U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-28-2010, 02:26 AM

7,374 posts, read 4,454,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmeaftrdrk View Post
um, hi every1. been waitn to interject sns im new to all these thins. whats a universalist? why yall so mad?

Hello friend. A Christian unilateralist believes that the death and Resurrection of Christ was good once and for all. Those who disagree believe that they are better than everyone else.

Peace ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 02:29 AM

7,374 posts, read 4,454,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Are you saying that all ETer's are Primitive, brutal, savage, ferocious, violent, twisted, greedy, barbaric?

Or, are you saying that only some ETer's are Primitive, brutal, savage, ferocious, violent, twisted, greedy, barbaric?

Just wanted to clarify this. I want to make sure so I can be on the lookout for them, thanks...

I am saying that the idea is ... Etc. And anyone who subscribes to that idea fits the description.
I am saying that whoever believes my lord cannot heal the sick, are themselves sick ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 08-28-2010 at 02:38 AM..

Old 08-28-2010, 04:52 PM

5,214 posts, read 3,328,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Hello friend. A Christian unilateralist believes that the death and Resurrection of Christ was good once and for all. Those who disagree believe that they are better than everyone else.

Peace ...
Everyone that is a Chrstian believes this Ironmaw.
Tell them this poster the truth behind it.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
My point was that all things are IN CHRIST NOW from creation. All things CONSIST in Christ during their existence and all things are subjected NOW to Christ. All things will, in the end, be subject back to God who subjected them to Christ, that God may be all in all.

1Co 15:28 and when the all things may be subjected to him, then the Son also himself shall be subject to Him, who did subject to him the all things, that God may be the all in all.

Now, seeing that God will in the end be the all in all, He is not the God of the dead but of the living. All will, in the end, live to God. There is no other way around it my friend. Believe it.

May I ask why you have such little faith in God?
Everything you said I believe Alabama. Everything. Where we differ, is when God becomes/became All in All. You aren't a universalist.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
Sciotamicks,

Is there a reason you haven't answered my post #149 on page 15?

It is just basically saying you become like your God. This was the rationale in English speaking lands (the last of Europe to enact such measures) for the statute of de heretico comburendo in 1401. People were tortured and burned at the stake for over 200 years. One proof that they were heretics was even that they had some of the Bible in their own language.

In the post cited above that you ignored I began with how God's purpose it to make us in His image and likeness. If God could forgive the wicked their sins He'd have no more reason to torture them. If God was ever satisfied that they'd sufffered in the fire enough He's stop torturing them. So God is presented as never forgiving and never being satisfied. He is The Master Torturer who all the time whispers, "I love you. I love you," into the ears of His unwilling victims. This means you too must become like Him. This is what the Creator is making as He forms you. "Become, then, imitators of God, as beloved children..." (Eph 5:1)

(Maybe you won't be able to deal with this "shorter" form either. I have even more I could add to the longer version on page 15 in this thread.)
James,

I apologize if I didn't answer your post, I did not ignore it. I missed it.
Secondly, it is not the will of the Father for those to deny Him, it is the will of man, who has not been drawn by the Father for His good works.
Man is depraved, and without God, he is dead.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:35 AM

7,584 posts, read 2,744,079 times
WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE

When you were dead in your transgressions and the un-circumcision of your flesh, the SPIRIT made you alive together with Christ, having forgiven us all our transgressions,
having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Does that mean we should continue to sin, missing the mark?

Of course not, there are still consequences associated with them in this life when brought before the magistrates charged with the administration of the law of the land.
Now, is judgment brought upon you, and all of us will come face to face with the grave matter for death is a given; fear not.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:22 PM

Paul died daily.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE

When you were dead in your transgressions and the un-circumcision of your flesh, the SPIRIT made you alive together with Christ, having forgiven us all our transgressions,
having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Does that mean we should continue to sin, missing the mark?

Of course not, there are still consequences associated with them in this life when brought before the magistrates charged with the administration of the law of the land.
Now, is judgment brought upon you, and all of us will come face to face with the grave matter for death is a given; fear not.
Circumscision of the flesh, has nothing to do with this.
When are you going to figure this out?

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither [is that] circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he [is] a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the spirit, [and] not in the letter; whose praise [is] not of men, but of God.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Circumscision of the flesh, has nothing to do with this.
When are you going to figure this out?

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither [is that] circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he [is] a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the spirit, [and] not in the letter; whose praise [is] not of men, but of God.
When are you going to acquire some common sense?

When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, the SPIRIT made you alive together with Christ, having forgiven us all our transgressions,

Of course, it’s a matter of an internal heart condition and that of being made alive with a new heart of flesh.
Spiritually speaking, it is not that of a uncircumcised fleshly organ, according to the law?
So, stop looking on the outer appearance of things, superficially twisting what others, and the Scriptures are saying.

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-29-2010 at 03:23 PM..

Old 08-29-2010, 03:37 PM

"Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity