Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 01:14 PM

3 posts, read 5,253 times

Advertisements

In the old testament, the angels are refered to as holy animals. I take this to mean they lack real choice and the angels are not altogether happy about it. Satan is profoundly animal and he does what he does. Just like snakes,sharks or anything else that cause us to be wary. We hate Satan only because of the damage he can do to our souls. We are all going to perish someday but we don't dwell on it. (Gift from G-d)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 02:37 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I didn't mean to imply that you haven't read your bible... I meant from cover to cover in order. It is a story after all. Sorry for the confusion.

If you do that you see that in Genesis there is a holy line of the children of Adam in Seth. Those holy ones are called giants or men of renown. These are the ones that disobeyed God and lusted after women not in the race of Seth.
The Word of God is clear that Satan was never a holy angel, but is created evil spirit, and was never a son of God, but is created to tempt, test, and try holy angels and men, and for whom the Lake of fire was created; and his food and delight forever will be to feast on the rejects cast into the Lake of Fire whom he accuses before the Glory so as to get them for his spoils.
The Word of God is also most emphatically clear that "ben elohym laqach bath Adam", in Genesis 6. It is totally false to make a claim in any way that the son of God were Seth's line, as the Word says no such a thing, and says the sons of God "laqach bath Adam" = "sons of God took daughters Adam", and went in to them [had sexual relations with them], before the flood and more also did after the flood, also and "nephillim were born" =the giants of old.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:07 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Yes, you and InsaneInDaMembrane are spot on here.

Always remember the truth is not illogical or contradictory. If Satan really is here to "bring down to hell as many souls as he can", why on earth
has God not stopped Him? Surely God does not want people to suffer forever (but some here do think that). It's absurd.

The real reason Satan is here is to provide some of the necessary adversity for our character growth. Adversity builds character. Everything (including Satan) is working exactly to God's plan.

Regarding the OP, whether Satan knows this or not - I don't know. It is clear though that Satan can only do what God allows. God is not stupid or evil - Satan has not tricked God or twisted His arm.
Exactly!! It is absurd and I truly believe that God would not create a being to do what Satan does and then destroy him simply because he was doing what he was created to do. Now THAT'S illogical.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:18 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You know that's something I've always wondered about.....why does Satan, knowing full well God's plan for him in the end, continue to wreak havoc and evil? Does he know something that we don't? Any thoughts?
To kill, steal and destroy; he is trying to damn every soul that he can.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:10 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Saddam Hussein said he won every war and was the President of Iraq and was victorious in his mind until the day he died, why? because he was still alive...... So the mind of Saddam could be the same influance as a satanic mind set.....??

Old 08-20-2010, 05:12 PM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Exactly!! It is absurd and I truly believe that God would not create a being to do what Satan does and then destroy him simply because he was doing what he was created to do. Now THAT'S illogical.
I don't think God did create Satan to do evil. He created Satan and Satan chose to do evil. There is an enormous difference. I see Satan as being in an entirely different category than people on earth who reject God or Christ. Mankind -- let's say even the worst individuals who have ever walked the earth -- are not in the same situation than Satan was when, before the foundations of this world, He consciously, knowingly and maliciously rebelled against God. He basically stood in the presence of His Creator and sought to exalt himself above Him. He was cast out of God's presence then and has never for a moment stopped trying to turn all of humanity against God.

I don't believe Satan will ever be destroyed (if, by "destroyed" you mean made to be non-existent). I don't believe He'll spend eternity in a literal lake of fire, either. What I do believe is that He'll spend eternity separated from the glory, majesty, and love of God. I doubt that even a lake of fire could be that horrible.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:13 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
To kill, steal and destroy; he is trying to damn every soul that he can.
scgraham,
You're correct. Jesus said Satan is a like a roaring lion, you want to believe Satan is some purring cat....just who's preaching that Ilene?

"wickedness will not release those who practice it"....

"Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness"

"A false witness will perish, and whoever listens to him will be destroyed forever."

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Who is a murdered Ilene? .... Jesus?

"Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him."

" the devil .... He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

Old 08-20-2010, 05:25 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
The Word of God is clear that Satan was never a holy angel, but is created evil spirit, and was never a son of God, but is created to tempt, test, and try holy angels and men, and for whom the Lake of fire was created; and his food and delight forever will be to feast on the rejects cast into the Lake of Fire whom he accuses before the Glory so as to get them for his spoils.
The Word of God is also most emphatically clear that "ben elohym laqach bath Adam", in Genesis 6. It is totally false to make a claim in any way that the son of God were Seth's line, as the Word says no such a thing, and says the sons of God "laqach bath Adam" = "sons of God took daughters Adam", and went in to them [had sexual relations with them], before the flood and more also did after the flood, also and "nephillim were born" =the giants of old.

If that is true then why are the Daughters of God not mentioned for having married Sons of Men?

There is something that just doesn't add up. The passage isn't talking about supernatural beings but yet you think it suddenly jumps subjects. It is more likely, IMO, to be talking about actually people. What the problem was with one set marrying another.... I don't know but neither do I know what was so wrong about counting some men.....

It is usually the simplest answer not the most complicated in my experience. Making a whole new race of beings is not the simplest answer.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:27 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't think God did create Satan to do evil. He created Satan and Satan chose to do evil. There is an enormous difference. I see Satan as being in an entirely different category than people on earth who reject God or Christ. Mankind -- let's say even the worst individuals who have ever walked the earth -- are not in the same situation than Satan was when, before the foundations of this world, He consciously, knowingly and maliciously rebelled against God. He basically stood in the presence of His Creator and sought to exalt himself above Him. He was cast out of God's presence then and has never for a moment stopped trying to turn all of humanity against God.

I don't believe Satan will ever be destroyed (if, by "destroyed" you mean made to be non-existent). I don't believe He'll spend eternity in a literal lake of fire, either. What I do believe is that He'll spend eternity separated from the glory, majesty, and love of God. I doubt that even a lake of fire could be that horrible.
The book of Job doesn't make much sense if God and Satan are against each other. If God has an adversary then is God almighty?

Old 08-20-2010, 05:30 PM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The book of Job doesn't make much sense if God and Satan are against each other. If God has an adversary then is God almighty?
I'm sorry, but you lost me. I don't understand why God's power would be compromised by His having an adversary. He was definitely "almighty" enough to cast Satan (i.e. Lucifer) out of Heaven. Satan is the father of lies, evil and wickedness. He is diametrically opposed to everything God is. Why would he not be considered God's adversary?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity