Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 01:25 PM

18 posts, read 24,183 times

Advertisements

Oh, I really hope not to start a rift from my thread. :-(
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 01:51 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,212,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April_3 View Post
Don't worry, read through this place. Of the 30 or so regulars there are 40 opinions. :-)

Old 08-17-2010, 03:15 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post
I agree, the Calvary Chapel is a wonderful church ! Never been to that one in Costa Mesa, but have fellowship in their sister churches !!
They are definitely a bible teaching church and have always found the people who fellowship in the Calvary Chapel to be a wonderful, loving group of Christians !!!
I have a Calvary Church down the block and two years ago the pastor (who drives a harley...kudos to him) sided with the wife in a divorce and the man (unable to see his children) was banned from the church... the next sunday he showed up early and shot himself in the head in the parking lot.

IMO all pastors have control issues and some take that way too far. This could have been prevented if the pastor had had any compassion at all but the husband was declared a sinner and "excommunicated" so to speak.... sad very sad.

Come to find out the wife was making the divorce a living hell and the kids were smack in the middle. Now they don't have a Dad...

Old 08-17-2010, 03:22 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I have a Calvary Church down the block and two years ago the pastor (who drives a harley...kudos to him) sided with the wife in a divorce and the man (unable to see his children) was banned from the church... the next sunday he showed up early and shot himself in the head in the parking lot.

IMO all pastors have control issues and some take that way too far. This could have been prevented if the pastor had had any compassion at all but the husband was declared a sinner and "excommunicated" so to speak.... sad very sad.

Come to find out the wife was making the divorce a living hell and the kids were smack in the middle. Now they don't have a Dad...
Calvary Chapel [Costa Mesa associated] is a good place to fellowship.Too bad for the man, the wife, the children, and the whole Church community there, but the Pastor is not the courts, where these issues are settled these days -no matter if he was in fellowship with Calvary Chapel [Costa Mesa] or another organization.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Salvation by Grace is a good thing to me.
Who gets it any other way?

Old 08-17-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I have a daughter born April 3. Is that your B-day too?

Old 08-17-2010, 03:39 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times
Quote:
This is definately what we have come to realize over this time.
I was raised baptist, until around 6th grade when my mom and step-dad got married, then it was COC until I graduated. Honestly, I never liked it there in the first place and didn't put in the time to try to find the truth. Something seemed off about it. I couldn't ever put my finger on it, and now that I have really put in the time to read the Bible and realize that it's not what I am reading it should be.

I know that giving up that time for my mother to see the kids is going to be hard for her, but we as a family need to be somewhere where we can truely grow in our faith. (I wish there was a way to help her out aswell. She is baptist but will not do anything (i.e. go elsewhere) because of my step-dad...)

When I met my husband he was at a Non-denominational church(As a foster child, he had been to many different kinds of churches and learned a lot from each). We loved this place, but once we moved it was just too far...in another state...to drive to. Everyone was loving, giving, concerned for one another, and did things as I have come to believe they should be done. I truely felt welcome there.

I want to find the church for us. One that will not teach my children that their mom and dad are not saved or that we should sell our car because we do not give enough to the plate on Sunday morning.

God Bless,
April
There is a way (the only way) to find "The Church"...follow what your heart dictates and you will find it...

"LOVE GOD AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF"

May The Spirit of God guide your journey to his "TRUTH".

Old 08-17-2010, 03:42 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
My son's birthday is also April 3

Old 08-17-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Nope. Mine is May 23. My name is April because my mother was supposed to have had me in April..lol.. but I came a month late!
The 3 is for my 3 babies!

Bless ya'll!
~April

Old 08-17-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
There is a way (the only way) to find "The Church"...follow what your heart dictates and you will find it...

"LOVE GOD AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF"

May The Spirit of God guide your journey to his "TRUTH".
Thank you. I believe we are on our way to finding "the Church" that we belong in.

God Bless,
~April
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity