U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2010, 03:38 PM

17,189 posts, read 8,706,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Paul died daily.
Often, a prickly thorn produces tender roses for all judgments of the SPIRIT are remedial; for that of healing (salvation).

"Light and truth will come at the moment of death."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 05:41 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,259,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Now this, I can agree with.

We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:44 PM

17,189 posts, read 8,706,702 times
Quote:
Now this, I can agree with.

We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
Sciotamicks, to this I also say, Amen!

Old 08-30-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Well i never know what you accept Sciotamicks, you switch it up like an ambidextrous boxer ... One moment your a south paw the next your swinging from the right. I wonder if you even know what you believe ... Is it Eternal Torture or Annihilation?
My dear friend Ironmaw,

If I were to unload on you in one swoop what I believe, and the schematics of it, you would probably wither up and implode . Little by little my friend, until it is all out. It is going to take time, and I might have to write a couple of books on it, as others have already, in hopes that in time, the church will begin to see the Bible in a differnt light than it has been for the last two thousand years. I know for a fact, the Jewish Christians of the first century, saw it much differently than we do, as a western civilized populace. You couldn't comprehend it, because you, and most of the church body, are stuck in the literal applicition of the scripture, teetering between allegory, symbolism, narrative, and prophetic, confusing yourselves as to which direction you must turn.
But I will start off with this my friend.

I believe in conditional immortality.

PS. thank you for correcting my typos of syntactics, we all type really fast, and our fingers are accustomed to their movements, and like shoudl should be should, yet I always seem to be editing my posts to correct this very word. God bless you friend in Christ.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:56 PM

702 posts, read 840,402 times
Sciotamicks,

You still haven't told me how you're dealing with my post #149, p.15, or even my overly reduced version (of #149) I put here in post #222, p.23. Where's any substantive reaction to the issues I raised here?

-- James

Old 08-31-2010, 01:57 AM

5,500 posts, read 4,386,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
(I use the above as only a sample of your oft conveyed sentiment that we are supposed to be different than God.)

In the beginning God said, "Let us make man in our image and likeness..." This is His immutable purpose. Paul spoke of being, "in travail until Christ be fully formed in you." We are told to "Become, then, imitators of God, as beloved children..." (Eph 5:1)

Assuming this to be absolutely true, the purpose and command of God, consider an obedient man, the father of several children. He sets a deadline. You know what that is? Like people's unbiblical tradition of there being the line of death which once crossed means your destiny has been set. God works to convert you no more. It's too late. There are no more opportunities to repent, to change. So the father has a dead line. The children who repent in time are forgiven and accepted. Those rebellious after the deadline are condemned. They are imprisoned and tortured, specially with burnings and heat. Only so much lest they die; but as much as possible. This must be prolonged as long as best he is able in copying the true torment God his Father will perpetuate upon billions of His own helpless children. There is no mercy. This man is only obeying His God. According to Eternal Torture doctrine God is far worse than Stalin who could only for a season enslave then kill you, or Hitler who could only torture you and then you were released in death. Jesus is supposed to never release His prisoners. They cannot escape perpetual pain by dying. God is of vastly greater evil beyond all comparison or comprehension than any man or devil, however evil so the believer continues torturing these children for years as they mature, all the while repeating, "I love you." That God is loving forever those He is torturing forever makes Him a sadistic schizophrenic with multiple personality disorder and something worse than serial murderers who at least grant release when they kill their victims. "All things are for His pleasure" according to Scripture. If this is what He actually does to satisfy His Divine justice, then how satisfying can it be? It has nothing to do with justice, if He has to keep torturing them then He can never be satisfied! Therefore He has to get pleasure out of torturing those He loves. The children's cries for mercy are ignored. It is too late. They passed the deadline and must be punished. It is only right. Punished as perpetually as humanly possible and their "wrongs" are still not expunged. As their God can never be satisfied but must ceaselessly torture for ever and ever, always, everlasting punishing, for ever and ever, and ever...and ever...do you never think about it!? Can you never meditate at length on this incomparable horror, this greatest of evils!?

And what, when found out, would any human court do to such an one, obedient to the God you teach Him is true?

Nothing like religion to sear the conscience!!! Nothing like religion to make evil good and good evil, which thing God says He hates!!! I wonder if like so many you cannot break your addiction to the words of men to even pray your way through to a rational choice to at least examine the record of Scripture concerning this doctrine...

Don't you dare tell me this doesn't happen! It has happened to many in varying degrees, myself included. YOU BECOME LIKE THE GOD YOU SERVE!!! Under the statute of 1401 known as de heretico comburendo they burned Christians at the stake in England for 200 years and longer in the rest of Europe. The Roman Catholics of the Inquisition said to them that they only, "Consign to temporal flames that you may be saved from eternal flames." To know the Ave Maria, the "Our Father," or "The 10 Commandments" in English was sufficient proof of heresy. To possess the Bible in English was to be a heretic. Many have found themselves excluded from their "evangelical" families because they believed something else about whatever doctrine; or, maybe as youths, they were caught in some sin. Rather than be helped or reasoned with, they were dumped. Whole churches have seen to it I lost my job, my friends, my place to live over a lying slander behind my back. Why? It's like their God!!! Am I glad that Institutional Christianity does not drive the power of the state! Very possibly this particular issue is enough to explain why in the mercy of God it has been ousted.

Not merely pointing out and answering objections to what is Written, we appeal to your own conscience of what is right and wrong. It is common, when confronted with the repugnance and moral depravity of making God to be The Supreme Sadist and Master Torturer, to hide from it, to deny we even have the right to think about it, or exercise our God given conscience to discern good from evil. These are underlying causes of Christians not improving themselves to become reasonable, lenient and jovial witnesses of the Happy God to a needy world. Well you better meditate on it! If Ultimate Evil is what He is, then He's making you into the same image! "And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes." (Lk 12:47-48) To choose to be eternal tormentors when there are reasonable options shown to you...God will surely stop you soon enough!
Quote:
Sciotamicks,

Is there a reason you haven't answered my post #149 on page 15?

It is just basically saying you become like your God. This was the rationale in English speaking lands (the last of Europe to enact such measures) for the statute of de heretico comburendo in 1401. People were tortured and burned at the stake for over 200 years. One proof that they were heretics was even that they had some of the Bible in their own language.

In the post cited above that you ignored I began with how God's purpose it to make us in His image and likeness. If God could forgive the wicked their sins He'd have no more reason to torture them. If God was ever satisfied that they'd sufffered in the fire enough He's stop torturing them. So God is presented as never forgiving and never being satisfied. He is The Master Torturer who all the time whispers, "I love you. I love you," into the ears of His unwilling victims. This means you too must become like Him. This is what the Creator is making as He forms you. "Become, then, imitators of God, as beloved children..." (Eph 5:1)

(Maybe you won't be able to deal with this "shorter" form either. I have even more I could add to the longer version on page 15 in this thread.)
Very articulate James! A powerful discourse that deserves to be brought forward again...

Blessings...

Old 08-31-2010, 07:39 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,653,808 times
Quote:
If I were to unload on you in one swoop what I believe, and the schematics of it, you would probably wither up and implode . Little by little my friend, until it is all out.
That is religion for ya, they trump it up, complicate and convolude and obfuscate things to make it appear there is some greatness to it when in reality it is dried up and withered nonsense and couldn't implode a paper bag.

God is Love and Jesus wins. Stick that in your schematics.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
That is religion for ya, they trump it up, complicate and convolude and obfuscate things to make it appear there is some greatness to it when in reality it is dried up and withered nonsense and couldn't implode a paper bag.

God is Love and Jesus wins. Stick that in your schematics.

Mr. Hazelwood, your attitude is unnerving.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Sciotamicks,

You still haven't told me how you're dealing with my post #149, p.15, or even my overly reduced version (of #149) I put here in post #222, p.23. Where's any substantive reaction to the issues I raised here?

-- James
JamesMRhode,

I dealt with it already. Thumb through the thread again, and if you don't like my answer, I cannot say anymore.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:17 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,653,808 times
Quote:
Mr. Hazelwood, your attitude is unnerving.

Then don't write nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or