank you, they prove hard knocks against yours.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Lost house of Israel... God never said He was going to save all of mankind, just to save the House of Israel, which Paul later helped us realize, that comprised of Jew and Gentile, a selected group. Sins are paid for, forvever, for everyone, yet one myust believe that they are, through Christ. Then they are saved.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Believe in Christ, and you are a Jew.

But he [is] a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the spirit, [and] not in the letter; whose praise [is] not of men, but of God.

"At that time," declares the Lord, "I will be the God of all the clans of Israel, and they will be my people." ...This is what the Lord says: "Sing with joy for Jacob; shout for the foremost of the nations. Make your praises heard, and say, 'O Lord, save your people, the remnant of Israel.' ....It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them, " declares the Lord......."This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the Lord. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. "

To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Who [is] a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth [in] mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea. Thou wilt perform the truth to Jacob, [and] the mercy to Abraham, which thou hast sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.

For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and [there shall be] none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou [art] my people.

To the Gentiles - Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and [their] thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another. In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. [Whereof] the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these [is, there is] no more offering for sin. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Amen.
This post nailed it.

So now we see the truth of it ... Sciotamicks and Hotinaz are elitists who believe that God is not the savior of all men, nor did he ever intend to save all. Yet the scriptures tell us contrary to their words ... For God will have all men be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth, and he is the savior of all men, especially of those that believe. And he is the propitiation for our sin, and not our sin only, but for the sin of the whole world.

They say God never said he would save the world, and that Christ was never intended to save the world, only those who are gods "elect", and to hell with everyone else ... This is the true color of these two and their teachings of elitism. How very sad ...

But the real good news is that in fact all will repent and acknowledge the truth and turn to God and worship him and be saved before all is said and done, for that Is gods purpose in sending Christ, so that all who die in Adam will be made alive in Christ.

Amen ...

Old 08-19-2010, 09:04 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
This is absurd . . . now you are using the absence in scripture (which was specifically stated by Jesus to be incomplete) and the ignorance of the apostles (which you otherwise revere and retain) as your basis for asserting what is NOT in the scripture as fact. The moon landings are nowhere in the bible (in fact the ignorance in the bible is profound) so you not only retain the ignorant interpretations but use the ignorance as support for your precepts and doctrines of men too???

Old 08-20-2010, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Actually, thank you, they prove hard knocks against yours.

We are all guilty of one liners aren't we?

Old 08-20-2010, 06:04 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Quote:
We are all guilty of one liners aren't we?
I am guilty of alot of things, and one liners is one of them

Old 08-20-2010, 07:48 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Mat 18:11
For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

Luk 19:10
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

If most people are lost forever, then how can it be said that Christ was successful?

Mar 2:17
And hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

And if being a sinner is a sickness, one which requires the healing power of God, then why would God eternally damn sinners and unbelievers when it is in his power to heal them and give them repentance?

The fact of the matter is, according to traditional fundamentalist Christianity, the Word of God(Christ) is of none effect, and Christ failed in his mission to give repentance to the lost and in healing sinners of their spiritual disease ... Again fundamentalists teach that most of the people in the world who are lost and spiritually sick will never be found or healed, and so if what they teach is true, then Christ failed in his mission.
When Christ told Peter that He was going to build His Church, He said that "the gates of hell will not prevail against it."

I believe most people are mistaken in how they interepret this phrase. To a Jew of Christ's day (like Peter, for instance), the gates of hell did not have the sinister connotation many Christians today see in it. It had nothing to do with evil or Satan or anything of that sort. It simply referred to the entrance of the underworld, where the spirits of the dead awaited the resurrection. Jesus was saying that His Church would not cease to exist in the spirit realm and that those who had not had the opportunity to hear and accept His gospel during mortality would have the chance to do so after they died but before the day of their judgment. The gates of hell would not prevent the gospel from being taught to the spirits of those who would repent once they heard it. That's anything but failure, in my opinion!

Old 08-20-2010, 08:52 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
When Christ told Peter that He was going to build His Church, He said that "the gates of hell will not prevail against it."

I believe most people are mistaken in how they interepret this phrase. To a Jew of Christ's day (like Peter, for instance), the gates of hell did not have the sinister connotation many Christians today see in it. It had nothing to do with evil or Satan or anything of that sort. It simply referred to the entrance of the underworld, where the spirits of the dead awaited the resurrection. Jesus was saying that His Church would not cease to exist in the spirit realm and that those who had not had the opportunity to hear and accept His gospel during mortality would have the chance to do so after they died but before the day of their judgment. The gates of hell would not prevent the gospel from being taught to the spirits of those who would repent once they heard it. That's anything but failure, in my opinion!
Here is a companion verse to your excellent observations regarding redemption of the dead :

Hos 13:14 From the hand of Sheol I do ransom them, From death I redeem them, Where is thy plague, O death? Where thy destruction, O Sheol? Repentance is hid from Mine eyes.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:21 AM

78 posts, read 107,373 times
AlabamaStorm
when i read your post:
Hos 13:14 From the hand of Sheol I do ransom them, From death I redeem them, Where is thy plague, O death? Where thy destruction, O Sheol? Repentance is hid from Mine eyes.

It sparked a thought in my itty bitty mind:

sheol, underworld, grave, hell, pit
  1. the underworld
  2. Sheol - the OT designation for the abode of the dead ]
    1. place of no return
    2. without praise of God
    3. wicked sent there for punishment
    4. righteous not abandoned to it
    5. of the place of exile (fig)
    6. of extreme degradation in sin
Dr. Strong says in #1. place of no return,

but yet Hosea says we will be ransomed, redeemed

i believe this has already happened, that is the work done on the cross
and the reason i believe that is because of this:

1 Corinthians 15:20-26 20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

If there is any that at one time had life, and is not alive when Christ delievers up the kingdom to God the Father, then death still exsists, and this scripture can't come to be

blessings ya'll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity