Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 03:32 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,593,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Although it was nice, it was not based upon the OP.
The only immortality is God and God alone.

If the gift of eternal life based upon the merit of One, is given to those who believe and submit to His Authority, repenting of their sins, and following Him,,,is ultimately His to give,,He will give to those who do His will. ONLY.

You cannot force anyone do do anything. It must be done out of love, or not at all.
Only the Son does the will of the Father. From my perspective you are still looking at this through a carnal perspective - which is not necessarily a put down, because many need that to make the entire scenario practical.

We probably agree on most things, including the lack of an immortal soul, but there is a breath of God issue which is intertwined with the human spirit/consciousness you may not be seeing in it's entirety.

At this point though it largely becomes semantics and we are probably too deep to impart any practical information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 04:09 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,432,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
We are supposed to be like God, and we are being MADE in his image. To do what, exactly? What happens after we physically die nobody knows. Infinity is a long time.
What happens after we physically die nobody knows .. it honestly surprises me that after reading the NT that one can still ask this question.

When I read the NT, that is answered over and over and over.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:39 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,285,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What happens after we physically die nobody knows .. it honestly surprises me that after reading the NT that one can still ask this question.

When I read the NT, that is answered over and over and over.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:03 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,720,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
[/color][/color]
As a partial blood Jew, I can say with all sincerity that the blindfolds are OFF, and they can seek out Jesus as we have done.
Romans 3:11-18
What shall we conclude then? Are we any better? Not at all! We have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin. As it is written:“There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands,
no one who seeks God.
All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”
“Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit.”
“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”
“Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”
“Their feet are swift to shed blood;
ruin and misery mark their ways,
and the way of peace they do not know.”
“There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

The bible is Clear, none seek after God, but God in Christs seeks and finds us, none choose Christ, but Christ chooses us ...

Paul warned us not to be wise in our own conceits, and to not think more highly of ourselves than we ought to ... Many Christians do err in this regard.

Peace ...

Old 08-19-2010, 06:12 PM

595 posts, read 758,605 times
I'm just putting these scriptures out there, that our souls are immortal.

Matthew 27:52 The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.
Ephesians 4:8
This is why it [ Or God] says: "When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men." [ Psalm 68:18]
1 Peter 1:9
for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Ecclesiastes 12: 7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it. Daniel 12: 2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.
Matthew 25: 46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
God is eternal by He has always been and always will be. God has no beginning and no end.
We have a beginning, an origin of creation made by God. He did make our souls to live forever, they are His and go back to Him. A people made for Himself, through the sanctifying work of Jesus Christ, to be Holy as He is Holy.

God Bless,
Mercy

Old 08-20-2010, 11:06 AM

2,031 posts, read 3,213,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Even the spirits that are in hell fire are there forever and do not die! Your spirit is that part of you that resembles God. God is a Spirit (Holy Spirit), we are spirits, so we are gods!
No.....we are not gods.

"See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me" Deuteronomy 32:39

"Is it not I, Yahweh? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me." Isaiah 45:21

"I am Yahweh, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God." Isaiah 45:5

Old 08-20-2010, 11:40 AM

32,929 posts, read 26,160,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
No.....we are not gods.

"Is it not I, Yahweh? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me." Isaiah 45:21

Old 08-20-2010, 11:53 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,980,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Romans 3:11-18
What shall we conclude then? Are we any better? Not at all! We have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin. As it is written:“There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands,
no one who seeks God.
All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”
“Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit.”
“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”
“Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”
“Their feet are swift to shed blood;
ruin and misery mark their ways,
and the way of peace they do not know.”
“There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

The bible is Clear, none seek after God, but God in Christs seeks and finds us, none choose Christ, but Christ chooses us ...

Paul warned us not to be wise in our own conceits, and to not think more highly of ourselves than we ought to ... Many Christians do err in this regard.

Peace ...
Yes, many do err.

Heartsong

Old 08-20-2010, 02:30 PM

910 posts, read 1,331,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
No.....we are not gods.

Even Christ said so when he was confronted by the Jews. He said that it is written that ye are gods. I rest.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:36 PM

11,713 posts, read 3,577,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Even Christ said so when he was confronted by the Jews. He said that it is written that ye are gods. I rest.
We are also referred to as sheep but that does not make us sheep --- we are not Gods ...... or sheep, we are the children of God
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity